Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jan 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3353001)   #26
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
There will be a CTSCC Spotters Guide as part of the IMSA Fan Guide which will be produced for each race, available online and at the circuit
Old 12 Jan 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3353025)   #27
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Billy is driving a Multimatic/Miller Racing Ford Mustang in the Conti series.

-mike
Thanks Mike! And Good Luck !
Old 12 Jan 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3353039)   #28
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Dear Andy, I suggest you to do the spotter guide with 3/4 view, such as this:

Old 12 Jan 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3353040)   #29
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Actually, the angle should be a little closer to the side, like this:

Old 12 Jan 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3353054)   #30
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we considering the ease of identifying the cars or the aesthetics of the drawings? If the former, wouldn't a top and side view be optimal?

I am sure Mr. Blackmore has plenty of time.

Thanks, Mr. Blackmore.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3353139)   #31
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is multimatic not going to run the Astons anymore, or are they just going to support the miller mustang while running the Astons?

I think the sporter guides are perfect the way they are, simple and easy to understand.thanks for your hard work Andy, great news to know you will continue with Imsa! Looking forward to getting me some guides at longbeach and laguna.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3353157)   #32
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Official entry list for the Daytona Conti race is released!

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...y%20List_1.pdf

64 Entries

GS = 29
ST = 35
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3353169)   #33
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting that.

I can see multimatic is back with ford, good to see.with roush gone multimatic will keep the mustangs in it.sucks I don't see any focus' or fr-s in st.would be nice i Stevenson could run two camaros.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3353173)   #34
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Thanks for posting that.

I can see multimatic is back with ford, good to see.with roush gone multimatic will keep the mustangs in it.sucks I don't see any focus' or fr-s in st.would be nice i Stevenson could run two camaros.
The Focus ST-R program was abandoned, unfortunately.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3353252)   #35
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
The Focus ST-R program was abandoned, unfortunately.
They made such a big deal about the turn-key Focus when it debuted. Did it run last year too or was that just a one-year thing?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3353258)   #36
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
would be nice i Stevenson could run two camaros.
They are, one for Liddell/Davis and another for Lally/Bell.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3356799)   #37
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
WOW. Stevenson previewed their new GS Conti Camaro, and its the new Z/28.R
Very pretty.

http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/...s14B_0115.html
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3356849)   #38
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
OH MY........
Old 22 Jan 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3356899)   #39
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Actually, the angle should be a little closer to the side, like this:

you paying to draw up 107 new cars?

If you CTSCCers were not away, Spotter Guide with 40 of the CTSCC cars (not my picks) is online at www.spotterguides.com
Old 22 Jan 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3356907)   #40
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new Stevenson CTSCC livery is okay, but the old purple/yellow livery was my favorite in the field. Can't always get what you want ....

At least the car is still on the grid.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3356918)   #41
Elbows
Rookie

Elbows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey all,

Long time enthusiast, but brand new to the forum. Joined here solely to find more info on the conti series and the new combined sports car series. Continental has been my favourite series for years (through its various names and iterations). Long time Turner Motorsports fan etc.

Question is...where can US fans watch this series this year? Is this a Fox Sports 2 thing also? (Sadly, a channel I do not get). What are some of the options for watching it online etc?

Surprises to me (viewing the entry list for Daytona)

-Compass 360 running a WRX
-Comparatively small number of M3's (and Turner running M3's in Conti, but Z4's in the combined series)
-More 370Z's
-Looks like a big Mustang/Camaro shootout this year
-Irish Mike's coming back out of nowhere with three Genesis coupes!?

I just hope I get to actually see this race somehow. Any heads up on catching it would be appreciated!
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3356933)   #42
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
WOW. Stevenson previewed their new GS Conti Camaro, and its the new Z/28.R
Very pretty.

http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/...s14B_0115.html
Sounds like quite a bit of consternation amongst competitors over this one.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3356937)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Fox 2 at 6 pm day of the race ... it will be on the web Somewhere ...
Old 22 Jan 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3356946)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Sounds like quite a bit of consternation amongst competitors over this one.
Can you expand on that please?
Old 22 Jan 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3357060)   #45
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Fox 2 at 6 pm day of the race ... it will be on the web Somewhere ...
Should be on the IMSA site 24h after the broadcast, no?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3357812)   #46
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice car. I'd rank the Camaro's looks 2nd overall, behind Rum Bum Porsche ;p

By the way, how come only 997 Porsches are participating. Is 991 even compatible with CSTCC rules with its rear wheel steering?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3357967)   #47
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we watch this race live anywhere? Or did that get taken away too this year?
Old 24 Jan 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3358007)   #48
Maelochs
Veteran

You can watch it live----at the track.
Otherwise, Fox2 at 6 p.m. or IMSA.com Saturday (hopefully.)
Old 24 Jan 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3358146)   #49
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The Rum Bum cars have been absolutely hideous since day one.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3358273)   #50
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nascar49speed on justin.tv