Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 20 Dec 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3697313)   #126
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think anyone who just kept on winning like that would get bored, Loeb certainly did.

But he hasn't dominated anywhere else as much as he did in WRC.

Bit that takes nothing away from his driving.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3697389)   #127
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To one of the earlier posts, Colin Clark is pumped up, sipping his cuppa in the kitchen for past few days, claiming Evans will be signing with DMACK. There is also strong rumour that Adapta will get one of the Polos.
just glad Mikkelsen has found factory team, R5 car, but he's probably main candidate for title now. Better option, IMO than older WRC in Trophy.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3697392)   #128
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
Well he's done something different and switched disciplines - not many actually do that in modern day motorsport.

True, but to me going to another was the only other thing he needed to do in rallying. But I agree, at least he ain't frightened of trying something out of his comfort zone, he even came to racing in F1 once!
Old 20 Dec 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3697426)   #129
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
To one of the earlier posts, Colin Clark is pumped up, sipping his cuppa in the kitchen for past few days, claiming Evans will be signing with DMACK. There is also strong rumour that Adapta will get one of the Polos.
just glad Mikkelsen has found factory team, R5 car, but he's probably main candidate for title now. Better option, IMO than older WRC in Trophy.
Mikkelsen told Norwegian VG today that he hoped Monte will be a one-off event outside of the top class and that he wanted to be in the new Polo from Sweden and onwards in a privateer team. He knew though that the new Polo has to be homologated and that there needs to be backing if this is to become reality.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3697726)   #130
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...wrc-challenger

The best looking of the new cars?
Old 22 Dec 2016, 10:57 (Ref:3697844)   #131
Janneman
Rookie

Netherlands
Janneman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
For sure from the front and the side. The back looks just as ugly as the other ones.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 11:20 (Ref:3697854)   #132
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I thought the C3 WRC looked awful when it was first revealed, but it has slowly grown on me as I've seen more pictures and video of it. I think it looks good in its livery, but I still prefer the i20 and Fiesta.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3697855)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think the new Citroen looks like a proper rally car TBH
Old 25 Dec 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3698401)   #134
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
M-Sport just posted a video of what livery Ogier will have at least. I think the car looks quite good in that livery.

https://www.facebook.com/MSportLtd/v...c_ref=NEWSFEED
Old 25 Dec 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3698413)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

I have to say it looks great
Old 27 Dec 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3698677)   #136
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They both look really sharp. I also like that they both have a distinctive livery but it's obvious they're on the same team.

Has Toyota released their official liveries yet?
Old 27 Dec 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3698718)   #137
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!

Old 27 Dec 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3698728)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
M-Sport just posted a video of what livery Ogier will have at least. I think the car looks quite good in that livery.

https://www.facebook.com/MSportLtd/v...c_ref=NEWSFEED
No obvious backing from Ford... where does the M-Sport budget actually come from?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Dec 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3698732)   #139
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No obvious backing from Ford... where does the M-Sport budget actually come from?
They do have some sponsors but I think they make most money from building and selling rally cars. R2, R5, cars for national and regional rallying, some rallycross cars, old WRC cars etc. They have also been involved in developing cars for limited production, for example the M-Sport vans from Ford.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 11:39 (Ref:3698796)   #140
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
They do have some sponsors but I think they make most money from building and selling rally cars. R2, R5, cars for national and regional rallying, some rallycross cars, old WRC cars etc. They have also been involved in developing cars for limited production, for example the M-Sport vans from Ford.
They're very much self funded - the sales of the various specs of Fiesta funds the WRC team - and the WRC team operates as an advert for the various specs of Fiesta. If you look at how many Fiestas are out there competing at all levels there is a surprisingly large number of them.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3698815)   #141
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Thanks. Doesn't quite have the impact of the Fords, but impressive to see Microsoft backing.

Is there any indication of pace from anyone in terms of the early testing, or will rally Monte Carlo be the first indication of who's got it, and who got it wrong?
Old 28 Dec 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3698819)   #142
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Is there any indication of pace from anyone in terms of the early testing, or will rally Monte Carlo be the first indication of who's got it, and who got it wrong?
Ogier tested both the Fiesta and the Yaris and he thought the Yaris lacked engine power. He was impressed by the Fiesta though. That is the only comparison I have read about.

Latvala believed the Toyota could be fighting for wins from Argentina and onwards.
Old 28 Dec 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3698826)   #143
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There's Ford Ecobost logos in the front windshield and rear door.

The Castrol logos are miniscule.
Old 16 Jan 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3702989)   #144
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Monte Carlo Rally is this weekend.
Old 16 Jan 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3702998)   #145
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Looking forward to it. Brand new cars with some changes driver wise and a new manufacture.

A shame Toyota and Citroen only has two cars ready at the moment.
Old 16 Jan 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3703018)   #146
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These new faster, improved cars are going to save the WRC; it will be the 'must watch' motorsport series this year....

Okay, maybe not; but that's the feeling I get from reading/ listening to the WRC insiders/ diehard fans.

I hope I'm wrong - but I think it will take more than new cars to put the WRC on an upward trajectory; and increase the fanbase.

WRC 2017; Dawn of a new era, or another false dawn???
Old 16 Jan 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3703028)   #147
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
WRC 2017; Dawn of a new era, or another false dawn???
Hard to say for sure until the first car hits the stage but, in theory at least, I think this WRC season has more promise than any in at least a decade.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3703080)   #148
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There will be live coverage on Red Bull TV:
https://www.redbull.tv/event/AP-1K1A...ship-2017/2017
Old 17 Jan 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3703086)   #149
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to this - it'll be interesting to see the pecking order with the new cars and drivers swapping teams. Hopefully it's close and we don't see one team with a huge advantage over everyone else (I was worried that VW would run away with it but obviously that's not going to happen now).
Old 17 Jan 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3703089)   #150
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still think as in most motorsport, you might find one team or car has an advantage.

I would imagine it will be Ogier and Ford as they have the best driver and a package that has been close and getting closer in recent months, just lacking that star driver