Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:17 (Ref:303984)   #1
Noddy
Rookie

Noddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tired of f3

Get this - apparently, after all the 'hoo haa' the Clerk of the Course actually gave ADR their appeal money back and lessened the charge to something like 'weaving across the track to impede another driver's line'. I don't know whether they realised that Robbie actually had a camera pod fixed to his car!! probably not from the way they went about it, and probably because they thought Kerr and his team would roll over!

(mmmm....weaving across track..brake testing....brands hatch....mmmm...)

I never even saw the thing between Courtney and Kerr but from what I heard the whole thing is absolutely laughable - I mean after the **** driving at Knockhill if you didn't laugh you would have to cry, It's a jubalee joke innit!!!!

Apparently, anyone who witnessed the event as a spectator could be called as a witness before the appeal hearing to add even more evidence. I say pull your finger out, stand up and come forward before the whole thing gets screwed up and we lose all hope of a fair race in f3.

Cummon' lets face it, after some of the rubbish driving we have had to endure this season in f3 I'll say it even if most people won't - the people in charge are spineless and this is no way to go about proving that they can make decisive decisions.

Go on boys make someone the 'fall guy' at he expense of real talent - it's not as though we haven't seen it all before.

So Courtney and Co. have filled their nappy again and as usual the 'powers that be' - and the rest of us - will change it for him......again.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:50 (Ref:303999)   #2
flange-tastic
Rookie

flange-tastic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what the hell ?????

for a start . if your gonna send f3's round knockhill then what do you expect! the cars are too much for that track and shouldnt be there (same way you shouldnt be here!)

No kerr didnt brake test him i can tell you that for a fact right now!!!! BUT if james was far enuf allong side to hit him in the side pod (as he did) then kerr has no excuse!!!!
IT'S kerrs fault !!!!!!

Sorry, had to remove one sentence - a trifle offensive mate!

Last edited by Francesca; 4 Jun 2002 at 18:14.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 07:26 (Ref:304087)   #3
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James was BEHIND Robbie and landed on top of Robbie's sidepod, James' car lifted up after hitting the rear wheel of Robbie's car.

It does seem that some drivers can get away with anything and the clerk of the course will do nothing about it.

There many questions been asked within the F3 community about the competeny of the clerk of the course and obvious misinterpretation of various incedents this season. The series organisers should be considering, before Castle Coombe, if the current clerk of the course is up to the job.

Last edited by Francesca; 4 Jun 2002 at 18:55.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 07:31 (Ref:304088)   #4
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree Flange...
Kerr is an accident waiting to happen regardless of the course he is driving at....He could be compared to Knockhill - keep F3 away from both of them!!!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 08:10 (Ref:304107)   #5
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well cant replace the clerk, because he is from BARC. If BARC had not put the neccessary funding behind the F3 championship this year it would not have gone ahead, so then he wont go.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 08:16 (Ref:304112)   #6
El_Gibleto
Veteran

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is the BRDC F3 championship, I can't remember the BARC ever funding anything. The BARC provide race organisation services for some of the events, but it is a BRDC championship, read the regs!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 08:17 (Ref:304113)   #7
El_Gibleto
Veteran

NB the F3 regs are avalable as a pdf file on the brdc website www.brdc.co.uk
Old 4 Jun 2002, 13:44 (Ref:304437)   #8
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't it go something along the lines of the rights to F3 historically being owned jointly by BARC and the BRDC? (except probably BMP now own the BRDC's share). There hasn't always been a BARC clerk, in the last few years it was a clerk from the BRDC organisation, I don't think that there is any set system for which organisation a clerk should come from.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 13:45 (Ref:304438)   #9
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever was filming the race, was present at the appeal, footage was looked at and the outcome we know, Both drivers were present, and from what i gather they were laughing and joking with each other....
I was probably the closest person to this incident, on post 18,Kerr was not weaving, he protected his line, it will be interesting to see what reactions there are after we have seen it on tv, i wonder if members views will change then ?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:09 (Ref:304557)   #10
B/Mark
Racer

B/Mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Stewards had the benefit of footage from cameras on Taylor, Courtney and Kerr, together with the circuit cameras. They thought about it until about 9.30 on Sunday evening, not a rushed decision. They found him guilty of serious crowding and endorsed his license.
The clerk of the course took action immediately after the presentations without any driver protest, but with the benefit of two observers reports. He may have been slow to act earlier this season but that does not make this action wrong.
If a driver is going to make an illegal move then Silverstone is a stupid place to do it.
The TV showed a similar move by Kerr on Taylor at Knockhill, but without a protest he got away with it, but his luck had to run out somewhere.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:06 (Ref:304605)   #11
Garaputo
Rookie

Garaputo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This post has been deleted due to the bad language used. Please all note that bad language is not wanted on this forum.

Last edited by Francesca; 4 Jun 2002 at 18:02.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:35 (Ref:304624)   #12
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
calm it down!!!!!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 18:03 (Ref:304643)   #13
Clerk
Rookie

Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Knockhill Mark Taylor went into Robbies tent and
apologised for his brain fade (fact)
At silverstone the charge to Robbie was changed because
the initial charge brought forward from the aussie (smooth talker) you all love - was thrown out after evidence was taken into account. So what did they do !! they changed the charge to crowding !! dont think you can do that can you --
if you throw someone out - they apeal and prove it to be wrong you can't just change the charge - watch this space !!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 18:05 (Ref:304646)   #14
Clerk
Rookie

Garaputo -- so nice to have an intellectual conversation with you
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:16 (Ref:304708)   #15
B/Mark
Racer

Mark Taylor, apologise to kerr for something kerr did wrong, that is pure FICTION.
I didn't see Garaputo's contribution - it must have been the height of erudition!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:304737)   #16
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as well, perhaps. Such language hardly ever moves a topic of conversation along.

I've heard several versions from a group of people who said they saw it the Kerr/Courtney incident.

Most say what Kerr did was borderline but just about legitimate and Courtney ended up going over his rear wheel and on to the top of his sidepod.

I guess we'll all be able to forge our own judgements when we see it on TV. Watch this thread!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:57 (Ref:304743)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
scuse me for being blonde, but when's it on telly? are we talking 8 weeks time, or some time in the next fortnight?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 20:47 (Ref:304788)   #18
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella, next weekend, Saturday i think, and at or around 7.30 am...
Old 4 Jun 2002, 21:26 (Ref:304805)   #19
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thought GT was on next weekend?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 22:56 (Ref:304851)   #20
Clerk
Rookie

I know taylor said that b/mark - i heard him -
also i was alarmed at knockhill at the hairpin the
stewards didn't know what flags to put out.i know most of them are volunteers but chatting to your family whilst the race is on - no wonder incidents whent on unnoticed !!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:30 (Ref:305331)   #21
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't tell me I missed the coverage from croft or will that be on with silverstone as it was only the one race?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:07 (Ref:305396)   #22
pitpopsie
Racer

United Kingdom
Indiana
pitpopsie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clerk... Do you wear/need hearing aids????
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:36 (Ref:305468)   #23
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Clerk
...I was alarmed at knockhill at the hairpin the
stewards didn't know what flags to put out. I know most of them are volunteers but chatting to your family whilst the race is on - no wonder incidents whent on unnoticed !!
I take my hat off to you, Clerk. The spectator area is, I believe, a fair step away from the flagmarshal's post at the hairpin. Unless you were actually marshalling, your powers of observation are truly remarkable. To spot that those delegated to wave the flag were track stewards, rather than flag marshals, to be able to discern above the sound of the F3 engines that the conversations were with family members is an exceptional feat.

If you are not already a member of the ranks of marshals, you are truly missing your vocation. Sign up at once. They definitely need you.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:19 (Ref:305558)   #24
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Clerk
I know taylor said that b/mark - i heard him -
also i was alarmed at knockhill at the hairpin the
stewards didn't know what flags to put out.i know most of them are volunteers but chatting to your family whilst the race is on - no wonder incidents whent on unnoticed !!
After some of the driving standards I have seen this season, there really seems little point in waving them anyway IMO, as most of the drivers seem to ignore them!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:30 (Ref:305568)   #25
B/Mark
Racer

The clerk of the course ignored them too as there was definitely overtaking under yellows at the hairpin.