Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3757907)   #151
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Today's race wasn't broken up too bad by the segments and it was pretty entertaining in the end.

I hope Martin Truex wins the championship as he's been the best all year and likely will continue to be through the last half...

Oh yea, and he won today!
Old 29 Aug 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3762716)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Schemes for the Southern 500 are out.
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/schem...-paint-schemes

My fav (maybe JHamilton's, too)

Also digging this one:

Of course the STP scheme and Smokey Yunich are always good...
Old 29 Aug 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3762729)   #153
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Schemes for the Southern 500 are out.
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/schem...-paint-schemes

My fav (maybe JHamilton's, too)

Also digging this one:

Of course the STP scheme and Smokey Yunich are always good...
Aw that's awesome!

Old 1 Sep 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3763397)   #154
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kyle Bush swept Bristol for the second time! Love him or hate him that is an awesome achievement.

Congratulations to Jeremy Clements and #51 Xfinity crew for winning at Road America despite spinning on the penultimate lap.
Their first win in 256 starts, his father is the crew chief and they build their own motors.
I love this race every year.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3763450)   #155
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Kyle Bush swept Bristol for the second time! Love him or hate him that is an awesome achievement.

Congratulations to Jeremy Clements and #51 Xfinity crew for winning at Road America despite spinning on the penultimate lap.
Their first win in 256 starts, his father is the crew chief and they build their own motors.
I love this race every year.
Screw Kyle.

The end of the Road America Race was crazy.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3767051)   #156
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
For anyone in the UK, NASCAR Cup highlights are now available free to air on SKY channel 424 "Freesports", which is from Premier sports. They are also showing Xfinity and Truck full races, sometimes live, Brisca F1 stock cars, and also Polish and Swedish speedway.

I have really enjoyed the Xfinity and Trucks this year, but the two Cup races I have now watched were not that great.
The commentators just babbled incessantly about the playoffs until my mind went numb and I had to turn off the volume.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3767219)   #157
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Here's your Chase lineup. I'm pulling for Chase to win without winning a race ATM. In all honesty, Truex has been the class of the field this year. It'd be a shame if he doesn't bring home a Cup.

Jimmie is right where he wants to be as is Harvick. I think it's between them and Hamlin who's gotten warm of late, cause that's what playoffs are about! Who is the hottest!

1 MARTIN TRUEX JR. 2053

2 KYLE LARSON 2033

3 KYLE BUSCH 2029

4 BRAD KESELOWSKI 2019

5 JIMMIE JOHNSON 2017

6 KEVIN HARVICK 2015

7 DENNY HAMLIN 2013

8 RICKY STENHOUSE JR. 2010

9 RYAN BLANEY 2008

10 CHASE ELLIOTT 2006

11 RYAN NEWMAN 2005

12 KURT BUSCH 2005

13 KASEY KAHNE 2005

14 AUSTIN DILLON 2005

15 MATT KENSETH 2005

16 JAMIE MCMURRAY 2003

Quote:
For anyone in the UK, NASCAR Cup highlights are now available free to air on SKY channel 424 "Freesports", which is from Premier sports. They are also showing Xfinity and Truck full races, sometimes live, Brisca F1 stock cars, and also Polish and Swedish speedway.

I have really enjoyed the Xfinity and Trucks this year, but the two Cup races I have now watched were not that great.
The commentators just babbled incessantly about the playoffs until my mind went numb and I had to turn off the volume.
Was it the FOX commentators? They're mind numbing?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3768535)   #158
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Here's your Chase lineup. I'm pulling for Chase to win without winning a race ATM. In all honesty, Truex has been the class of the field this year. It'd be a shame if he doesn't bring home a Cup.

Jimmie is right where he wants to be as is Harvick. I think it's between them and Hamlin who's gotten warm of late, cause that's what playoffs are about! Who is the hottest!

1 MARTIN TRUEX JR. 2053

2 KYLE LARSON 2033

3 KYLE BUSCH 2029

4 BRAD KESELOWSKI 2019

5 JIMMIE JOHNSON 2017

6 KEVIN HARVICK 2015

7 DENNY HAMLIN 2013

8 RICKY STENHOUSE JR. 2010

9 RYAN BLANEY 2008

10 CHASE ELLIOTT 2006

11 RYAN NEWMAN 2005

12 KURT BUSCH 2005

13 KASEY KAHNE 2005

14 AUSTIN DILLON 2005

15 MATT KENSETH 2005

16 JAMIE MCMURRAY 2003

Was it the FOX commentators? They're mind numbing?
No, I didn't see a single Fox Cup race this year. I guess I have not been watching NASCAR long enough to be fed up with them. The NBC commentary just drives me nuts. It is mainly Letarte and Snyder that I can't stand. Their voices are like fingernails on a black board to me.

The race at Chicago was quite a thriller. Truex was pure class and just about lapped the whole field. The #18 was the fastest car there but went two laps down thanks to some sloppy pit work, every time he nearly got the lucky dog, Truex passed someone else to keep him a lap down.

I am going to write off Stenhouse, Newman, Kahne, Dillon, and McMurray from having any chance at the Cup. But the rest all have a good chance with the way the system works. Truex deserves it most of all, I hope he can seal the deal.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3768543)   #159
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Rick Allen is the worst.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3771338)   #160
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Dear Mr fieldodreams79,
I have a terrible confession to make.
I have been catching up on the Cup season.
Not only have I enjoyed every moment of the Fox commentary, but also I am cheering for the #18.
I hope you can forgive me.

Seriously though, the racing has been great. The Bristol night race was epic, Bush swept all three series, Martinsville was epic. Daytona was a bit of a wreck fest, but well that is restrictor plate racing, Tony Gibson's reaction was priceless. The #78 of Truex has just been awesome. #18 has been close behind, he lost a wheel at Dover, and was back in 3rd by lap 200. Larson, Blaney, and Elliot have been right up front.
I was dubious about the stage racing, but they have really livened things up.
I still can't get into the idea of the Playoffs though.
The new smaller splitter and spoiler have really improved the cars.
I have watched a lot of other series this year. I like the sports cars, but the whole race is cars lapping another class, F1 has been sending me to sleep.
The only thing that I have enjoyed as much as NASCAR Cup has been the WRC and MotoGP.
Can't wait to catch up the rest of it.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3771373)   #161
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
You may enjoy Nascar, don't be ashamed.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3771408)   #162
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Dear Mr fieldodreams79,
I have a terrible confession to make.
I have been catching up on the Cup season.
Not only have I enjoyed every moment of the Fox commentary, but also I am cheering for the #18.
I hope you can forgive me.

Seriously though, the racing has been great. The Bristol night race was epic, Bush swept all three series, Martinsville was epic. Daytona was a bit of a wreck fest, but well that is restrictor plate racing, Tony Gibson's reaction was priceless. The #78 of Truex has just been awesome. #18 has been close behind, he lost a wheel at Dover, and was back in 3rd by lap 200. Larson, Blaney, and Elliot have been right up front.
I was dubious about the stage racing, but they have really livened things up.
I still can't get into the idea of the Playoffs though.
The new smaller splitter and spoiler have really improved the cars.
I have watched a lot of other series this year. I like the sports cars, but the whole race is cars lapping another class, F1 has been sending me to sleep.
The only thing that I have enjoyed as much as NASCAR Cup has been the WRC and MotoGP.
Can't wait to catch up the rest of it.
You're all good, mate. Watch what you want and pull for who you want.

I only watched the last 15 laps cause Chase was leading. That quickly led to anger so soon after the Falcons loss.

Oh well. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs!
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:04 (Ref:3771648)   #163
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where might I find some aerodynamic technical analysis of the current cars online?

I want to be able to confirm what I think I know is being done with the current regulations.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3771657)   #164
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Where might I find some aerodynamic technical analysis of the current cars online?

I want to be able to confirm what I think I know is being done with the current regulations.
Changes from 2016 to 2017
"The rear spoiler will be smaller, reduced one inch to a 2.5-inch height. The splitter will also be shortened from five to two inches wide and the length is reduced from 61 inches to 53 inches.The combination of the splitter reduction and the spoiler reduction will drop the downforce to 1,500 pounds."
http://richardpettymotorsports.com/n...age-explained/

Changes from 2017 to 2018
"Chief among the handful of changes on the aerodynamic and technical front are the use of a common flat splitter and radiator/oil cooler for 2018.
The radiator/oil cooler move is something that is already in play at superspeedways. The common splitter, meanwhile, will be new for all venues.
“As we do that, some of the downforce will be removed from the car, so we will see a rearward shift in the balance of the car,” he said. “We estimate somewhere between two to two-and-a-half percentage points backward (approximately 100-120 pounds of downforce)."
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ar-cup-series/
Old 4 Oct 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3771786)   #165
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
You may enjoy Nascar, don't be ashamed.
Gracias,
I am not ashamed, I amazed more people don't think it is the cats nuts.

Which NASCAR races have you been watching this year?
Old 4 Oct 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3771793)   #166
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Sometimes I put Nascar on the background as I use my computer or cell phone. I rarely give full attention to Nascar races.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3772130)   #167
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Kyle Busch at 182 overall NASCAR wins as of today. He could get to 200 by 2018. I've been looking forward to that and have been tracking it for a few years.

I'm sure when or if he gets to 200 he will stop racing in Grand National and Truck races....mercifully for many drivers and fans I'm sure.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3773576)   #168
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Kyle Busch at 182 overall NASCAR wins as of today. He could get to 200 by 2018. I've been looking forward to that and have been tracking it for a few years.

I'm sure when or if he gets to 200 he will stop racing in Grand National and Truck races....mercifully for many drivers and fans I'm sure.
He announced he would retire from The Xfinity Series when he reaches 100 wins, I think he is on 91. He may then run a few races for JGR in the future as a benchmark.
The black #54 is my favourite stock car. Kyle Busch showing the field a master class in racing.
He is in a league of his own in an Xfinity car, and is just starting to show through in the Cup car. I pick Truex or Busch for the Cup, but with the madness of the play offs, it is too hard to call.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3774398)   #169
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Only 14 cars finished the Alabama 500.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3774404)   #170
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Only 14 cars finished the Alabama 500.
I listened to it doing yard work. Plate racing at its finest.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3774417)   #171
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
I listened to it doing yard work. Plate racing at its finest.
I was watching the #88 on board live stream on nascar.com. Junior missed two big ones by inches. It was a completely mental demolition derby.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3774489)   #172
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Plate racing is a joke.

"Best drivers in the world" though!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3774755)   #173
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they're usually alright for the first two or so hours.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3774899)   #174
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Well, they're usually alright for the first two or so hours.
That's the problem. They suck you in and give you the hope it'll be worth watching and then SMASH! It turns into a demo derby, unnecessarily.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3775939)   #175
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
#43 Plymouth Richard Petty Black Flagged at Darlington 2017

I missed this for some reason, but it cracked me up today.
#43 Richard Petty was leading the field behind the pace car before the start of the Southern 500 in his '67 Belvedere and refused to come in to the pits.
NASCAR black flagged him and he pitted just as the race started.
That's awesome!
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/v...tty-darlington

I watched some of the Kansas race, but it is not a favourite track of mine and it was hard to follow on race view. #20 Kenseth got parked for too many men over the wall during the 5 minute crash clock, which seemed harsh but it is in the new rules. That might be the end of his career.
I still don't understand the play offs, but the cream has risen to the top. Truex Jr is in a world of his own. If he does not win the Cup he should feel robbed, but it is any bodies game.
Martinsville next week, I hope it will be as good as the spring race which was a blinder.