Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jan 2002, 09:36 (Ref:200017)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Craig Baird gets bashed in paddock

well theres sportsmanship for you.

Craig Baird was assaulted in the paddock after an on track altercation with Mark Peach.

Now this hardly sporting isnt it and the new Zealand motorsport blokies have slapped a $5000 fine and a three month suspension on Mr peach for attacking Baird.

It seems to me that every time baird returns home to NZ there is some kind of controversy with him and feathers always seemed to get ruffled , but then again if he stays here in Oz then he just cant seem to get a drive in anything.
poor guy must be pulling his hair out wondering what he has to do for things to go right
Old 17 Jan 2002, 11:42 (Ref:200055)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, I think Baird must be the world's best test driver, but he can't seem to hack it when there were other people on the track. Remember back to his BMW days? He went from here to England with a gazillion more testing miles than actual race miles. Also he was supposedly impressive in a Briggs Falcon too...
Old 17 Jan 2002, 13:14 (Ref:200098)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was Baird wearing his helmet when he was struck?

What happened in the incident to cause Peach to hit him like that?
Old 17 Jan 2002, 13:18 (Ref:200100)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baird ran him off the road...
Old 17 Jan 2002, 15:07 (Ref:200146)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
nope baird wasnt wearing his helmet ..i dont know the details of what happened ..only that baird did run him off the track and peach decided to have a little chat about it afterwards.
baird was apparently in the trailor getting changed when he was attacked ..and showed up the next day with a cut on his face and a black eye ..apparently he was attacked by peach and another person who has been unamed ???
Old 17 Jan 2002, 19:44 (Ref:200291)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad things always happen to the wrong people...take out Craig Baird and replace it with Matt Neal, take out Peach and his mystery tag team partner and replace them with Skaife and Crompton.

All jokes aside I was very disappointed to hear that the guilty party was only fined and suspended. Why weren't the Police involved ?

As mush as I don't like Craig Baird after his useless stint with Stone Bros this shouldn't have happenned and the penalty realy hasn't been severe enough.
Old 3 Feb 2002, 12:17 (Ref:209526)   #7
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you guys remember the last v8 race at Malalla when crompton was belted by a security gaurd for not having his pit pass, even though he was wearing his full racing suit and carring his helmet.
Old 3 Feb 2002, 12:25 (Ref:209530)   #8
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He must have recognised him then
Old 3 Feb 2002, 12:27 (Ref:209532)   #9
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ha ha he he he tooo coool
Old 9 Feb 2002, 06:51 (Ref:212869)   #10
WheelMan
Rookie

WheelMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at that meeting at Levels.
It happened after the first V8 race on the saturday afternoon.

Baird was punted off the track on the first corner.
But not by Mack Peach.

Now at the back of the field Baird started playing catch-up.
Someone I was with noticed a couple of laps later that Peach had fallen nearly half a lap off the back of the field...Didn't see what happened but the general consensus was that Baird had shoved himself past...

Uneventful race after that Stitch ran away with it.

We meant to hit the pits after the race but it was very wet and cold and a warm car seemed the better option.
I really regret not going now

MotorsportNZ have now increased Peach's suspension and fined his team.
There is also talk of an anger management course before his return!