Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2952676)   #776
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Yeah, and yet Audi keep hinting they want to be in the ALMS. Just accept that the funding for a prototype program may not happen, at least you get a diversified and interesting GTC class - perhaps with Ferrari 458s too.

In fact, with Grand-Am GARRAfying the 458, R8 and likely the Z4, and with GTC already being relatively close to GAGT in terms of lap times, why not take what Grand-Am is doing as a favor and have (effectively) one unified American GT class where competitors can use the same equipment across a season doing Daytona, Sebring, Watkins, Road America (4 Hours), Laguna Seca (6 Hours), and Petit? Seems good for entrants and championships (and manufacturers) alike. No wait, that seems to sensible.

Chris
Careful with that kind of logical thinking, it has no place in american sportscar racing!

I would laugh though if the ALMS again poached GT cars from GA, like they did with the Porsche Cup cars initially. It is actually quite a good idea as you said. I wonder what teams would choose to run the ALMS if their GA spec Audi's and Ferrari's were legalized in GTC. It really only attracted TRG full time and Magnus part time with the Porsches didn't it?
Old 8 Sep 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2952743)   #777
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Not a GT3, but still a good addition to the field if it comes to fruition:

Rick Ware Racing to field three Mustangs
Old 8 Sep 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2952794)   #778
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not a GT3, but still a good addition to the field if it comes to fruition:

Rick Ware Racing to field three Mustangs
What was this quote at the bottom in regards to:

Quote:
In addition, RWR will also compete with this years 11th place finishing Tafel Porsche GT3 at the 24 Hours as well
Old 8 Sep 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2952821)   #779
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Don't read too much into it. They bought one of the old Tafel cars and ran it in this years 24... since the 3rd Mustang won't be ready till round three, they'll field that one again in the 24.

The wording is a bit weird, though...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2952825)   #780
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the RWR effort the semi-factory backed effort that Jack Roush was supposed to be involved in?

Chris
Old 8 Sep 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2952911)   #781
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Is the RWR effort the semi-factory backed effort that Jack Roush was supposed to be involved in?

Chris
That's what I am wondering too... the fact that they want to run three cars certainly points in that direction. But I think, we'll have to wait for further announcements to be sure.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2952965)   #782
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a Ford fan, I'm hoping that it isn't, so we see not only these three Mustangs, but - say - two more from Roush Performance.

Chris
Old 9 Sep 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2952985)   #783
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez,Stang's vs Camaro's and factory money and drivers.at least on the chevy side so far. Could this be a a new Trans-Am of the mid late sixties. "Captain America" Mark Donohue vs Parnelli Jones . I would drool reading about those races when I was a kid wishing I could talk my Dad into taking me to one!
Old 9 Sep 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2952991)   #784
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Sure is reminiscent of that! Of course, I think of the Continental Tire series that way, this is more like IMSA of the 80s - still great stuff.

Chris
Old 9 Sep 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2953220)   #785
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Like Ferrari they've had to do a fair bit of reworking of the car to fit G-A regulations, so presumably they have sufficient potential customers to make that worthwhile
Something interesting in the last sentence of that report as well, though it might be more relevant in another thread....?
I can almost guarantee that APR would have one or two in line to purchase if it is approved, especially since they've been running the the CTSCC (koni) series since around 2006.
Old 10 Sep 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2953621)   #786
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
I'd certainly like to see the APR colors on an R8.

Chris