Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3126735)   #951
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A bigger calendar would be great, with less time between the races as well.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3126825)   #952
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Super GT tire manufacturers joint test Day 1 @Autopolis
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=43023

Particitpation team
*GT500
#1 MOLA, #12 IMPUL, #24 Kondo
#19 Bandoh, #38 Cerumo, #39 SARD
#100 Kunimitsu
*GT300
#2 Mooncraft, #5 MACH, #43 ARTA
Old 29 Aug 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3127110)   #953
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Michelin teams looking better in the wet so far.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3131951)   #954
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Hideshi Matsuda's Facebook page,
Gallardo RG-3 of team JLOC (#86) was complete destruction by fire of the garage.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3132056)   #955
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web reports the interview to Masaaki Bandoh (GTA) about the regulation unification of SGT and DTM.

*GT500 vehicles will use the same monocoque as DTM vehicles from 2014.
*However, in order to protect Japanese motorsports industry, unification monocoque are manufactured in Japan and Germany.
*Most parts (ex. floor, rear wing) are unified. Outer-size of body are unified, too.
*Engine difference (of SGT and DTM) is adjusted by BoP.
*If unification monocoque is used, participation by MR (next-gen NSX) will be accepted to Honda. BoP is performed with other vehicles.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=43229
Old 6 Sep 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3132112)   #956
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Autosport web reports the interview to Masaaki Bandoh (GTA) about the regulation unification of SGT and DTM.

*However, in order to protect Japanese motorsports industry, unification monocoque are manufactured in Japan and Germany.
*Most parts (ex. floor, rear wing) are unified. Outer-size of body are unified, too.
*If unification monocoque is used, participation by MR (next-gen NSX) will be accepted to Honda. BoP is performed with other vehicles.
Good thing the Japanese won't have to buy those monocoques from Germany.

On the other hand, I don't think the unified SGT/DTM would compete in the USA anytime soon after 2014...
Old 6 Sep 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3132177)   #957
TF110
Veteran

United States
With the common monocoque, Bandoh hopes to draw out other manufacturers as well. Not just the Japanese and German 3. So this must be a call to American and other makes! If this is the case we may see more manufacturers be interested in GT500! I sure hope that is the case. I will miss the innovation of the GT500 machines. I hope it's not a standardized car.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3132196)   #958
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they've just killed that unique champ and you'll get a DTM clone. If google translates right, new cars will have the same dimensions (I think to BoP them in aero with DTM ones). And development ban is an awful thing. I don't think there will be anything special in GT500 from 2014. Just a Japanese DTM. It's a very bad news.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 04:44 (Ref:3132299)   #959
TF110
Veteran

United States
It doesn't say they will negate development, but it won't be every race like now. I thought the current cars have the same dimensions anyway? I'm sure they do. Maybe they differ in wheelbase but they will hopefully retain their shape.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:17 (Ref:3132307)   #960
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This link would seem to me to be a large and unecassary negative for the Japanese Series. Currently they have their native car makers nearly all involved, a fan base and exciting cars. Why did they need to change? SuperGT cars look nice, like proper racing cars. DTM cars are staggeringly ugly, out of proporion saloons that look too much like Jim Bamber cartoons to be taken seriously. DTM is too weighted in the favour of what the manufacturers want it would appear, they want a big spectacular race car, that looks like something your Gran could drive and it ends up looking stupid.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3132312)   #961
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
This link would seem to me to be a large and unecassary negative for the Japanese Series. Currently they have their native car makers nearly all involved, a fan base and exciting cars. Why did they need to change? SuperGT cars look nice, like proper racing cars. DTM cars are staggeringly ugly, out of proporion saloons that look too much like Jim Bamber cartoons to be taken seriously. DTM is too weighted in the favour of what the manufacturers want it would appear, they want a big spectacular race car, that looks like something your Gran could drive and it ends up looking stupid.
Although i agree that Super GT cars look gorgeous what in the world is ugly about this?

I know that everyone can have different taste but I don't think this one is debatable. What DTM cars are ugly? The previous gen may have been a slightly unfavorable but the new spec has come leaps and bounds. Wider cars, bigger tires.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3132316)   #962
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my only fear is that those good looking gt-rs will probably disappear I would miss those cars. At least there will be a new nsx
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3132318)   #963
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
my only fear is that those good looking gt-rs will probably disappear I would miss those cars. At least there will be a new nsx
If something is ugly, why don't they beautify those DTM cars for a bit. Simple as that!

Now if only they could allow some aerodynamics development in the future...
Old 7 Sep 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3132380)   #964
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is too early to judge if the new cars will be beautiful or ugly. We haven't seen one yet and I don't think the Japanese manufacturers will accept the new regs if that makes their cars ugly. They have more to lose than anyone else. Who is going to buy an ugly car?
Old 7 Sep 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3132394)   #965
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport magazine's Super GT report

*About the tire bursts of BS in the Suzuka round
All the tires that burst were tires of the same structure. These were the tires for high-temperature ranges. Then, these tire are not used in the Fuji round.
*One of the reasons of HSV-010 out of condition is the badness of the sensitiveness to the ballast.
*The reason in which Ralph Firman is out of condition this season.
Firman likes an extremely understeering set-up. Kobayashi and the team cannot work through this.
*NISMO maintains the vehicles of team MOLA (#1) except a race week.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3132409)   #966
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
SUBARU EJ20 Boxer turbo engine detail
http://www.subaru-msm.com/2012race/sgt/engine.html
Old 7 Sep 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3132411)   #967
TF110
Veteran

United States
That's a thing of beauty. I always loved these Subaru boxers.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3132419)   #968
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Although i agree that Super GT cars look gorgeous what in the world is ugly about this?

I know that everyone can have different taste but I don't think this one is debatable. What DTM cars are ugly? The previous gen may have been a slightly unfavorable but the new spec has come leaps and bounds. Wider cars, bigger tires.
That is exactly what I am on about, the wider wheel arches look utterly ridiculous, and the size of the wheels in general. You can't try and fit massive race car tyres/wheels, huge brakes and the required cooling onto the body work of a normal car. Too me it looks terrible. A normal BMW M3 looks nice, the wheels and arches etc are in proportion. To be fair the BMW is the best of a plug ugly bunch, the Mercedes and Audi's are hideous Frankenstein cars. I think the general principle can work, like the SuperGT's, and the 70's Group 5 cars, but they just don't.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3132450)   #969
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I'm gonna miss the individuality and innovation that is SGT GT500. Not a fan of this unified parts garbage. I've said it before and I'll say it again-if the Germans want to race in SGT then build a SGT car and if the Japanese want to race in DTM then they build a DTM car. The two series can stand on their own feet without each other-this merger is stupid and unecessary.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3132455)   #970
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Fuji round Friday photos
http://as-web.jp/photonews/keyword_r...?c_id=2&no=119

*Weider HSV (#18) introduces Fuji spec aero fender mirror.
Yes, this is Super GT!
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3132464)   #971
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fuji round Friday photos

Yes, this is Super GT!
This is why I love SGT! I love the unique aero bits from each of the manufacturers for their cars throughout the season. Wonderful!

Thanks Japanese Samurai
Old 7 Sep 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3132478)   #972
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Fuji round Friday photos

Yes, this is Super GT!
I guess we'll miss those aero updates...
Old 7 Sep 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3132563)   #973
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love Super GT but whats the point off all the innovation etc when the cars just get slapped with success ballast. And suddenly the HSV is ineffective. What the point of developing your car to run with 75kg more ballast. Then knowing that if you do good you'll only get pegged back with even more ballast. Sucess ballast is an even more blatant form of BOP. Now you have teams that could just resign for a race to get all the ballast removed. That's not racing.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3132573)   #974
RubberFreak
Rookie

RubberFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Articus, honestly nobody resigns for a race to get lighter for the coming race simply because it is racing. You never know how the next race will go. Engine troubles, weather etc. or tire problems like BS encountered in Suzuka. You take points when you can.

Getting heavier with points is just great because the championship is open until the end almost every year. Really exciting !

I am looking forward to this WE Fuji RD6.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3132662)   #975
TF110
Veteran

United States
Articus you don't make much sense. You resign for a race to get NO points but take ballast off? It's better to run in 5th position and get minimal ballast but score good points while your competitors score more but get more ballast. It's a system that works, the HSV's will lose their ballast when they score less. If it hampers them, that's doing it's job.