Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Aug 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3569420)   #51
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It was a lovely service and good to meet up with some friends from Oulton Park that I hadn't seen for a while.
The size of the congregation was an indication how loved and respected Shelagh was. She will be missed by many people, not least by Bill and my heart goes out to him.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3569422)   #52
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I second Nadine's post - a truly beautiful send off for a remarkable lady. A moving service and a memorable 'do' afterwards. RIP Shelagh - gone, but not forgotten.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3569801)   #53
bill.turnbull
Rookie

bill.turnbull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of Shelagh's family (and myself of course) I would like to express our thanks for the many kind comments made here from all over the world.

The funeral ceremony is now in our past. I thought Father Tom did very well conducting the "Catholic lite" ceremony and although not quite in accordance with her wishes I think she would have been pleased. That she had known him before probably helped.

I am sure that all of those who attended the ceremony and the "party" afterwards will have happy memories of the day and of course Shelagh herself. I believe that all of you who were unable to get to St Helens for perfectly understandable reasons will have been thinking of her on the day, and would ask you all to raise a glass to her memory at some convenient time.

Now the hard work of sorting out all the consequences begins. I am expecting to be inundated with paperwork for the next few weeks.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3577800)   #54
bill.turnbull
Rookie

bill.turnbull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelagh's Ashes

I have buried her ashes today at Druids, Oulton Park. There is no marker, but look out for some bluebells next spring and watch where you pee!

There was no ceremony, just attended by her parents, my brother and one niece (who was on holiday at the time of the cremation) and a couple of friends from the village.

Needless to say afterwards we went to the Red Lion in Little Budworth for drinks and lunch. I would have preferred the Egerton Arms but it is closed on Mondays. I understand that Shelagh's first contact with us mad marshals was at a social event at the Egerton.

Many thanks to Simon Bonser of MSV for allowing us to do this without any interference or supervision.

Thanks again for all of your good wishes.
Old 28 Sep 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3577805)   #55
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure all Oulton Park friends will remember Sheila with affection when we stand at Druids. God Bless
Old 28 Sep 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3577829)   #56
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very fitting. I shall think of Shelagh whenever I am flagging there.

I hope you are coping. The days after we lose someone are always so busy it doesn't really hit until everything settles down. Take care of yourself.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 12:14 (Ref:3577994)   #57
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's wonderful. I shall say hello whenever I'm posted there.

As Paul says, hope you're well. Feel free to contact me if you fancy a pint sometime. Stay strong.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3578114)   #58
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will say hello to Shelagh on my walkabout with Nadlings at the weekend. So pleased you were able to agree this with Oulton Park. Best wishes Bill and hope to see you soon xx
Old 30 Sep 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3578230)   #59
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Druids has always been my favourite post at Oulton; it now has an extra poignancy. What better place to be remembered?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3578343)   #60
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Druids has always been my favourite post at Oulton; it now has an extra poignancy. What better place to be remembered?
God Bless Shelagh.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3578345)   #61
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't think of a better place to be laid to rest. I'll take some time to pay my respects next time I'm there.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3578845)   #62
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill.turnbull View Post
I have buried her ashes today at Druids, Oulton Park. There is no marker, but look out for some bluebells next spring and watch where you pee!

There was no ceremony, just attended by her parents, my brother and one niece (who was on holiday at the time of the cremation) and a couple of friends from the village.

Needless to say afterwards we went to the Red Lion in Little Budworth for drinks and lunch. I would have preferred the Egerton Arms but it is closed on Mondays. I understand that Shelagh's first contact with us mad marshals was at a social event at the Egerton.

Many thanks to Simon Bonser of MSV for allowing us to do this without any interference or supervision.

Thanks again for all of your good wishes.
Perfect....just perfect....god bless you Bill....and god bless you Shelagh xxxx