Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3982713)   #1976
DreamLine
Rookie

DreamLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
We hope there will be an N24 in 2020. If there is and fans are allowed we will race. We have no interest in ghost races. I very much doubt that fans could be kept away from the N24 in the same way that Demonstrators couldn't be kept from demonstrating with disregard for social distancing. We're ready to race and hope that this too shall pass.
Demonstrations are politics. There is also a bit of politics in motorsport, but still the strongest wins on the track. The state will gladly allow a demonstration, but not a race. It is a fact.

The situation with Cameron Glickenhaus is pure politics. This team is stronger and faster, but it is private. Only factory teams should win in the ring. Therefore, Cameron Glickenhaus always loses.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 00:23 (Ref:3982738)   #1977
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamLine View Post
Demonstrations are politics. There is also a bit of politics in motorsport, but still the strongest wins on the track. The state will gladly allow a demonstration, but not a race. It is a fact.

The situation with Cameron Glickenhaus is pure politics. This team is stronger and faster, but it is private. Only factory teams should win in the ring. Therefore, Cameron Glickenhaus always loses.
It's very hard to win against 25 factory supported entries. Last year we were in second and were told to slow down on the straight which we did. We still were in a position to win. We were hit and our headlights broken. We spent 16 minutes in the pit. At the end we were 8 minutes down. We could have easily won. Our new car is redesigned and we can change the entire nose including headlights in 16 seconds. Our new 004C is very fast. It can win. We have a chance. The big guys don't want us to win but the big guys have real problems. When the next N24 happens we'll be there and as the last Privateer we will stand and deliver.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3982773)   #1978
DreamLine
Rookie

Quote:
The big guys don't want us to win but the big guys have real problems. When the next N24 happens we'll be there and as the last Privateer we will stand and deliver.
Are you from the Cameron team?

Last edited by DreamLine; 19 Jun 2020 at 13:07.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3982796)   #1979
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Are you from the Cameron team?
Mr Jim himself :-)
Old 19 Jun 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3982807)   #1980
DreamLine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Mr Jim himself :-)
I didn’t know, thanks.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3982808)   #1981
DreamLine
Rookie

Quote:
It's very hard to win against 25 factory supported entries. Last year we were in second and were told to slow down on the straight which we did. We still were in a position to win. We were hit and our headlights broken. We spent 16 minutes in the pit. At the end we were 8 minutes down. We could have easily won. Our new car is redesigned and we can change the entire nose including headlights in 16 seconds. Our new 004C is very fast. It can win. We have a chance. The big guys don't want us to win but the big guys have real problems. When the next N24 happens we'll be there and as the last Privateer we will stand and deliver.
You have a great team and a lot of fans. We wish you success and victories.
Old 19 Jun 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3982830)   #1982
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
You have a great team and a lot of fans. We wish you success and victories.
Thanks!
Old 20 Jun 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3982886)   #1983
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We may consider this year's Nurburgring 24h will have to run without audience, as Germany extend the ban for large gathering until October after a new surge of new Covid-19 patients.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3982895)   #1984
DreamLine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
We may consider this year's Nurburgring 24h will have to run without audience, as Germany extend the ban for large gathering until October after a new surge of new Covid-19 patients.
Yes, it is possible that there will be no spectators.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3982955)   #1985
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it is possible that there will be no spectators.
We VERY much doubt that the N24 will be run with out spectators.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3982963)   #1986
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We VERY much doubt that the N24 will be run with out spectators.
Let's wait and see. September is still a long time to go. Maybe the virus is under control by then, maybe an antidote is available, or maybe a second wave of covid19 has started by then.
Too early to tell now.

I just hope that whatever the decision is, people do the right thing and obey the decisions made, and do not ruin things for everybody else.
i.e:
* face masks obliged means face masks obliged
* no fans allowed means no fans allowed
* no limitations means no limitations
Old 20 Jun 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3982974)   #1987
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Let's wait and see. September is still a long time to go. Maybe the virus is under control by then, maybe an antidote is available, or maybe a second wave of covid19 has started by then.
Too early to tell now.

I just hope that whatever the decision is, people do the right thing and obey the decisions made, and do not ruin things for everybody else.
i.e:
* face masks obliged means face masks obliged
* no fans allowed means no fans allowed
* no limitations means no limitations
From what we know there is no way the N24 will be run without fans.
If it is we won't race it.
Hopefully in early November it will be safe to run it with fans.
I really feel for the teams and everyone Corona is destroying.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 21:21 (Ref:3982976)   #1988
DreamLine
Rookie

Of course, we all need good weather, true races and fans. We hope for the best. Many teams will refuse to participate without spectators.
Old 20 Jun 2020, 23:51 (Ref:3982992)   #1989
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Of course, we all need good weather, true races and fans. We hope for the best. Many teams will refuse to participate without spectators.
We hope so too.
Old 21 Jun 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3983095)   #1990
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can’t control the weather, but let’s hope we at least get a decent crowd
Old 24 Jun 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3983599)   #1991
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
141 cars including 20 GT3s start the first VLN on Saturday. That’s incredible and wonderful.

I suspect I am going to be quite emotional watching this go off at 11am UK time. I have missed motorsport terribly and the Nordschleife in particular has a special place in my heart.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3983616)   #1992
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
141 cars including 20 GT3s start the first VLN on Saturday. That’s incredible and wonderful.

I suspect I am going to be quite emotional watching this go off at 11am UK time. I have missed motorsport terribly and the Nordschleife in particular has a special place in my heart.
Do you know where the race will be available to watch? I couldn't find the future live stream on any of the usual Youtube channels. Usually they have them set up a good bit in advance.
Old 24 Jun 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3983623)   #1993
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You will be able to get it from here at least - http://www.radiolemans.co
Old 25 Jun 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3983757)   #1994
DreamLine
Rookie

1 VLN 2020. list of participants. 140 cars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VORLAEUFIGE TEILNEHMERLISTE NLS1.pdf (202.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 26 Jun 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3983974)   #1995
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
You will be able to get it from here at least - http://www.radiolemans.co
Specifically this page: http://www.radiolemans.co/2020/06/25...recken-trophy/
Old 26 Jun 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3983993)   #1996
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM are in sound and vision, plus with timing screens I think

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3984175)   #1997
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
Do you know where the race will be available to watch? I couldn't find the future live stream on any of the usual Youtube channels. Usually they have them set up a good bit in advance.
It's live on dailysportscar
Old 27 Jun 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3984192)   #1998
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This pit stop procedure is amazing. They should just keep this for the entire thing.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3984203)   #1999
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
All very impressive. Soooooo good to be watching racing again. Just need to get back trackside again now!
Old 27 Jun 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3984207)   #2000
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say, the pit stop stuff is amazing, but the minimum pit stop times stuff really is a mess.

The minimum times need to go for the Pro class.