Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Feb 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2833103)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Official LMS Test Days - HTTT Paul Ricard 11/12 March 2011

The provisional entry list has been published for the upcoming official LMS test days at HTTT Paul Ricard on 11/12 March:

Entry List

26 cars are currently entered.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2833116)   #2
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if it is a bit off topic (haven't found the HTTT race thread), but do you know when we'll get the final entry list for the race itself?

Current LMS full season entry list is a bit disapointing (no Corvette, no Spyker, no BMW...). I'm realy hoping for some last moment surprise entry for the race, as I'm going this year again.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2833182)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Sorry if it is a bit off topic (haven't found the HTTT race thread), but do you know when we'll get the final entry list for the race itself?

Current LMS full season entry list is a bit disapointing (no Corvette, no Spyker, no BMW...). I'm realy hoping for some last moment surprise entry for the race, as I'm going this year again.
No entry list for that specific race has been released as yet, but assume it will broadly follow the full season LMS entry list. You'll find a link to the general LMS 2011 thread below so that you can continue this discussion there:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...124161&page=22

I have posted a link to the LMS Full Season Entry List on there again for you.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2833213)   #4
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

People need to adjust to the fact that non-ILMC LMS races will be average grids. I'd expect non-ILMC ALMS grids to be dire apart from GT.

Regards,

Ben
Old 18 Feb 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2833223)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
People need to adjust to the fact that non-ILMC LMS races will be average grids. I'd expect non-ILMC ALMS grids to be dire apart from GT.

Regards,

Ben
I certainly wouldn't say that 36 cars for a full season was average - It may lack some of the sparkle but it certainly isn't the meltdown that it might have been. ALMS certainly have some challenges ahead on LMP but their GT field will still be stellar
Old 18 Feb 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2833250)   #6
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I certainly wouldn't say that 36 cars for a full season was average - It may lack some of the sparkle but it certainly isn't the meltdown that it might have been. ALMS certainly have some challenges ahead on LMP but their GT field will still be stellar
Fair to some extent, but not all of the "full season" entries did all the races last year.

Without a doubt I hope I'm wrong, but I think it will be more rewarding to go in with lower expectations :-)

Ben
Old 18 Feb 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2833490)   #7
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure there will be the usual 'race by race' entries over the season to balance out any of the full-season LMS entries that might skip races
Old 18 Feb 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2833502)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, wouldnt worry about it. Last year we had two filler races, this year just one (Estoril). Paul Ricard is a great track - not just for testing - and as a European season opener it should again attract some extra entries that are preparing for upcoming races.

Thank god they're using the full Mistral. And as Audi isn't present this year, we might actually see some decent lead fights in P1.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 06:27 (Ref:2833627)   #9
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the answears guys, I'm heading to the LMS 2011 topic for the Paul Ricard race discussion then.

Back on topic, I feel the test day should have been moved to a sooner date, since LMS teams which also intend to do LMIC cannot attend the test because they're heading to Florida.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2833631)   #10
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yeah, wouldnt worry about it. Last year we had two filler races, this year just one (Estoril). Paul Ricard is a great track - not just for testing - and as a European season opener it should again attract some extra entries that are preparing for upcoming races.

Thank god they're using the full Mistral. And as Audi isn't present this year, we might actually see some decent lead fights in P1.
Not sure how Estoril will turn out but Paul Ricard is bull**** . I am thoroughly disappointed with this years sellection of circuits anyway. I miss Portimao and would have loved to see a race at the new Aragon circuit
Old 19 Feb 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2833684)   #11
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Back on topic, I feel the test day should have been moved to a sooner date, since LMS teams which also intend to do LMIC cannot attend the test because they're heading to Florida.
Or move it closer to raceweekend or even skip it alltogether and add a couple of testdays in the week prior to the event itself. Don't know how the testweekend is currently valued by the teams?
Old 19 Feb 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2833744)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
I am thoroughly disappointed with this years sellection of circuits anyway. I miss Portimao and would have loved to see a race at the new Aragon circuit
Noo... Aragon is terrible, no character at all! As for Algarve event, I liked it - but it just didn't work out for LMS. Wrong timing, low attendance...
Old 19 Feb 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2833754)   #13
997 brakedust
Rookie

United States
997 brakedust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure how Estoril will turn out but Paul Ricard is bull**** . I am thoroughly disappointed with this years sellection of circuits anyway. I miss Portimao and would have loved to see a race at the new Aragon circuit
What are peoples thoughts on Imola as a circuit for LMS? Are there good viewing areas, will it be a circuit that will promotes good racing? Am planning on a vacation and attending the race.

Thanks.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2836342)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Allan Simonsen tweeted that it doesn't look like the Hankook 458 will be ready for the test.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2843798)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
With the first session underway in less than 10 minutes, it's time to bump this thread!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2843802)   #16
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any live timing for this?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2843810)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm struggling to find any paddock photos from yesterday which we can link to. DSC have a nice gallery loaded, but.........

Also struggling to find an accurate entry list to link to. I believe this is the most recent.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2843812)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Any live timing for this?
I very much doubt it. We usually get a pdf file at the end of each session with a list of times (that's been the form in previous years).

DSC and Endurance-Info both have people on the ground, so hopefully there'll be a steady stream of news filtering through over the next two days.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2843839)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I'm struggling to find any paddock photos from yesterday which we can link to. DSC have a nice gallery loaded, but.........
Endurance-Info.com have loaded their first pics from Ricard.

(thanks to Victor_RO for discovering them )
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2843846)   #20
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
jodyfirth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any live timing?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2843849)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfirth View Post
Is there any live timing?
Jody!

Happy New Year mate!

No live timing, but we should get a list of times at the end of each session.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2843853)   #22
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hi Bentley,
Same to you.
When are we going to get a SPEED Euro Series thread going, it is official LMS support series this year with some very good drivers!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2843857)   #23
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfirth View Post
When are we going to get a SPEED Euro Series thread going, it is official LMS support series this year with some very good drivers!
When we have definite confirmation on how we can follow it probably.

Any chance of more forays into the LMS like Silverstone last year?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2843859)   #24
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hi Victor

I did Portimao, Hungaroring and Silverstone last year, winning at Silverstone an Portimao. Water pump failed at Hungary when leading. Yes you may well see me all year so I'll keep you posted!

Have you been to the SPEED Euro Series website? Also Dailysportscar are following it all year as the official media reporting medium.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2843906)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
First times are coming in via Endurance-Info. Last year's LMP1 pole time was a 1:41.195, fastest LMP1 petrol car was a 1:42.345 and the top LMP2 car did a 1:44.989.

Fastest time right now for the first session is a 1:46.851 by Olivier Pla.