Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Oct 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3776448)   #176
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Darrell Wallace will finally get a full time ride in Cup. Now let's see what kind of sponsor deals RPM can pull together for him.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3776489)   #177
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is good news. I like Bubba. He has raced well in the Xfinity. I never have much liked Almirola. Petty is promising great things for 2018, as he would, but hasn't even confirmed which manufacturer or sponsor he will run.

I see SHR has merged their xfinity team to become .......Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste. Try saying that after a six pack and a couple of pipes.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3777340)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see Chase got dumped by Hamlin while leading towards the end of the race. Hamlin has apologized for wrecking the leader for the first time in his 10,000 races since he was 7. Thanks, pal!

And Capt Snothead Younger Busch sister wins. Glad I missed it.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3780192)   #179
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
God I hope Martin Truex Jr wins the championship.

Maybe Chase will have some luck in the #9 next year. Too many second places.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3780280)   #180
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So Kyle Larson got 4 wins, 8 runner-up finishes and 14 top 5s, but got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs for a blown engine in Kansas.

Nascar rules.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3780382)   #181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So Kyle Larson got 4 wins, 8 runner-up finishes and 14 top 5s, but got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs for a blown engine in Kansas.

Nascar rules.
Martin Truex probably would have wrapped up the Championship 2 races ago if they were running a true season championship series...

But they aren't! Same rules for everyone.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3780401)   #182
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
God I hope Martin Truex Jr wins the championship.

Maybe Chase will have some luck in the #9 next year. Too many second places.
#24 put the #11 into the fence and out of the Championship as payback for Martinsville. I think he should have sat behind the #20 until the last few laps. He timed his run too early and ended up getting caught out on old tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Nascar rules.
NASCAR playoff rules are insane, hopefully they will grow out of this phase before too long.
#42 has scored 4 points in the last 4 races. He would be 2nd in points if he had averaged 17th.

Quote:
Martin Truex probably would have wrapped up the Championship 2 races ago if they were running a true season championship series...

But they aren't! Same rules for everyone.
Jayski does not seem to be keeping an old points system score, but by my reckoning the points should look like this...
1st #78 Truex Jr 1320
2nd #18 Busch 1156
3rd #4 Harvick 1128
4th #42 Larson 1078
5th #11 Hamlin 1064

Will you cry if the little Busch sister wins another Championship?
Go #18!
Old 14 Nov 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3780404)   #183
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
#24 put the #11 into the fence and out of the Championship as payback for Martinsville.
Sorry I missed that! And good for Chase.

Quote:
Jayski does not seem to be keeping an old points system score, but by my reckoning the points should look like this...
1st #78 Truex Jr 1320
2nd #18 Busch 1156
3rd #4 Harvick 1128
4th #42 Larson 1078
5th #11 Hamlin 1064
Yeah I looked for this earlier and noticed Jayski stopped (or was asked to stop) in 2016. And if this is true, Truex is your champ.

Quote:
Will you cry if the little Busch sister wins another Championship?
Go #18!
I've not cried for NASCAR since February of 2001, when it all died for me (in hindsight, of course).

But to the specific question, if Kyle wins, he'd still be only a playoff champ and not a true champ, b/c the sport is no longer relevant. To me, that is. I really have a hard time caring either way.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3780410)   #184
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Sorry I missed that! And good for Chase.

Yeah I looked for this earlier and noticed Jayski stopped (or was asked to stop) in 2016. And if this is true, Truex is your champ.

I've not cried for NASCAR since February of 2001, when it all died for me (in hindsight, of course).

But to the specific question, if Kyle wins, he'd still be only a playoff champ and not a true champ, b/c the sport is no longer relevant. To me, that is. I really have a hard time caring either way.
#11 cut the dog leg and pulled a slide job on the #24. Chase was stone cold about it, he followed the three tap rule, two nudges then a bump and run. Afterwards he said he was just racing him how he races me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fbcxaGJmQNg

I much prefer the old jayski site to the new one. It takes 5 minutes to load a gigabyte of adverts then crashes. I guess them that be threatened him with "actions detrimental to stock car racing" for dissing the play offs.

At least little Busch sister will have completed a whole season this time if he is crowned champion. I hope they get rid of this dumb system asap.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3780413)   #185
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
#11 cut the dog leg and pulled a slide job on the #24. Chase was stone cold about it, he followed the three tap rule, two nudges then a bump and run. Afterwards he said he was just racing him how he races me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fbcxaGJmQNg

I much prefer the old jayski site to the new one. It takes 5 minutes to load a gigabyte of adverts then crashes. I guess them that be threatened him with "actions detrimental to stock car racing" for dissing the play offs.

At least little Busch sister will have completed a whole season this time if he is crowned champion. I hope they get rid of this dumb system asap.
Thanks for sharing the video! That wasn't bad at all by Chase. For him it was, but in the great scheme of things, he just used a chrome horn and drove him a little wide off exit. What happened after happened. Others would've flat out dumped him.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3780559)   #186
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
To slightly improve the current playoff system, I would allow to drop the worst results in each round, and only take points for the best two races. This would allow drivers to get one DNF and still advance to the next round.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3781706)   #187
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Martin Truex Jr and Furniture Row, your 2017 champs.

There just might be hope....
Old 20 Nov 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3781711)   #188
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Homestead finale was interesting, I must admit.

But the rules make it risky that an undeserving champion gets it.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3781714)   #189
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Martin Truex Jr and Furniture Row, your 2017 champs.

There just might be hope....
I was glad they won, they deserved it. Almost against all odds the final standings are the same as the final points.
The playoffs are so dumb they make me feel sick thinking about them.
#00 Custer would have been the National champion if he had finished at Phoenix half a second earlier.
#1 Sadler would have been champ but he got into a battle with #20 Preece who was racing for owners points.
In the Cup spoilt little Joey in the #22, who was racing for nothing, blocked the #18 of little sister Busch and cost him the Championship.
It is so ridiculous I can't take any of the titles seriously this year
Old 6 Dec 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3785387)   #190
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either way, the right driver won the Monster Energy Cup series - Well done Martin Truex Jnr