Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3656787)   #76
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh yeah I'm not buying the brakes failed on the last lap ****. Rosberg just couldn't take Hamilton passing him so ran him off the track. Easy penalty.

But I don't blame him with the amount of times Hamilton has done the same to him, so fairs fair.

How about Lauda and Wolff after the race? You'd think someone had just murdered their pet dogs or something, especially Wolff he was seriously ****ed off. Seemed to be forgetting that they'd just dominated and won another race, one where RB and Ferrari should have been there to take advantage, but weren't. Pr1ck. Maybe they both really wanted Nico to win or something?

Hamilton did nothing wrong but gets booed out of the building
Old 3 Jul 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3656789)   #77
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
pointless penalty makes no difference to the result, perhaps that was what they decided was best
They've been learning from the ACO perhaps?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3656791)   #78
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Really need a bottle of HAT-OR-ADE for this thread! Rosberg was clearly WRONG! Everyone's comparing Hamilton's cutting off of Rosberg in other races but guess what? He was always ahead on the RACING LINE!

Yup-I know it hurts all of you Nico-lites out there, but had he stayed on the racing line and crept past Hamilton and pushed him wide thru the apex to track out, i'd be eating crow (yes, an American colloquial idiom)

Sorry, but Nico's trying to be Straight Outta Compton when he's Straight Outta Monaco!

Don't worry though, barring multiple engine failures on Nico's side of the garage, he'll be champion! Hammy's on his last power unit-and we're not even halfway through the season!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 23:46 (Ref:3656797)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
Senna did not try to ram Prost off the track in 1990.
Here's the '89 version: https://youtu.be/uDAGmI6SH3k

Here's the '90 version: all be it a tad long winded: https://youtu.be/Wopi_kqW8Mk
Old 4 Jul 2016, 03:33 (Ref:3656811)   #80
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
especially Wolff he was seriously ****ed off. Seemed to be forgetting that they'd just dominated and won another race, one where RB and Ferrari should have been there to take advantage, but weren't. Pr1ck. Maybe they both really wanted Nico to win or something?
His drivers just threw away a 1-2 finish, you can't expect him to be too happy, especially after so many incidents.

Haven't seen the race yet myself, so can't comment on blame or what might have been etc.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3656815)   #81
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
If I was Hamilton and just won and my team boss gets on my radio and says it's not the race we wanted, I would have told him it's the race I wanted. Something just seemed off about that "congratulations" message.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3656828)   #82
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
His drivers just threw away a 1-2 finish, you can't expect him to be too happy, especially after so many incidents.

Haven't seen the race yet myself, so can't comment on blame or what might have been etc.
What's the point of a 1-2? Bragging rights? Breaking records? The win is what counts, the championships are what count, and they'll still get them both with ease and finish 1-2 in points. He's just gotten too used to winning.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 07:34 (Ref:3656829)   #83
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No, he absolutely succeeded!

Quote:
As for today, Rosberg is probably more at fault, but it is an undeniable fact that Hamilton has done that to Rosberg many times, and Rosberg has had to go off the track in order to avoid a collision. And in my honest opinion, Hamilton could have avoided the collision today without going off the the track. Was he obliged to? No. But he could have, unlike in most instances where he was doing the pushing and shoving.
I too have the feeling that Rosberg is trying to learn how to be a hard racer and because of the past few years, psychologically he is at a disadvantage.

I would agree here and with Taxi645 as to the number of hypocrites in this thread.

Rosberg merely tried to push Hamilton wide without the right amount of self righteous determination, result, fail!
He should have just pushed him wide and got on the throttle, and what would be would be. Clumsy execution.

What happened to the "driver on the inside has the right of way" from the last time?
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:11 (Ref:3656831)   #84
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Rosberg did not even attempt to go around the corner. Look how far away from the apex he was. He has gone down in my opinion today. As for his interview after the race, he knew he was guilty, yet his denials were pathetic.

What he probably should have done was take a normalish apex, and then try to run Hamilton wide on the exit. But to be honest, I think Hamilton would have got the pass done anyway.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:32 (Ref:3656834)   #85
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wehrlein 10th for Manor
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:34 (Ref:3656835)   #86
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
Wow! Really need a bottle of HAT-OR-ADE for this thread! Rosberg was clearly WRONG! Everyone's comparing Hamilton's cutting off of Rosberg in other races but guess what? He was always ahead on the RACING LINE!

Yup-I know it hurts all of you Nico-lites out there, but had he stayed on the racing line and crept past Hamilton and pushed him wide thru the apex to track out, i'd be eating crow (yes, an American colloquial idiom)

Sorry, but Nico's trying to be Straight Outta Compton when he's Straight Outta Monaco!

Don't worry though, barring multiple engine failures on Nico's side of the garage, he'll be champion! Hammy's on his last power unit-and we're not even halfway through the season!
This to a degree I'm afraid. I'm yet to see Hamilton run Rosberg out on the entry to a corner, totally Rosbergs fault and looked very deliberate to me. It puts some of his actions in 2014 (especially Monaco) in a very different light to me now and I remember defending his actions at the time. Not any more Nico, I hope your Dad is ashamed of you, especially after his comments about Schumacer after qualifying at Monaco in 2006.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3656840)   #87
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
This to a degree I'm afraid. I'm yet to see Hamilton run Rosberg out on the entry to a corner, totally Rosbergs fault and looked very deliberate to me. It puts some of his actions in 2014 (especially Monaco) in a very different light to me now and I remember defending his actions at the time. Not any more Nico, I hope your Dad is ashamed of you, especially after his comments about Schumacer after qualifying at Monaco in 2006.
Seriously?
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:09 (Ref:3656841)   #88
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Seriously?
Serously.

Care to disagree properly rather than just post that?

I remember being very annoyed at the comments people were making about Rosberg after Monaco and Spa 2014. I honestly wonder about some of his actions now after yesterday.

Last edited by maximus; 4 Jul 2016 at 09:25.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3656842)   #89
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know you will correct me if am wrong but did Lewis ever actually ram Nuco? Our 3 retired GP drivers on Sky agreed that they had all rum another car wide though a corner which is what Lewis has done many times but this was more than that. I felt that Nico was seeing a red mist as he had done an excellent job to get into the lead after a grid penalty and poor opening lap and did not want to lose the lead. Toto's reaction as it happened was perhaps because it was an impulsive move by Nico that could have taken them both out. That would of course been an advantage to Nico but I doubt that was Nico's thought pattern

The 10 second penalty was deliberate to reprimand the driver but not change the result.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:20 (Ref:3656843)   #90
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Did you mean 1989? Without a shadow of doubt, Senna took Prost out in 1990. Eventually he even admitted to it himself.

In 1989 Senna was making a bold move up the inside and Prost turned in on him. We didn't get multiple camera angles then so it's not so easy to analyse. It was my impression that Prost saw Senna coming and just drove into him to stop him. Then immediately got out of the car because he thought he had done all he needed to do. Senna on the other hand was determined to get going again.

Looking at the youtube video again today, I'm a bit less sure. It looks like a classic "Get out of my way or we crash" from Senna and a less typical "OK. We crash" reply from Prost.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:26 (Ref:3656844)   #91
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

As for today, Rosberg is probably more at fault, but it is an undeniable fact that Hamilton has done that to Rosberg many times, and Rosberg has had to go off the track in order to avoid a collision. And in my honest opinion, Hamilton could have avoided the collision today without going off the the track. Was he obliged to? No. But he could have, unlike in most instances where he was doing the pushing and shoving.
I too have the feeling that Rosberg is trying to learn how to be a hard racer and because of the past few years, psychologically he is at a disadvantage.
This seems to be incorrect.

LH was ahead on the corner, and gave NR a LOT of Space. A very fair move indeed. He only started his turn when he was running out of track himself. LH could have avoided the collision, by driving off the track in a straight line, but why the hell should he. It's a race, as as racing drivers they are supposed to actually try and go round the track, inside the white lines. As drivers, they have to assume the people they are driving against will actually be following the same rule book.

And NR hit him, by the simple expedient of not bothering to actually try and go round the corner.

This incident is NOTHING like the ones where, on the EXIT from a corner the inside car goes wide. This incident is EXACTLY like someone who is ****ed they are being overtaking, trying to take out the other car.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3656845)   #92
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Did you mean 1989? Without a shadow of doubt, Senna took Prost out in 1990. Eventually he even admitted to it himself.

In 1989 Senna was making a bold move up the inside and Prost turned in on him. We didn't get multiple camera angles then so it's not so easy to analyse. It was my impression that Prost saw Senna coming and just drove into him to stop him. Then immediately got out of the car because he thought he had done all he needed to do. Senna on the other hand was determined to get going again.

Looking at the youtube video again today, I'm a bit less sure. It looks like a classic "Get out of my way or we crash" from Senna and a less typical "OK. We crash" reply from Prost.
At the drivers meeting that morning the drivers were told that the pit entry line which Senna went onto to attempt the pass was to be treated as a concrete wall.Senna hit that wall.He was the best qualifying driver in F1 history but his ego could never cope with being beaten in an equal or inferior car.He took out competitors as though it was his right.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3656852)   #93
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
I'm yet to see Hamilton run Rosberg out on the entry to a corner, totally Rosbergs fault and looked very deliberate to me. It puts some of his actions in 2014 (especially Monaco) in a very different light to me now and I remember defending his actions at the time.
Remerber COTA last year? I have no idea what Monaco 2014 has to do with this.

Quote:
Not any more Nico, I hope your Dad is ashamed of you, especially after his comments about Schumacer after qualifying at Monaco in 2006.
You're taking this way too seriously.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3656855)   #94
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
While we can argue about who is at fault and who isn't, that wont change a thing.
I voiced my opinion and in a way I regret it. Not that I have changed my mind, I still stand by it, but I just shouldn't have done it.

I do have a feeling that - despite complaining this isn't the finish they wanted, and all the sad looks etc... - Mercedes only have themselves to blame.

Is there a reason why they changed their usual pit stop approach (leader first, second car the next lap) around?
Rosbergs tires were older than Hamiltons IIRC, so unless Hamilton had a slow puncture or another urgent reason it seems odd they pitted Hamilton first.
Anyone knows why?

Also strange they opted for different compounds for their drivers, which they normally don't.
Lewis too found that odd, although I had the feeling he had the better of the 2 options.

I think these 2 things greatly contributed to the sad end of the race.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3656857)   #95
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:
Remerber COTA last year? I have no idea what Monaco 2014 has to do with this.
Er, his "mistake" at Mirabeau? I'm still not sure he intended to do it, but after yesterday he is throwing a few of his actions in to question. What I'm trying to say is that I think there was some intent to Nico's defense in to that corner yesterday.

COTA? Yes it looked similar in a way, but it was wet and Lewis still turned in, Nico didn't do that yesterday.

Quote:
You're taking this way too seriously.
So are you? Nico's lost it, he's proved once again he can't handle the pressure. I used to like Rosberg because I don't like Lewis that much either and used to root for him. That ended after his whining after China (I think?) last year, that Lewis was backing him in to Vettel and it was ruining his race. Well catch him and try to overtake then!

Last edited by maximus; 4 Jul 2016 at 10:56.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3656861)   #96
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What are peoples opinions on the overtaking under yellow? Accident was Rosbergs fault, but Lewis did pass under double waved yellows.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3656863)   #97
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
What are peoples opinions on the overtaking under yellow? Accident was Rosbergs fault, but Lewis did pass under double waved yellows.
I thought the C4 analysis said it was just before? Although I was wondering myself. To be fair to Lewis (and I'm being VERY fair!) there didn't seem to be much he could have done?
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3656866)   #98
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
From what I saw on the Sky slo-mo analysis the "single" yellow came out on the right just as Rosberg's damaged and slowing car passed it and as Hamilton was already committed, after which he slowed for the yellow light and the waved yellows at the corner (where Perez was a long way off).

No foul, no action.

Overall I reckon Rosberg got off lightly for what was a very clumsy, impulsive attempt to barge Hamilton off the track, as opposed to running him wide. His post race claim that he left Hamilton "plenty of space" is ludicrous when you consider that even after hitting Hamilton he could only just stay within the outer track limit himself - having belatedly remembered what the steering wheel was for.........
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3656870)   #99
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Er, his "mistake" at Mirabeau? I'm still not sure he intended to do it, but after yesterday he is throwing a few of his actions in to question. What I'm trying to say is that I think there was some intent to Nico's defense in to that corner yesterday.

COTA? Yes it looked similar in a way, but it was wet and Lewis still turned in, Nico didn't do that yesterday.

So are you? Nico's lost it, he's proved once again he can't handle the pressure. I used to like Rosberg because I don't like Lewis that much either and used to root for him. That ended after his whining after China (I think?) last year, that Lewis was backing him in to Vettel and it was ruining his race. Well catch him and try to overtake then!
Ok. Peace!
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3656874)   #100
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Also strange they opted for different compounds for their drivers, which they normally don't.
Lewis too found that odd, although I had the feeling he had the better of the 2 options.
According to the commentators Rosberg did not have any of the "Soft" (the hardest compound available) tyres left. This turned out to be the better tyre, as the last few laps seemed to be the only time all race that Hamilton had a speed advantage over Rosberg. This maybe why they left Rosberg out until after Hamilton stopped, in an effort to minimise the time on the super softs, which were always likely to degrade.

We should all be here talking about how this was one of Rosbergs best ever wins, coming from back in 7th on the grid etc. I do not think Hamilton would have got past without Nicos mistake at turn 1. Instead, not for the first time, Rosberg cracked under pressure.