Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Dec 2001, 21:47 (Ref:191695)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would you most like to see at LeMans?

What team, car or driver would forum memebers most like to see at LM'02?
The car I would most like to see is the new Morgan Aero8, also that Noble M12 is overdue a serious competition debut... By the way.... what does it cost to enter a car at LM? I mean the basic registration/entry fees (after receipt of which they can presumably still turn you down) and also, does anyone go to pre-qualifying, and if so, do they camp?
Old 30 Dec 2001, 22:05 (Ref:191710)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see Jean Alesi there, I have a feeling he would either win or be very, very close. One of the few current F1 drivers who seem to be able to race anything. The other would be Villneuve, just think if he won he would equal G Hills record of LM, Indy & F1 Champ, plus he would raise the stakes by also being Indy Champ.

As for cars, a nice new works Ferrari with a return to road going type cars in with a chance, like the McLaren in '95.

Apart from that, I could just see myself there with Alesi and Villneuve as my slower team mates, our Ferarri F90, 10 laps in the lead with 5 mins to go when Jean brings the car in for my final 10 min stint to the flag following my storming night drive from 10th to 1st in 2 hours............

SL
Old 30 Dec 2001, 22:19 (Ref:191717)   #3
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me in a 02 spec joest r8
Old 30 Dec 2001, 22:27 (Ref:191720)   #4
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dead easy, this one... Pierre Bouillon...
Old 30 Dec 2001, 23:50 (Ref:191743)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1.) Karl Wendlinger, in a decent prototype
2.) Richard Burns (seriously! I think he would do well)
3.) another GTP entry. Preferably with a Lotus Elise.

One of above will likely happen!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 00:39 (Ref:191755)   #6
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although its highly unlikely. id like to see a works mercedes entry some day and works lotus entry.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:09 (Ref:191833)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by clk-lm
although its highly unlikely.
It has been getting less unlikely every day since August, and now the car is basically ready. It will hopefully be out there at Sebring, otherwise they will join in for round 2 (is that Miami?), and there will be 2 cars at Le Mans if all goes well.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:24 (Ref:191834)   #8
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
Dead easy, this one... Pierre Bouillon...
I think that one will go over most peoples heads

A bit like Pierre Bouillon!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:33 (Ref:191836)   #9
Ray Bell
Veteran

You know, Morris 1100, for the owner of a BMC car, you are all class!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:52 (Ref:191838)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RIP, Pierre.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:55 (Ref:191840)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
I think that one will go over most peoples heads
A bit like Pierre Bouillon!
"Over"??
Old 31 Dec 2001, 09:57 (Ref:191841)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who would I most like to see.....?

Everyone who posts here, for starters

Basically:
Anyone who can give Audi a good race.
Anyone who can give Porsche a good race in the GT class
Derek Bell back for one last shot (you're never too old, Derek!)
Old 31 Dec 2001, 10:06 (Ref:191844)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: Who would you most like to see at LeMans?

Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
By the way.... what does it cost to enter a car at LM? I mean the basic registration/entry fees (after receipt of which they can presumably still turn you down)
Fancy entering, Osella?

Here's the entry form!

http://www.euromedianet.fr/reglement...gement2002.doc

My French is pretty poor at the best of times, but it looks like a deposit of 3100 Euros and a final fee of 25,000 Euros. That seems to be the same for all classes. (By the way, if you visit the page and get a password request, just click cancel and you should still get to the form).
Old 31 Dec 2001, 10:19 (Ref:191849)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would like to see Jaguar scrap their sham of a GP team and go back and do some proper racing. The budget would be slashed especially as they wouldn't need to employ Mr Irvine anymore.

A nice GTP in the Toyota/Bentley mould. If they can do it with a derivative of the current 4litre V8 (supercharged?) then all the better.

I wouldn't even care whether it was Green or not!

OK so Ford won't let this happen. But they could also send Aston there in the GTS class.

However I fear that this will never happen and the it'll stay at only seven wins.

But we can all support there inept F1 efforts to gain points finishes with an unreliable and slow car. We can watch the unreliable, slow and over paid drivers come seventh and cheer because they finished. We can marvel at yet more management changes to the over complicated management structure that seem to give the impression that the don't know what on earth they are doing and also that maybe they don't even care.

But then maybe being **** in F1 sells more small engined, front wheel drive, cheaper than some Mondeos cars than being successful at Le Mans.

Bitter? Me? You bet!

Please Jaguar (Ford) stop making front wheel drive cars and PLEASE go back to Le Mans. 100,000 Brits can't be wrong...
Old 31 Dec 2001, 10:28 (Ref:191853)   #15
Ray Bell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
"Over"??
Before I come under attack because someone distorts the reason I posted what I did, let me explain...

Thinking about the broad spectrum of the question, I thought that to see Pierre Levegh at the race this year would be wonderful...

For a start, it would mean that that terrible accident wouldn't have happened, and that all the ramifications that took place in racing at the time would have been averted... and a fine driver would still be alive. Remember, he did lead the race for 23 hours or something, nursing a crankshaft vibration and staying in the car because he didn't think his co-driver could nurse it too...

Morris 1100 came back with a brilliant retort, but that injected humour into the topic (quite rightly, there's nothing wrong with having a laugh), but such might be misread and people might infer from it that I am being unduly macabre and disrespectful.

If anyone could think of a more worthwhile person to see at Le Mans this year, they're welcome to... but I've now explained my post so I don't have to defend myself later.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 10:48 (Ref:191858)   #16
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would actually like to see works BMWs at Le Mans again. I reckon it was arse-backward and cowardly of our German friends to bottle out of returning to defend their 1999 win in 2000, leaving it to Audi to clear up completely. What girls.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 10:51 (Ref:191860)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Before I come under attack because someone distorts the reason I posted what I did, let me explain...
I don't have the slightest problem with your post. I thought it was a good one and I understood the sentiments you've just expressed. (I also enjoyed Morris 1100's reply!).

Don't go paranoid on us Ray!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 11:20 (Ref:191866)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I would like to see Jaguar scrap their sham of a GP team and go back and do some proper racing.
How cruel can you be??? Niki Lauda is a divorced invalid with a boy in F3, he needs the money!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 11:23 (Ref:191867)   #19
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:

Why??

Quote:
but I've now explained my post so I don't have to defend myself later.
From what??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 31 Dec 2001, 11:25 (Ref:191868)   #20
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is easy, the Quaife RS4-GTS, one of the most beautiful cars out there.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 11:25 (Ref:191869)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that why he's moonlighting with a bit of testing?
Old 31 Dec 2001, 11:35 (Ref:191874)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
(Niki, to pay for his boy...)

Last edited by Adam43; 31 Dec 2001 at 11:37.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 12:33 (Ref:191895)   #23
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Is that why he's moonlighting with a bit of testing?
Exactly, and looking for a drive in 2002 - there is no money in aviation these days, you see...
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:36 (Ref:191951)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
there is no money in aviation these days, you see...
But you were talking a while ago of Mercedes making a return.........

Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:38 (Ref:191952)   #25
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
But you were talking a while ago of Mercedes making a return.........

No, that's aerobatics