Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What Series Do You Watch?
ACO - Le Mans 24 Hours 60 93.75%
ACO - WEC (excluding Le Mans) 48 75.00%
ACO - ELMS 25 39.06%
ACO - Michelin Le Mans Cup 6 9.38%
ACO - Asian Le Mans Series 7 10.94%
IMSA - Daytona / Sebring / Road Atlanta (the 'big' events) 52 81.25%
IMSA - Weather Tech (excluding the big events) 41 64.06%
IMSA - Continental Tyre 16 25.00%
IMSA - Prototype Challenge 7 10.94%
Blancpain - Spa 24 Hours 39 60.94%
Blancpain - Endurance Cup 31 48.44%
Blancpain - Sprint Cup 24 37.50%
Blancpain - Blancpain GT Asia Series 8 12.50%
Creventic - 24H Series (IES) 13 20.31%
Creventic - 24H Touring Car Series (TCE) 2 3.13%
Creventic - 24H Proto Series 3 4.69%
Other - Nurburgring 24 Hours 40 62.50%
Other - VLN (excluding the Nurburgring 24) 14 21.88%
Other - ADAC GT Masters 11 17.19%
Other - GT Open 6 9.38%
Other - SuperGT 16 25.00%
Other - Super Taikyu Endurance Series 1 1.56%
Other - Australian GT 4 6.25%
Other - British GT 12 18.75%
Other - Pirelli World Challenge 19 29.69%
Other - African Endurance Series 4 6.25%
Other - TCR International 12 18.75%
Other - VdeV 4 6.25%
Other - Bathurst 12 Hour 13 20.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3725610)   #26
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
In the sportscar subforum, with all sportscar/GT series as poll options...
Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3725617)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hurrah! Something we can be needlessly and boringly pedantic about. It is a true sportscar thread now. Hopefully we can crush any interest.

For the love of all that is racing can we just go with it.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3725620)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
In the sportscar subforum, with all sportscar/GT series as poll options...
It's not that big of a deal, to me.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3725625)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's not that big of a deal, to me.
Nor anyone else. But pedantry costs nothing.......
Old 11 Apr 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3725637)   #30
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Besides what I voted on, I also watch: Formula E.

And now I'm going to run away.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3725659)   #31
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli World Challenge, LeMans, Bathurst. Occasionally others. It's kind of fun watching Super GT with Japanese commentary or the Nurburgring 24 in German. (even though I speak neither)

I still watch old ALMS race replays also. Those were the days.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3725666)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Besides what I voted on, I also watch: Formula E.

And now I'm going to run away.

For me....
IndyCar
Historic anything that comes to Road ATL for the Mitty
Getting pretty hooked on Nitro-NHRA
F1
Any circle tracks not top 3 nascar i can find

Trying to get back into WRC
Miss AMA road racing something fierce and just don't have time for MotoGP
Old 12 Apr 2017, 06:38 (Ref:3725698)   #33
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Pirelli World Challenge, LeMans, Bathurst. Occasionally others. It's kind of fun watching Super GT with Japanese commentary or the Nurburgring 24 in German. (even though I speak neither)

I like listening to the non-english commentary sometimes, just to see if I catch a word I know
Old 12 Apr 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3725702)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love listening to commentary I don't understand, because you recognise the team names

*gibberish gibberish gibberish* TOYOTA COROLLA *gibberish gibberish gibberish*
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3725727)   #35
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Multi-class racing is what got me into sportscars, so those series will always be high on my priority list. Coming from single seaters, the skill displayed by drivers navigating traffic (both slower and faster) was something I had not fully appreciated until I followed ALMS/ILMC/SGT intently.

As I am now realizing that the sprint format is no longer to my tastes, while I will still keep an eye on BSS/PWC/BGT/GTO and the like, my "afternoons off" will be reserved for those longer races.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3725766)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

As I am now realizing that the sprint format is no longer to my tastes, while I will still keep an eye on BSS/PWC/BGT/GTO and the like, my "afternoons off" will be reserved for those longer races.
I very much agree. I get bored (and often do actually fall asleep) in a 90 minute F1 race, yet I can sit in the grandstand at Le Mans for 5 hours at the start of the 24 Hours, soaking in the atmosphere and working out the strategy etc....
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:03 (Ref:3725798)   #37
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'll take a few days off and make sure nobody can disturb me when I watch
* Le Mans
* 24H of Spa

If possible I also try to watch as much as I can of the Daytona 24H, Nurburgring 24H, Sebring 12H and Petit Le Mans.
I try to arrange appointments to not conflict with these races. If not possible I may miss that race.

If I'm at home I try to watch as much of
* WEC
* ELMS
* IMSA
* Blancpain Endurance
* Blancpain Sprint
* GT Open
as possible

Apart from that I watch
* every F1 race, although I am no longer prepared to get up early and just record it instead.
* Indycar, when the timing of the race suits me (and if I can find a decent stream somewhere)

Contrary to WEC and Indycar, at least IMSA, Blancpain and GTOpen offer free coverage. That helps.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3726002)   #38
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I like listening to the non-english commentary sometimes, just to see if I catch a word I know

+1 on both the old ALMS races and the races in foreign languages. I remember watching a Super GT video in Japanese a few years ago in which the commentators were speaking excitedly about an Aston Martin, and even though "Aston Martin" were the only words I understood, the enthusiasm and love for the sport came through plainly.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3726083)   #39
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I've watched a lot less motorsport the past year (not out of choice but more weekend work watching rugby, trust me I think any motorsport series is better than Japanese league rugby!). So, now I only watch:

WEC
IMSA NAEC
F1
Indycar
WRC
MotoGP
TCR International (fun to have on in the background)

Still a fair bit but a lot less than I used to