Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3312634)   #51
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"BS will be a key part of our strategy" stated at a recent drivers meeting in the Spa bus depot

Mods Note - Guys, whilst much of this has me in stitches, and I guess I set the ball rolling, can I please ask you to refrain from personal references when it takes us over the line. Remember, attack the post not the poster. Cheers, JT

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Oct 2013 at 08:37.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3312651)   #52
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found it!
1966 V8 with 5 speed box AND a 3 seater.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Do...8#ht_89wt_1399
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3312653)   #53
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
maybe pre 66 truck racing is the way forward?!!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3312662)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
You could be onto something there . . . . targetlap times are in a Bedford J type, 2hr 42 minutes a lap, with a pie stop at Pouhon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
maybe pre 66 truck racing is the way forward?!!

Last edited by John Turner; 4 Oct 2013 at 08:56.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3312665)   #55
simon drabble
Veteran

if modern truck racing is anything to go by driving styles will be similar to U2TC
Old 4 Oct 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3312667)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please see my note on Simon's post 245. All this is becoming so surreal and far removed from the Spa meeting thread that I wonder if I shouldn't be moving a lot of these posts to Delta's lighthearted thingy!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3312679)   #57
simon drabble
Veteran

John, Spa 6 Hour threads always go heavily off piste!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3312730)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
like some cars up eu rouge
Old 4 Oct 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3312736)   #59
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Please see my note on Simon's post 245. All this is becoming so surreal and far removed from the Spa meeting thread that I wonder if I shouldn't be moving a lot of these posts to Delta's lighthearted thingy!
Don't concern yourself John, it's just a few of the lads winding down, and relieving the tension, it will stop eventually!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3312756)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
like some cars up eu rouge
[Pedant]I think you'll find it's up Radillon[/Pedant]
Old 4 Oct 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3312803)   #61
nurburspa
Rookie

nurburspa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or perhaps Raidillon?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3312810)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pedant!
Old 4 Oct 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3312813)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurburspa View Post
Or perhaps Raidillon?
Welcome on your first post 'nurburspa', and well done for correcting Mr Mallett on his spelling!

Looking at your username, did you register just for that?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3312824)   #64
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The great man with the 2.42 mystery machine seems to have disappeared. Where is he? And what is the car?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3312840)   #65
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I think it's Sabine in the Transit Roger !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 4 Oct 2013 at 18:05.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Oct 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3312859)   #66
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmmmm, "Nurburspa"...makes me think...

"heaven must be a morning on the Nurburgring then an afternoon at Spa"

Hmmmm.......
Old 4 Oct 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3312895)   #67
nurburspa
Rookie

nurburspa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But conclusions can and usually are wrong,your mr dribble proven that. I live about inbetween the two circuit,so a happy cooincedence.However,your target is a very good and long term friend from our race team of the seventys. I needed to have a idea on what is said about my car not at time of the recorded 2:42.I can insure you of the correctness of my three drivers putting this time.
If my plan for 2014,is good,perhaps some shocked and silly looking people on here? We see.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3312906)   #68
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I've already got one project lined up for 2014 Spa 6hrs! We will be looking and hoping for 3:15 lap times- the clockwork mechanism could be useful in achieving that....

Is it Orange?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3312911)   #69
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Skimming the last few posts the strange thought occurred to me (no idea why) that reversing the direction of the circuit for the meeting could be interesting.

At leadt in part it would help to even the playing field. Sort of.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3312918)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hmmmmm, "Nurburspa"...makes me think...

"heaven must be a morning on the Nurburgring then an afternoon at Spa"

Hmmmm.......
Having more than one username / login is against forum rules so couldn't possibly be, Max- even though punctuation is remarkably similar......

Old 5 Oct 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3313050)   #71
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurburspa View Post
But conclusions can and usually are wrong,your mr dribble proven that. I live about inbetween the two circuit,so a happy cooincedence.However,your target is a very good and long term friend from our race team of the seventys. I needed to have a idea on what is said about my car not at time of the recorded 2:42.I can insure you of the correctness of my three drivers putting this time.
If my plan for 2014,is good,perhaps some shocked and silly looking people on here? We see.
Anonymous poster, anonymous car, anonymous drivers. Now, that's what's silly. My post at 227 will be no less valid if this miracle car and its drivers turn up at Spa next year and wins. I cannot, of course, associate myself with some of the amusing posts which followed it.

Sabine would be quick in anything I guess, at the Ring.

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Oct 2013 at 05:47.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 06:05 (Ref:3313055)   #72
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John you're right I will "wind" it in now and stop making silly jokes.

I hope Terry hasn't taken offence, it was only meant to be a bit of gentle humour based on someone (Mike?) saying it was all a "wind up". It was a quiet morning at work and you know what they say about idle hands...

Off to Clay kart track now, part of the effort to get the next Team Racewear driver ready for Spa 2015/16.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3313056)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
it was only meant to be a bit of gentle humour based on someone (Mike?) saying it was all a "wind up". It was a quiet morning at work and you know what they say about idle hands...
Oh, so it's all MY fault, then!

Your post wasn't the silly one Max. Those came after....

Old 5 Oct 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3313060)   #74
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Oh, so it's all MY fault, then!

Your post wasn't the silly one Max. Those came after....

I trust no one is suggesting that ANY of my posts were 'silly'.

Damage to my reputation can lead to litigation.

Remember Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Balls.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3313102)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes and how dare anyone say that I talk rubbish !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !