Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jan 2002, 07:55 (Ref:203061)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are U A Doug addict?

I've been watching the history of bathurst and every once and a while who pops up but the one and only Doug Mulray. I used to enjoy listening to him as his humour was appreciated, especially when the Fords weren't looking all that goodI for one would love it if they replaced Barry with Doug on the V8 calls and was wondering what the rest of you think.
As a side note, the coverage of Lowndes and Bowe fighting it out was fantastic with Bowe takin Lowndes at Hell corner then Craig back around the outside at the end of mountain straight. The best of all was Dick and John ended up winning that year.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 11:55 (Ref:203128)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't stand radio. Music is too important to let some beancounter decide what I listen to with his calculator and advertising revenue. Radio also seems to be a home for TV has beens or never will be's.

Has beens, Wendy Harmer, Mooney, Andrew Denton, Hinch, Terry Willisee, Clive Roberts. Never will be's Alan Jones, John Laws.

Never liked Doug Mulray. Stupid voices and fart jokes seem to be about all he's good for - and he aint even much good at that.

I like the current commentary team. I'm currently working my way through the same DVD box set you are and from what I've heard those old Channel 7 commentators except for Oastler can stay where they are - in retirement.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:52 (Ref:203194)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
old Doug was funny at times but he always (to me anyway) seemed to bring the tone down to a smutty level , dont get me wrong a love a bit of smut ( just listen to my fav band the DOUG Anthony allstars and you will see) but when it comes to motorsport , thats all im interested in

no smut in racing for me please
Old 24 Jan 2002, 03:59 (Ref:203496)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
I like the current commentary team. I'm currently working my way through the same DVD box set you are and from what I've heard those old Channel 7 commentators except for Oastler can stay where they are - in retirement.
What are u on about. I'd much rather listen to the old team of Evan Green, Mike Raymond, Garry Wilkinson, Neil Crompton and the Hay's over the likes of Barry Sheene, Greg Rust or Matthew White, most of the current team don't have a clue
Old 24 Jan 2002, 04:40 (Ref:203506)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said I like the current commentary team on Ten. Nothing worse then trying to watch a motorsport event with house commentary. Just try and watch a Jeremy Shaw commentated CART Race and you'll see what I mean.

I'm surprised you like motorsport at all DRT. All you ever seem to do is whinge about it and wish for the good old days.

Last edited by Buckshot; 24 Jan 2002 at 04:42.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 10:36 (Ref:203561)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old Uncle Doug. I loved listening to him on the radio and he did a great job on the chanel 7 commentary team. He could show some of todays blokes how to be informative without boring you to sleep.

Funny you should bring this up AJ, i was only talking to a mate about this the other day
Old 26 Jan 2002, 02:52 (Ref:204554)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mulo's was really good as a commentator and had a lot more passion for the sport than most of todays clowns and he was also funny with out have the little in jokes that todays monkeys seem to always have between each other, Clowns, Monkeys it makes you wonder why channel 10 don't start up there own full time circus.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 09:45 (Ref:205094)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
I'm surprised you like motorsport at all DRT. All you ever seem to do is whinge about it and wish for the good old days.
errr, did i miss something
Old 31 Jan 2002, 11:31 (Ref:207262)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Mulo's was really good as a commentator and had a lot more passion for the sport than most of todays clowns and he was also funny with out have the little in jokes that todays monkeys seem to always have between each other, Clowns, Monkeys it makes you wonder why channel 10 don't start up there own full time circus.
I totally agree, Mulray was is showman who is enthusiastic about motorsport. As an intelligent and passionate spectator he made a great off the wall commentator. He also showed up the rest of the tame team with his knowledgable comments.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 12:03 (Ref:207284)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Dougy was a great commentator, and added something a little different to the sport. Its sad to see that he doesn't commentate motorsport anymore.
Also Buckshot, I really do enjoy motorsport, I may whinge sometimes which I apologise for and this year I will try to cut to a minimum, but I'm not the only one who does that around hear. And whats wrong with the good ol days ? Thats what todays racing is built on.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 31 Jan 2002 at 12:07.