Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2002, 19:36 (Ref:214192)   #1
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

With all the hooh hah about 2008 - what are your views and feelings about what is going to happen to F1
Old 11 Feb 2002, 19:41 (Ref:214193)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i think (hope) it will stay the same!! even bernies not stubborn enough to ruin every thing he's worked for over the last god knows how many years!! i reckon kirch will sell out, or risk the investment he's made by the manufacturers walking away!
Old 11 Feb 2002, 20:01 (Ref:214202)   #3
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if the manufactuers walk away ..then his investment is worth bugger all anyway...
Old 11 Feb 2002, 20:01 (Ref:214203)   #4
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so i agree with you mr v
Old 11 Feb 2002, 20:03 (Ref:214205)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95
if the manufactuers walk away ..then his investment is worth bugger all anyway...
exactly...i can't (hope) see kirch winning either way, he walks, and doesn't gain anything, he stays and the manufacturers walk and again he doesn't gain anything! just hope kirch goes first!
Old 11 Feb 2002, 20:18 (Ref:214215)   #6
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
either way it could be DOOM for all
Old 11 Feb 2002, 20:29 (Ref:214223)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they don't sort it out i'm gonna set up my own F1 series, There will be turbos, slicks and NO gizmos. It'll be wicked!!!!

Has anyone got the money to finance it though, cause i'll be buggered if i have.
Old 11 Feb 2002, 21:53 (Ref:214264)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
If they don't sort it out i'm gonna set up my own F1 series, There will be turbos, slicks and NO gizmos. It'll be wicked!!!!

Has anyone got the money to finance it though, cause i'll be buggered if i have.
max mosley need not apply for the job as dictator then!
Old 11 Feb 2002, 22:54 (Ref:214291)   #9
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kirch is bankrupt and has offered it's share to daimler, so things may not be doomed.

If there is a split the manufacturers will win, after all how can f1 exist without them???
Old 11 Feb 2002, 22:57 (Ref:214296)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Reido Rules
Kirch is bankrupt and has offered it's share to daimler, so things may not be doomed.

If there is a split the manufacturers will win, after all how can f1 exist without them???
but doesn't daimler-chrysler own mercedes?? no problems after 2007 then, F1 (as we know and love it) is safe!!!! (hopefully!)
Old 11 Feb 2002, 23:43 (Ref:214324)   #11
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 will go on-WITH THE MANUFACTURERS IN CHARGE.There is no other option,they are the controlers in f1 allready-they're just waiting for the current contract to run out.At the end of that they'll try to keep things as normal as possible(it's in thier best interest).The only change they really want to make is to give a MUCH higher proportion of TV revenue to the teams -Where it should have been all along.
Bernie & kirsh will still own aprox 50% each of the rights to F1,but they won't have much power.
The big question is can f1 survive if some manufacturers get sick of losing & pull out.Well,that is allways a 'problem' with F1 regardless.
Old 11 Feb 2002, 23:51 (Ref:214327)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't that what happenned in 50's and 60's?

Then teams like Cooper, Lotus, Brabham, BRM were formed and F1 continued to grow?
Old 12 Feb 2002, 11:19 (Ref:214466)   #13
RWC
Veteran

I see there are reports on the websites now that the manufacturers want 100% of the tv income.
How do i feel about all this?honestly i'm so desperate to see the end of the bernie & max show i'd welcome ANYTHING else!!!!!!!!!!
Ok,the new administration won't get things all right but it just can't do as bad as the truely depressing 'racing'we are insulted with now.
Old 12 Feb 2002, 13:26 (Ref:214523)   #14
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 Crystal Ball

2008 is too far away to really forecast. There are just too many variables, but, since it's come up here we go:

(1) Kirch, as we know it today, will cease to exist before 2008. The F1 TV rights will have been transferred to someone else by then.

(2) Bernie will have stepped down or have been forced out by the manufacturers.

(3) All the teams will have elected a "Commissioner", responsible to them, who will take Bernie's place, but not assume all of his powers, to administer the commercial aspect of the sport and to deal with the FIA.

(4) The TV deal will have been renegotiated, and the teams will share the revenue equally, after a cut off the top to support the Commissioner's Office's salaries and expenses. Other revenues will fund a prize money fund, which will be shared among the teams based on their performance.

(5) A thirteenth team will have been added, and the series will grow to 20 races.

(6) Michael Shumacher will have retired.

(7) McLaren will win the WCC and the WDC will be a driver not racing in F1 today.

That's a pretty rosey future, but I basically believe that F1 will survive and prosper, unless the Jihad overtakes us all, or we have a complete economic collapse. Unfortunately, both of these are also possibilities.

Old 12 Feb 2002, 13:35 (Ref:214530)   #15
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Re: 2008 Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxmil

(2) Bernie will have stepped down or have been forced out by the manufacturers.

He won't be forced out. Have you heard the story of how Ken Tyrell brought a GP meeting to silence when he asked Bernie: "What are we going to do when you die?"

The fact is from what I understand the manufacturers want Bernie in charge. This whole fiasco began when Bernie started selling off SLEC which controls F1, they feared his power would be diluted. Bernie has made F1 what it is today, he's made Frank, Eddie and Ron very very rich, why would they want him out?
Old 12 Feb 2002, 13:49 (Ref:214543)   #16
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's ALL rubbish. Complete and utter garbage and people should read between the lines.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 05:47 (Ref:216294)   #17
RWC
Veteran

Man i hope the teams don't let bernie back,even at a reduced profit percentage.That would make the whole thing (from about 98? onwards)look like a giant conspiricy to defraud the share market
Old 17 Feb 2002, 18:29 (Ref:217879)   #18
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I myself hope that Kirch do not take over Formula 1. Its good enough and theyd make it worse.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 19:32 (Ref:217937)   #19
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 teams 2008:

FIAT

Mercedes

Ford

Renault

GM

Proton

Honda

Toyota

BMW

Audi

Peugeot

At least, I think F1 will be taken over by the manufacturers and it can make the sport better.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 19:51 (Ref:217972)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
what are you saying? that all the engine manufacturers will produce their own chassis??? what about the likes of williams, mclaren, jordan etc??? what will they be doing while this goes on?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:03 (Ref:217993)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they will be selling their teams, a lot of them are having financial problems already(Williams,Arrows,Jordan) and when tabaco advertising gets banned from the sport in 2006 it can only get worse.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:14 (Ref:218014)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren will never die!

Neither will Williams.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:18 (Ref:218018)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
they will be selling their teams, a lot of them are having financial problems already(Williams,Arrows,Jordan) and when tabaco advertising gets banned from the sport in 2006 it can only get worse.
williams as an example, do not rely on tobacco money now, so i don't think the loss of tobacco advertising will affect them at all, jordan, imo are going in the right direction also, i realise that B&H taking a "back seat" is not eddie jordans decision, but he might aswell come away from it sooner rather than later, providing he's got a good replacement of course!

as i see it, the team that could get hit biggest is FERRARI as silly as that proberbly sounds, but phillip morris, must be the biggest tobacco company in F1!!

BTW steve, where do you get your information that williams, arrows and jordan are all in financial difficulty!!??
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:36 (Ref:218034)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really cant believe that Williams are in financial trouble.....Jordan probally are havin to tighten their belts a bit , and i dont think arrows have ever had much money....but Williams ??? NAA !!..they have got a top notch sponsor in Compaq , and also full backing works engines from BMW.....they might be feeling the pinch like all teams will soon , but in financial trouble i cant beleieve.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 21:22 (Ref:218089)   #25
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Ferrari got a £100million deal with Vodaphone, marlboro got the money instead of space but they are lining up Vodaphone as a title sponsor for when 2006 kicks in.

Also Philip Morris say that they are considering staying with Ferrari in some capacity where possible, probably in Asian markets. I don't know if this will be permitted though.

So Ferrari seem financially sound.