Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Where are you staying for this years race
international campsite at houx 7 17.95%
houx 8 20.51%
houx annex 1 2.56%
tertre rouge 6 15.38%
maison blanche 1 2.56%
garage vert 1 2.56%
beausejour 1 2.56%
blue nord/sud 1 2.56%
marshalls campsites 2 5.13%
porsche curves/village on the curves 0 0%
darion/pincinardiere 0 0%
expo 0 0%
arnarge/mulsanne 0 0%
permier vert/aco 0 0%
chateau du houx club 0 0%
other campsites 1 2.56%
camping off circuit 2 5.13%
I'm a namby pamby staying in a hotel 3 7.69%
I'm a local 2 5.13%
PZ54 0 0%
epinettes 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3735642)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Well I've sent two more tents of two people to you on TR, but they're not TT frequenters.
I know Steve bought 1 from me and 1 from Vince, i hope there is room for them, if they get there thursday the only spots left will be either noisy or in those area's prone to flooding
Old 24 May 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3735683)   #52
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I know Steve bought 1 from me and 1 from Vince, i hope there is room for them, if they get there thursday the only spots left will be either noisy or in those area's prone to flooding
The Steve you know will be down Weds as he's out with us Thurs. Not sure what the other Steve's plans are as yet.
Old 24 May 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3735686)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
now it makes sense, there are two Steve's
Old 24 May 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3735710)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But not this year......
Old 24 May 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3735715)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i do hope you are right andrew, but also point out low lying area's that tend to flood are not good for camping on, ground can be wet under the surface and the ground tends to be a little soft so pegs never stay put especially if it gets windy
Old 30 May 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3737388)   #56
F2DJB
Rookie

F2DJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be our first trip to Le Mans, camping in Houx, is that a good place to be???
Any tips for us movies, that are travelling light, due to ridiculously small boot. Arrive on Tuesday afternoon and plan to set up tent then find a supermarche to stock up on the esensials, and get some food as well.
Looking forward to it.
Old 30 May 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3737439)   #57
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2DJB View Post
This will be our first trip to Le Mans, camping in Houx, is that a good place to be???
Any tips for us movies, that are travelling light, due to ridiculously small boot. Arrive on Tuesday afternoon and plan to set up tent then find a supermarche to stock up on the esensials, and get some food as well.
Looking forward to it.
Houx is an excellent place to be! You are very central to lots of key spots. You're within a ten minute walk to the vendor village, paddock, Dunlop bridge, Ford Chicane. Plus you are a ten minute walk to the tram stop that will take you directly into town. I've never tried to find supermarkets that are close to tram stops, but there must be some. You can get straight downtown super easily for the drivers parade and if you want to have a good lunch or dinner in town. I do know that there is a large Super U grocery store in Arnage, there is also another grocery store near Mulsanne Corner. If I remember correctly turn left there and it's right on the left.

Welcome to the forum! Make sure to attend our meeting on race day. It's a highlight of the week. Lots of good booze, food, and new friends.
Old 30 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3737441)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looking forward to it.
Welcome to Tenths - enjoy your stay......

I've never stayed in Houx, but others will confirm (I believe) that you've picked a good spot.

Pose any questions you want here, you will get answers. There is a huge amount of LM experience in here.....

Edit - you see, someone beat me to it already!
Old 30 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3737444)   #59
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Welcome to Tenths - enjoy your stay......

Edit - you see, someone beat me to it already!
I defer to you though, many more years under your belt!
Old 30 May 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3737445)   #60
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
... I've never tried to find supermarkets that are close to tram stops, but there must be some.....
Indeed. There is a Carrefour supermarket (plus other shops) directly on the tram route from the circuit into town. It is called 'Centre Sud'.
Old 30 May 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3737450)   #61
F2DJB
Rookie

F2DJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys, sounds prefect. We're looking forward to being part of it. Where is the meeting on race day, sounds like a good place to be.
Old 30 May 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3737452)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I defer to you though, many more years under your belt!
Not as a camper though!
Old 30 May 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3737454)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Thanks guys, sounds prefect. We're looking forward to being part of it. Where is the meeting on race day, sounds like a good place to be.
Read this thread - and all will be revealed....

Meeting Thread
Old 30 May 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3737489)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Looking forward to it.
Yes get the tram and about the third stop is carrefore, stock up and head back, bedst to get a book of ten trips which will last you all week.

Houx is a good site and plenty of ten-tenthers will be on that site so look out for a bunch of strange mixed nationals that will be the bulk of tenths people on Houx, site is almost as good as tertre rouge where we will be from teusday, hope to meet you at the saturday meet, all are welcome