Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the British Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 7 14.58%
7 12 25.00%
6 13 27.08%
5 9 18.75%
4 4 8.33%
3 2 4.17%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jul 2016, 12:48 (Ref:3657976)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2016

How do you rate the British Grand Prix?
Old 10 Jul 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3657986)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6/10

Quite boring for a partially wet race, the only modicum of excitement was Rosberg chasing Verstappen.
Hamilton winning doesn't help either.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3657995)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
7, overall. Liked the battle between Verstappen and Rosberg. I didn't like the nanny state antics at the start.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3657997)   #4
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a seven. Good battle for second, some good saves on a damp track early on. Marked down for the ridiculous safety car start.....
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3657999)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Didn't understand start with SC, albeit some battle was quite epic.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3658008)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very strong 7. I almost gave it an 8. Okay, the SC period was a bit too long - but once we got racing the fun happened. Max on Rosberg around the outside on a damp track was superb - a really good battle between those two. Good to see Alonso getting fighty - even if he did go on to the grass and off the track at times. Still shows he wants to win. There were some decent battles down the field. The damp track helped out. All in all - perhaps no classic - but still a strong race.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3658010)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It started off as a bit of a damp squib, behind the SC, which stayed out a couple of laps longer than it needed to, after which I felt the race never really got going. The VSC didn't help either, catching alot of drivers/teams on the hop. The dual between Max and Nico was the highpoint.

Old 10 Jul 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3658015)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. That's high for me. I enjoyed it. Far too long and wimpish under the SC at the start and it would have been good to have had another shower to spice things up before the end, but it once again shows how some rain really makes a difference. It's gets an extra point just because watching Max is worth it.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3658020)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
7. I rarely get to watch a GP these days, and was happy to see this one. Love Silverstone. Conditions made it interesting, and Max is highly entertaining.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3658030)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Some great racing moments, a nice winner/track combo.

Counter acted by stewards deciding the podium off the track and DRS still ruining potential fights. And a SC start because someone saw a puddle.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3658033)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
A 5 will do.

It could have given it a 6, but 10% of the race was lost after the safety car, so 10% of the score is lost as well.

If they don't think racing drivers can race in the wet, then please push back the race and let them go the full distance.
... or tell them to race slower and live with it
... or let the manufacturers build cars that can race in the wet
... or let someone build race tires than ARE useful in wet conditions (... cough Michelin cough ...)
Old 10 Jul 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3658062)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i had not seen 4 races in the last month i would have liked this one more.

starting behind the SC made it bad right off the hop.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3658133)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only saw second half of race down the pub, but caught highlights on the news. I'll probably it a 6, I mean you might as well save costs by getting rid of the full wet as it seems it's redundent under full racing conditions. It's become a joke. At least there were some battles throughout on a track it is possible to pass
Old 10 Jul 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3658136)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have rated it higher, but the safety car start blew it for me. A waste of 5 laps. There is no build up, no crescendo, no nothing when starting behind the SC. There was more racing action going on in the pit lane than on the track after the start. Brutal.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3658139)   #15
John D Wood
Rookie

United Kingdom
John D Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Safety car not the way to start a GP, I was wondering if Bernd had been on a speed awareness course.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3658144)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Minus four million for SC start.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 10 Jul 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3658157)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It could have given it a 6, but 10% of the race was lost after the safety car, so 10% of the score is lost as well.

If they don't think racing drivers can race in the wet, then please push back the race and let them go the full distance.
... or tell them to race slower and live with it
... or let the manufacturers build cars that can race in the wet
... or let someone build race tires than ARE useful in wet conditions (... cough Michelin cough ...)
Old 10 Jul 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3658158)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly, Burnt Ecclescake thinks it more important to start something on time, even if it is just a stupid parade, than to give the customers a full race, allbeit delayed. I disagree.

10% of the race thrown away trolling around behind a "safety car". The paying spectators should get 10% of their money back from whoever thought that was a good idea.

This is a Rate the Race thread though, so I won't bang on any more. I gave it a 7 because it kept me well entertained once it actually began. Some good dices and some amusing mistakes.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 04:52 (Ref:3658224)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dire
Old 11 Jul 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3658236)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 from me. Starting from 5,+2 for a Hamilton win, -2 for the SC start, -1 for being trackside at 0630 , +4 for being in the best seat in the house
Old 11 Jul 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3658268)   #21
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
About a 6. What was the go with the pace car start? Couldn't see any real danger that needed pace car intervention. Is F1 becoming more and more of a nanny series? The WEC is looking more and more interesting.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3658271)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

The wet spot at 1st corner brought excitement and also the Rosberg/Verstappen battle was good.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 11:39 (Ref:3658277)   #23
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not as complimentary, as a good track, lots of fans and mixed conditions still dished up a boring as bat droppings spectacle. Verstappen's pass was good, but that shouldn't make a GP. This GP had lots of unrealised potential. The feeling with sky interviews post race was a lot of unhappy/bored drivers and I can see why.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3658308)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
watched highlights this morning and not the best of races so gave it a 6
Old 11 Jul 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3658377)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Given the huge plumes of spray, I think armchair experts talking about drivers seeing a puddle is a little unrealistic

Gave it a 7 as the battle to get to grips (literally) with a constantly evolving track made it interesting for me. SC start unfortunate, but Silverstone doesn't drain easily (tho my experience is only on the National circuit), so without it there could have been a long wait........

Taking 3 hours or so to decide on a clear breach of the rules, and then impose a penalty that (if it sets a precedent) means the rule can readily be ignored seems ludicrous.