Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 May 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3733447)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AA suffered a compression fracture to a vertebrate, but has been released from the hospital. Video of the incident in article below.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...speedway-crash
Old 15 May 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3733582)   #102
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I actually tuned in this evening for a little bit and saw one of the nastiest accidents I've seen in some time. Logano had a failure going into 1 and collected Danica into the fence. Aric Almirola had no traction and barreled into Joey at such a high rate of speed the rear of the car was lifted far into the air. AA was pulled from the car after the roof was removed and certainly hoping he'll be okay. He was conscious when removed....
That was a bad one. One of the worst I've seen in awhile. Thank God it wasn't worse. Danica is lucky that she didn't get severly burned, that car looked like it took the worst of it. Aric is very fortunate that his injuries were not a whole lot worse. The with the speed and the angle that he hit at, and with the height that the back of the car came off or the ground, I feared paralysis of lower extremities. Nothing that Logano could do, he was just along for the ride. Fortunately, the cars are far safer today. Shudder to think what might have happened had they been driving pre-COT cars. Aric will have a long and painful recovery, similar to what Tony Stewart went through, but he should make a full recovery. Prayers for him.
Old 15 May 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3733592)   #103
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danica's impact was one that ended careers 20 years ago.

Can't stand Joey, but his comments of concern for AA during the race prior to anything else speak loudly compared to Patrick's.
Old 15 May 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3733705)   #104
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Danica's impact was one that ended careers 20 years ago.

Can't stand Joey, but his comments of concern for AA during the race prior to anything else speak loudly compared to Patrick's.
Same here, not a Logano fan, but he was visually shook up, it was obvious that it affected him badly. Maybe something like this is what it will take to straighten him out. He had no problem wrecking people and then being a jerk about it. Didn't help when NASCAR gave him a free pass, then SLAMED Kenseth, several years ago. He seemed to think he was immune to any kind of punishment and caused a lot more wrecks. Perhaps this one finally put the seriousness into the reality of accidents can do into him! Yes, you nailed it, that kind of accident did end careers on more than one occasion!
Old 28 May 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3736994)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've been watching racing all day but I had to cut it out for family and packing for a trip.

I see Chase was taken out by not fault of his own so I don't how much time I'll be watching the last race on the single greatest day in motor racing.

Edit: tuning in to see 58 laps to go in stage 2. How many laps to finish? They won't show that so they can keep me hooked? I think I see through their ploy now!

Edit x2. Lightning in the area. Red Flag.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 28 May 2017 at 23:58.
Old 29 May 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3737031)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Austin Dillon takes the #3 back to victory lane and gets his first win. Good for him and Mr. Childress.
Old 29 May 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3737115)   #107
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
I've been watching racing all day but I had to cut it out for family and packing for a trip.

I see Chase was taken out by not fault of his own so I don't how much time I'll be watching the last race on the single greatest day in motor racing.

Edit: tuning in to see 58 laps to go in stage 2. How many laps to finish? They won't show that so they can keep me hooked? I think I see through their ploy now!

Edit x2. Lightning in the area. Red Flag.
Quote:
Austin Dillon takes the #3 back to victory lane and gets his first win. Good for him and Mr. Childress.
I'm not a fan of these glorified "heat races". I'd rather see them just run the full race, like they always have in the past. I watched the whole race. I played it smart, since the weather was threatening for the entire day here, after I got home from Church, I took a nap. Got up at 5:00 pm. had a bite to eat then watched the Pre-race show and then into the coverage for the race. Gut told me that there would be a rain delay, that would last around 1 1/2 to two hours and that the race would run long into the evening, early morning and I was right. Had I not taken the nap, I doubt seriously, that I would have made it to the end of the race. It is unfortunate that NASCAR has allowed sponsors and TV networks to dictate race starting times. This is the longest race of the season and it SHOULD NOT be run at night! NO 400, 500 or 600 mile race should be run at night! Fine with short tracks, where they run lap numbers instead of miles and fine for a superspeedway, like Phoenix, where they run 300 some odd miles, instead of 400 to 500 miles. Those races are short enough that baring rain or extended red flags, for accidents, finish at a reasonable time. This race NEEDS to revert back to it's original afternoon starting time!!! Had it started in the afternoon, like it did for most of it' history, it would have been finished, well before the rains/thunderstorms came! PUT THE 600 BACK TO AN AFTERNOON START TIME!

Happy for Austin Dillon getting his first win! He and Johnson gambled and the gamble for him, paid off, it didn't for Johnson! No doubt that Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch (What an childish JERK, his post race interview and microphone drop were inexcusable) were faster and were closing FAST. But Dillon was able to hang on and win. Yeah, bad luck for Chase, he seems to be "snake bitten", just can't catch a break, same with Ryan Blaney. They will both get wins, soon, they just need a change of luck. While I don't care for "fuel mileage" races, this one was interesting, seeing if Dillon could hang on or if the two rocket ships, of Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch would overhaul and pass him in the last lap and a half.
Old 6 Jun 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3738996)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Darrell "Bubba" Wallace, Jr. will make his Cup debut at Pocono this weekend, becoming only the 4th black driver to race in the top series, joining Bill Lester, Wendell Scott and Willy T. Ribbs. He is subbing for the injured Aric Almirolla.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-pocono-060517
Old 6 Jun 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3739033)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Green flag at 6pm means a possible 11pm finish. Not too bad for Sunday night TV before a holiday, although less favorable for a spectator.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3740526)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Another young gun gets a win before Chase. That's fine; his day is coming.

Good for Ryan Blaney taking his first win and good for the Wood Brothers. Always neat seeing the 21 in victory lane. I watched a decent bit of this race as I still love Pocono.

JJ lost his brakes going into 1 and had a scary crash / hard hit. Glad he's okay. In the same incident, Jamie Mac got into junk from Jimmie's car and had a hard hit and a fire on the #1 car.

The segments are stupid, but the racing (when left alone) at good tracks is still as good as it gets.

It was a hot day in PA and Bubba Wallace passed out after his first race; not from the heat, but because he was mad. Finishing 26th in his debut.
https://sports.yahoo.com/darrell-wal...235538135.html
Old 14 Jun 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3741323)   #111
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Always neat seeing the 21 in victory lane.
Yes
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3741676)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Can we pick on Danica a little?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO4su6VTg08

She has time berate someone but no time for autographs?

Still wish Danicafan was around...
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3742178)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, snippy Danica doesn't get modern PR does she?
Old 17 Jun 2017, 01:31 (Ref:3742395)   #114
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
According to herself there was more to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpC0PErKTs
Old 17 Jun 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3742416)   #115
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, that seems a little convenient. Had that been the case, explain it to the boo birds, not some random camera in a clean environment.

Maybe this same thing has happened to others and DP just gets shade for it.

She makes more money than I do.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3745536)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Interesting quote from Junior and some criticism finally coming from drivers on debris cautions:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...ebris-caution/

Quote:
"I don't know why they've got to throw so many damn debris yellows," Earnhardt said during a postrace Periscope broadcast. "The purpose of having stages was really because the networks want more cautions, more restarts, because people tune in when we have a caution. They tune in for a restart. That's the whole reason why we have the stages to try to create a little more drama, so I don't know why we keep throwing the damn debris yellows and stuff."
TV influencing the cautions??? Well, I never!!
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3745551)   #117
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Juniors out at the end of the year, he doesn't care any more hahaha
Old 20 Jun 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3745577)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Juniors out at the end of the year, he doesn't care any more hahaha
Ha! Kinda wish he or some driver would've call NASCAR on their BS years ago...
Old 26 Jun 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3746853)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
For some reason, I thought I'd enjoy the race today at Sonoma, so I recorded and just finished it. The road course races are so chopped up and confusing with pitstop strategies because of the stages. Still fun to watch stockcars hustle through the esses and bound off curbs, but the actual race product is garbage.

Speaking of garbage, I guess this is the last race people have to deal with FOX for 2017. They have six people in suits covering the race and each is just as annoying as he other. Put more people in the pits and maybe out on the course / track. That's much more informative than listening to Mikey and Chris talk about whose hair has more product in it...

The good news is, it looks as though they have a contract through 2024
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3747263)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some of it is, at least to me, the FOX guys almost resent the road courses and put zero effort in to the production. The TNT crew was a little better but still missed the leaders often and loved the mid-pack battles that often weren't for position, and of course the Robby Gordon late race charge watch.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3748112)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Junior on the pole for tonight's FIRECRACKER 400, more than likely his last race at Daytona.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3750374)   #122
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-designed-cars

Well then.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3750385)   #123
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Only poorly designed when they stop winning all the time.

This is easily fixed though - give the cars a 4" ride height and take the splitter and side skirts off.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3750420)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The cars are towards the bottom of the "fix it" list with this series.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 22:54 (Ref:3751031)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The top of the list is definitely the liveries, so the Southern 500 is trying to fix that

Racer's preview of the Bojangles 500 liveries, throwback race 1985-1989