Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Jun 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3087702)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 14: Pocono 400 Presented by #NASCAR

JAYSKI race page

With "I'll Have Another" being scratched from The Belmont, that becomes just another horse race and makes the Hash Tag NASCAR 400 at Pocono the biggest race in the Northeast this weekend.

Not quite sure what to make of the lack of sponsor/apparent Twitter fest going on this weekend in the Poconos....
Old 8 Jun 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3087706)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't follow the twitter reference?

Pocono is one of my favorite tracks, but the race has alway been too long. They've actually done something right and cut it by 100mi. I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3087722)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I don't follow the twitter reference?

Pocono is one of my favorite tracks, but the race has alway been too long. They've actually done something right and cut it by 100mi. I'm looking forward to this one.
I do like the 400 mile length cause I am with you. I love the speed, the uniqueness of the place and the tunnel turn, but it can become too much. Speaking of speed, apparently during some of the practice/test sessions, they are pushing 210 mph at the end of the front stretch.

As for Twitter, it is literally presented by hashtag (#NASCAR), whom finally have opened an official Twitter account and using this event to promote, um, themselves .

For those who care:
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20120608c
Old 8 Jun 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3087760)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I can't watch Nascar, since I rellay don't like the cars' looks. Only the Argentine Turismo Carretera are worse. Anyway; i think they should adopt qualifying races with split grids, without shortening the television slot.

So, instead of running 500 miles at cookie-cutters, they should run three 50 mile races with split grids (1-4-7-, 2-5-8-, 3-6-9-), and then a 300 mile final race. In short ovals, instead of running 400 miles they should do three 30 mile qualifiers and a 200-mile race.

That way, you get more aggressive racing, more race finishes and more exposure for mid-packers. Also, given the current points system, they should award 5-4-3-2-1 points to the top 5 finishers of each qualifying race.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3087784)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They've resurfaced this track this year which presumably accounts for the speed.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3088187)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
"Sliced Bread" Logano grabs the pole with "Cousin" Carl outside. Menard, Kyle, Denny, "The Young Man" Martin, Smith, JR, Taz and Kasey Kahneround out the top 10.

FULL LINEUP
Old 10 Jun 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3088527)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Underway in the Poconos....two cautions thus far. Logano leading from the drop...
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3088627)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bleh, the nice guys always get moved out of the way. Fingers crossed Logano runs out of fuel (which he probably won't because of the caution laps earlier).
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3088738)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
In many ways I find Logano more annoying than the Busch brothers. Just don't like the guy. It was always going to be marginal with Martin though.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3089098)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
He had to much PR lessons which made him fake and too slck.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3089164)   #11
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
He had to much PR lessons which made him fake and too slck.
He sounds like a 13 year old. I listen to him I think of a cheap US sitcom. He's a new species of NASCAR driver that just doesn't sit will with me.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3089167)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
He sounds like a 13 year old. I listen to him I think of a cheap US sitcom. He's a new species of NASCAR driver that just doesn't sit will with me.
Much like the "new" species that Jeff Gordon "started" back in the 90s?

And he looks like a 13 year old, too.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3089276)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Much like the "new" species that Jeff Gordon "started" back in the 90s?

And he looks like a 13 year old, too.
If Joey grew a 'tache I'd forgive him.