Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Nov 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3161243)   #1801
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Mark Petch specifically said that is the total and will never raise.

I disagree. It will limit the expansion potential. Already crowd numbers are lower than expected (referring to comments by food retailers that the crowd numbers promoted never eventuated)

Must have been the Suzukis then. Point was where is all the $$ going? The ST crowd was said to be the biggest etc etc (I was there, it wasn't)

Now, back to your comments about the car being "poos" waiting for evidence please
Evidence of disgruntled food retailers please. A link to these comments please.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3161247)   #1802
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
You can't get close to them but you can tell the welds are crap and the tubes not big enough....
Enough said really

Did you miss the comments made in the Puke thread about what some food vendors were saying to patrons? Looks like you did.
As you love to point out Rev...without evidence other than what people say on here you don't believe it. So...applying your standards where is the evidence? and referencing to comments made by someone on this forum don't count...
Old 1 Nov 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3161256)   #1803
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I talked to them... The guy from "Fritz Wieners" said he was expecting 20,000, the guy from "Paella Pan" made 6 pans of Paella and barely sold one.... In defense, I didn't ask where or why they thought there'd 20,000 people at the event...

(on a side note, I can highly recommend the "Spicy" Fritz Wiener in a bun....).
Old 1 Nov 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3161260)   #1804
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
I talked to them... The guy from "Fritz Wieners" said he was expecting 20,000, the guy from "Paella Pan" made 6 pans of Paella and barely sold one.... In defense, I didn't ask where or why they thought there'd 20,000 people at the event...

(on a side note, I can highly recommend the "Spicy" Fritz Wiener in a bun....).
I had one of those as well, thought it was great, and better value than the $4.50 I paid for a carton of chips!

Maybe people don't really like pealla - I for one don't and neither does my wife, so maybe there were lots of people like that!

I think over the weekend they may actually have got close to 20k people over the 3 days, there were a few thousand on Saturday IMO and Sunday would have been better. Wonder what the gate figures were? Not that we ever hear from any event organizer ever the true figures so who can judge anyway. I do know that the ST people were pretty relieved with the numbers though.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3161294)   #1805
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Fritz Wieners was fairly sure about his crowd sizes... and I'd imagine as a vendor who turns up to that sort of thing day in day out, you'd get a good feel for what was up...

That said, the more important point is that it was a decent crowd.. certainly a hell of a lot better than the last NZV8 appearance at Pukekoke.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3164406)   #1806
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2012/11/0...onal-calendar/

Quote:
V8ST 2013 calendar (provisional):
Round 1: Feb 16-17, Hampton Downs.
Round 2: Mar 9-10, Ruapuna.
Round 3: May 11 “Special Event”, Auckland City.
International Event: August, TBA.
Endurance Series
Round 4: Oct 19-20, Taupo.
Round 5: Nov 9-10, South Island.
Round 6: Dec 6-8, Grand Final Pukekohe.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3164408)   #1807
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Taking bets now on how many times that will change!
Old 9 Nov 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3164424)   #1808
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmacnzl View Post
But not as many as the MSNZ Calendar will
Old 9 Nov 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3164425)   #1809
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Won't Promax be pleased ST are not coming to Manfeild next year
Old 9 Nov 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3164428)   #1810
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
But not as many as the MSNZ Calendar will
Hehe yes very true.

But lets stick to the ST announcement shall we?

Not sure what to make of the Korean round. The travel and freight bill for 24 teams to goto Korea would be huge! If Hankook will meet that cost then that is amazing. Otherwise what other interesting funding methods will be thought of? Asian pay-codrivers? Teams expected to find local Korean sponsorship?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3164430)   #1811
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
considering 3 of the 7 rounds announced do not have locations listed....
probably a few.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3164436)   #1812
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hehe yes very true.

But lets stick to the ST announcement shall we?

Not sure what to make of the Korean round. The travel and freight bill for 24 teams to goto Korea would be huge! If Hankook will meet that cost then that is amazing. Otherwise what other interesting funding methods will be thought of? Asian pay-codrivers? Teams expected to find local Korean sponsorship?
ST thinking outside the square I reckon

Last edited by pukekoheracer; 9 Nov 2012 at 09:23. Reason: Spelling
Old 9 Nov 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3164450)   #1813
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see Nov 9-10 being at Ruapuna, that's the date of the 2013 New Zealand Gallopers Cup here, which would have quite a high demographic crossover.

A shame if Manfeild misses out, perhaps they get back on when the international event (some would say inevitabely) falls over.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3164478)   #1814
DRIFDY
Rookie

DRIFDY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id say Nov 9 & 10 will probly be at Highlands with Australian Gt
Old 9 Nov 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3164636)   #1815
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFDY View Post
Id say Nov 9 & 10 will probly be at Highlands with Australian Gt
\\

Cant see them racing at either Teretonga or Timaru so that would leave just 2 options
Old 9 Nov 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3164643)   #1816
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
\\

Cant see them racing at either Teretonga or Timaru so that would leave just 2 options
Three actually.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3164665)   #1817
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
STs going to contest the Waimate 50?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3164696)   #1818
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't there a new track being built up nelson way?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3164775)   #1819
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, but no way will it be ready. Still has one or two hurdles to clear (seems like pretty small ones though, it's looking good!!)
The drag strip is probably going to be the first operational part of it and thats expected to be ready in two years....
Old 10 Nov 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3164783)   #1820
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Street race??
Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3164813)   #1821
mememe
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
mememe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, a couple of small minded locals believing it will be too noisy and cause traffic problems.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:45 (Ref:3164818)   #1822
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
On other makes etc, didn't mark petch suggest on the TV3 show a month or so back that there was indeed a third manufacturer coming on board? he said it wasn't Japanese or european, so one would think Hyundai i45 ( or whatever the sedan is called) or a Kia Optima.

Personally i think the Optima would look the ducks-nuts in ST guise.
Kia already races the Optima in the Pirelli World Challenge here in the US, quite successfully... doens't look any worse than the other competitors in GTS class

here's some shots: http://www.automotive.com/features/c.../photo_15.html

Similarly, Hyundai races in the Korean V8's version with their fat Genesis... and man do they sound good in action!

http://4chandata.org/images/threads/...4162012362.jpg
Old 11 Nov 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3165258)   #1823
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Manfeild perplexed over omission from the draft 2013 V8 SuperTourer calendarSunday 11th November, 2012
Author: SpeedCafe ©

V8 SuperTourers at Manfeild in April
The Manfeild circuit has expressed disappointment at being left off the provisional V8 SuperTourers calendar for 2013 but have not lost hope of being added back onto the schedule.

V8 SuperTourers announced its calendar as exclusively reported on Speedcafe.co.nz, last Friday which included a couple of surprises. However the calendar is far from finalised with some changes expected if ‘proposed’ events do not materialise.

The first shock is a ‘special event’ tentatively booked for Auckland city on May 11, presumably at a street or temporary circuit, and an ‘international event’ which is believed to be a proposed race in South Korea in August.

However Manfeild, which hosted round three of the V8 SuperTourers maiden season earlier this year, was a noticeable omission to the provisional schedule.

Manfeild Park Trust chief executive Heather Verry said ‘it was a surprise that the circuit was not featured and disappointing that Manfeild had not been given advance notice of the latest schedule’.

“We had firm expectation of maintaining a round on March 16-17. V8ST managing director Mark Petch had been in discussion with Manfeild Park and had specified that date,” Verry said in a statement.

“We had been able to meet this request after considerable reorganisation of our busy track schedule, however we felt it was important to do so.

“We had not heard from V8ST about the provisional calendar prior to it coming out at 7pm on Friday (November 9). This is disappointing and
perplexing.

“Manfeild Park Trust would now hope to have a formal discussion with V8ST to clarify this matter. We take note that what has been posted is cited as being only provisional.

“We believe the core issue for V8ST is driver and crew availability.

“This series arranges its dates to avoid clashing with the Australian V8 Supercars competition. As is well known some drivers and race engineers are involved with both, with Supercars having the priority.

“We knew that the Melbourne Formula One Grand Prix is on March 16-17 but it has only just become known that the Supercars
are also now featuring there. We think this is the crux of their issue, though it is not necessarily a problem that directly affects
our organisation,” she continued.

The Manfeild V8 SuperTourer round that was held in late April was the final sprint round before the winter break for the endurance phase of the Championship which resumed at Taupo in early September.

“The race was the final round of the sprint series and attracted a considerable crowd.”

“We know the drivers liked being in the Manawatu, not least Greg Murphy and John McIntyre, for whom this was a homecoming event. We understand some drivers are unhappy about Manfeild now not being on the calendar.

“Manfeild is a popular drivers’ track, the region embraced the series and the series publicist told us our media profile – nationally and internationally – was very high.”

Wonder if it is anything with that Hardy bloke allegedly behaving like a complete ****** this season...??
Old 11 Nov 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3165261)   #1824
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Wonder if it is anything with that Hardy bloke allegedly behaving like a complete ****** this season...??
Wouldn't be at all surprised if the confused, ranting and profanity ridden email our club got from him is indicative of what he is like.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3165270)   #1825
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just had a quick breeze through this thread whilst waiting for the computer to do some other stuff.

Firstly, there are now annoying ongoing hiccups for those lower down the pecking order because those at the top don't get their act together early enough. Our calendar is normally in place before the beginning of the NZ season - for goodness sake, it has to be.

When the top level, be that ST, Tier 1, Aussie V8s and so on are still fluffing around with their dates when our season has already started, don't they realise that when they change a date, the knock on effect is considerable? We have a situation this season where the Aussie V8 date wasn't confirmed until a few weeks ago and that affected the Tier 1 meet dates then taking Pukekohe out for a few months affected several clubs and their championships.

If indeed Manfeild hasn't a confirmed date at this late stage, then it is very sad, for all those who are twiddling their thumbs, not sure where there is a vacancy on the calendar(s).

Each new track (and it is great if there are more) seems to have no problem filling dates, but with each new track, the complications of sorting out calendars increases and the ones who suffer are those at club level, when the more powerful ones just steam roller their way through. Booking business trips or holidays early only to have the dates change is just as important to the club racer and the club officials as it is to to those involved at at the top level.

Secondly, regarding food at the venues. It is great to see more interesting offerings than overpriced hot dogs, burgers and chips on offer, but much as I love my food, if I am competing I rarely eat at the track at all. The more food franchises there are, the fewer people rolling up at each. I love paella - but it is not the sort of thing I'd normally want to eat at the track (though if the price was right and I was cold, I might consider it).

I wasn't at Pukekohe for the event, so can't comment accurately on crowd numbers, but most of us can hazard a guess, based on what we saw on TV and the numbers seemed to me to be way less than 20,000. To get a 20,000+ crowd at a meeting it has to be very high profile indeed these days and Super Tourers is heading the right way, but it will take time.

Good comments about who crowds are going to see at the meetings and from everything I have read, it appears to be either "names" or Central Muscle Cars, or both. The reason for the attraction of Central Muscle Cars is fairly obvious and if it isn't, it should be. More than one make/model and maybe they are not cornering as if on rails, which may be fast, but is not dramatic. Why do you think speedway consistently gets good crowds? It is never ever less than entertaining.

Last edited by socram; 11 Nov 2012 at 20:21.