Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 30 Jul 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1976466)   #1
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photo Cropping help

My father and I purchased a Nikon D70s last fall. We recently took it to Mid-Ohio for the ALMS race, we are now trying for the first time to edit our photos. We would simply like to crop out the extra background and then print out a standard sized photo. The cropping is no problem, but when we go to print the image it prints the cropped size. I have tried to resize the images using photoshop, but with no luck. Can any one help us with a way to resize our cropped images to the correct size or is there a preset method of image sizing? Thank you for your help.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 16:05 (Ref:1976489)   #2
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don`t know if it will help,but i crop my pics in the usual way then to print them to a specific size i use microsoft publisher.
I use this to do anything from passport pics to T-Shirt transfers.
go to blank publications,then insert the pic and set to what ever size you require.
you can also crop the picture on this publicaton.

hope this can assist you.

Gary
Old 30 Jul 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1976509)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would crop it to the size of the photo you want. For example, if it was 12x8 that you wanted, I'd put those values into Photoshop when you select the crop tool, as shown in the attached pic if you don't know how.

Then you can crop it to a standard photo size, which will be large enough for printing etc.
Attached Thumbnails
crop.jpg   crop2.jpg  

Last edited by MikeHoyer; 30 Jul 2007 at 16:56.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1976537)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What software package are you using? If you are using PShop, then as Mike Hoyer said, select the size oin the crop box settings for the image you want. Crop it out to a new file and resize to fit the paper you want. One of the nice things in PShop is when you copyclip an image and then hit new file, it automatically sizes the new image to fit whatever you have clipped out.
Never forget #99
Old 31 Jul 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1977143)   #5
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, select crop tool and then alongside the icon on the top toolbar a pair of value boxes are there, just enter your size. Or just use crop to a non specific size.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1977180)   #6
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your help guys, when I get some free time here at work I'll give it a shot. And yea I have pshop 7.0