Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 Mar 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1561577)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ed Carpenter "Critical"

According to Sky Sports, Ed Carpenter is now in a "critical" condition. However the American commentators have just announced that he is in a "stable" condition.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1561601)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard that too, Stable is quite different than critical...
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1561611)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
Actually, no it isn't. One can be "critical" but "stable" i.e. not getting any worse.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1561614)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring

Sadly it's not. Stable can be used to describe any stage of illness, it just says they haven't changed.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1562365)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport say he's got bruised lungs, but that a CAT scan revealed no other injuries...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1562442)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All the reports today seem to suggest that Ed is basically fine, and he may be fit to race at St. Pete's next weekend.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1562591)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
I'm so pleased that the reports were wrong - Carpenter was very lucky to get away with such "minor" injuries.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1563062)   #8
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed
Old 28 Mar 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1563354)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ed Carpenter was released from the hospital yesterday and will be evaluated today to see if he will be able to compete this weekend.

Roberto Moreno has been lined up to at least test the car, and possibly to compete in Ed's place this weekend at St.Pete.

Rahal Letterman has withdrawn the Ethanol car that was Paul Dana's ride from this weekend's race.

That is according to today's Indy Star, as well as last night's local TV newscasts in Indy.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:23 (Ref:1563369)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moreno would be ideal as a road-course ringer - he would be likely to outpace Carpenter under any circumstances, although I'd prefer if Ed proves to be fully fit. Best wishes to him at what must be a difficult time.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1564477)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IndyCar.com is now running the story that Moreno will drive at St Pete.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1564567)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That doesn't surprise me.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1564602)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Moreno would be ideal as a road-course ringer - he would be likely to outpace Carpenter under any circumstances, although I'd prefer if Ed proves to be fully fit. Best wishes to him at what must be a difficult time.

Can I add to the sense relief that Carpenter is basically ok after such a big impact, wonder if his family are so keen he gets back in now tho?

Can you believe Moreno?? The guy has arguably been in top line International racing since 1981/82 !!!! A good 25 years, its a shame Lotus never worked out for him in 82 as I thought he could have been something special in F1 if the chances had come sooner. I guess thats what happens when you dont have oodles of cash and live in a Fiat 126 outside Van Diemens factory!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1564946)   #14
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Can I add to the sense relief that Carpenter is basically ok after such a big impact, wonder if his family are so keen he gets back in now tho?

Can you believe Moreno?? The guy has arguably been in top line International racing since 1981/82 !!!! A good 25 years, its a shame Lotus never worked out for him in 82 as I thought he could have been something special in F1 if the chances had come sooner. I guess thats what happens when you dont have oodles of cash and live in a Fiat 126 outside Van Diemens factory!

And borrow Nelson Piquet's overalls to race in. Never forget him at Mallory in them in 80/81 i think, when he was in the Van Diemen, chomping on the most disgusting burger you have ever seen.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1564982)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great news on Ed's condition

and fantastic news on Moreno joining the field
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1565024)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep I agree Marcus..
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1565034)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its strange, as he's always had very little hair Roberto just does'nt seem to age - http://www.crash.net/picture_view_si...~pid~64465.htm does that man look 47??!!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1566245)   #18
miamiyogi
Rookie

miamiyogi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rooting for Moreno

I was kinda secretly hoping for another Dan win in his hometown. However, I can not deny that now I will be cheering for Moreno!!
Old 31 Mar 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1566367)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Moderators... should we change the title of this thread ? I'm sure many people, me included, who thought Ed was in the clear after this tragic accident are shocked when they see the title Ed Carpenter 'critical'... I thought one of these after the event horror stories had happened when someone seemingly well deteriorates like Ronnie Peterson did.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1566369)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fairness it was relative at the time...but I see your point, especially as we're still talking about it.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1566387)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When we didn't know what was going on last Sunday, you're right it was, but its confusing in a shocking way now IMO.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1566402)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a fair point.