Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3746202)   #2051
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was a clever reference to the Red Water Delta, this lot appear to have missed it in their attempts to denigrate your tea.

Amazed your tea bags are in the van long enough to go mouldy. I thought turnover was pretty high from everyone popping in for a brew!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Jun 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3746203)   #2052
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
That was a clever reference to the Red Water Delta, this lot appear to have missed it in their attempts to denigrate your tea.

Amazed your tea bags are in the van long enough to go mouldy. I thought turnover was pretty high from everyone popping in for a brew!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Ah yes, I hadn't realised that Delta was already at Spa.

Wonder what they put in the water to make it that colour - there is of course a toilet block above the babbling brook.

Just a reminder to all those making the trip to Spa this weekend, please don't ask for French Fries. It seems to be a sensitive subject in Belgium at the moment & could cause an international incident!
Old 23 Jun 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3746209)   #2053
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had porridge for breakfast this morning, very smooth it was too, English Breakfast tea made with perfectly preserved tea bags, no signs of deterioration in the quality.
Taking Mrs. B and her friend Polly to a garden centre later this morning, it has been recommended by our neighbour across the road, Maureen as being a worth a visit. Personally I avoid such places wherever possible, as they are even more boring than some of the trivia one reads here, however, there is supposed to be a nice café so perhaps the tea bags won't be mouldy.

Another typical bright and sunny day here in Bedfordshire, Mrs. B wants it to rain to avoid having to water the garden, and I pray that it does, as I usually get dragooned in to filing watering cans as we can't afford a hose pipe.

Oh! Before I forget to tell you, it is 11.9 miles to the GC according to Google, so a nice drive along some fairly sporting country lanes. That I will enjoy.

Well have a nice day chaps and do well in whatever endeavours you attempt today.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3746211)   #2054
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We described the starting issue to him, and he suggested it was almost certainly a 'leaking injector sleeve'

Just shows that there are some clever people out there, and they don't necessarily work for main dealers or franchises!

Not being funny Mike but that is the first thing that should be checked on any common rail diesel engine. it happens all the time and easily checked with a cheap "leak back" set.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3746236)   #2055
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Had porridge for breakfast this morning, very smooth it was too, English Breakfast tea made with perfectly preserved tea bags, no signs of deterioration in the quality.
Taking Mrs. B and her friend Polly to a garden centre later this morning, it has been recommended by our neighbour across the road, Maureen as being a worth a visit. Personally I avoid such places wherever possible, as they are even more boring than some of the trivia one reads here, however, there is supposed to be a nice café so perhaps the tea bags won't be mouldy.

Another typical bright and sunny day here in Bedfordshire, Mrs. B wants it to rain to avoid having to water the garden, and I pray that it does, as I usually get dragooned in to filing watering cans as we can't afford a hose pipe.

Oh! Before I forget to tell you, it is 11.9 miles to the GC according to Google, so a nice drive along some fairly sporting country lanes. That I will enjoy.

Well have a nice day chaps and do well in whatever endeavours you attempt today.

Cheers,

Bauble.

Well, what an exciting life a lot of you lead .
Reading some of the current posts I realise I am missing out on so much .
The only interesting thing I have done for a long time is watching the local rabbits going Ski Jumping .
Old 23 Jun 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3746237)   #2056
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
The only interesting thing I have done for a long time is watching the local rabbits going Ski Jumping .

Is that what's meant by 'bunny hopping'?

Or is he just Bob-Bob-Bobbing along?
Old 23 Jun 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3746238)   #2057
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Not being funny Mike but that is the first thing that should be checked on any common rail diesel engine. it happens all the time and easily checked with a cheap "leak back" set.

Gordon, I number you among the 'clever people' mentioned.... For me, anything more than plugs and points, plus a sidedraft Weber or two and I'm lost...... I'm not sure if the 'leakage' in this case is combustion gasses or fuel, and whether a cheap tester is available that can be used on a 13 litre truck engine!

Just back from hospital having finally had it confirmed that there nowt wrong with my leg that time won't heal. Over two weeks since my 2 wheel'd faux pas at Dijon and still swollen. Stop using it, seems to be the easy answer. While in the waiting room, bumped into a friend that haven't seen about for several months. Now I know why, he hobbled over with one of those Meccano like frames attached to his lower leg. Looks hideous. Had it for 3 months already, after breakage playing footy..... Thinking how lucky I am.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3746260)   #2058
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have frequently worried about the sanity of certain people who post here (you know them VGT MH etc.), but sometimes there is no need to wonder it is perfectly plain for all to see.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3746261)   #2059
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have frequently worried about the sanity of certain people who post here (you know them VGT MH etc.), but sometimes there is no need to wonder it is perfectly plain for all to see.
Baub, I hope you enjoyed your garden centre trip earlier? Did the café live up to your expectations following such a solid recommendation? I hope y9ou had cakes with your cuppa.
On the subject of cakes. Tomorrow is our Annual Village carnival and Mrs GT has taken a stall to sell he magnificent home made cakes and other goodies. I have taken a days leave from my usual day job to help in the packaging & labelling department. Would you like a list of all the different types of cake,pastyries, flapjacks and biscuits that I've been labelling today?
Old 23 Jun 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3746265)   #2060
bauble
Veteran

England
Well! A bitter disappointment! The Garden Centre was even more boring than the usual type, had none of the plants Mrs Baub wanted, and did not have a café at all.
A long cross country drive ensued as I had to take the ladies to another centre where a decent café was part of the attraction, indeed it turned out that since our last visit the 'cafe' had become a fully fledged restaurant. Very flash, so not too cheap either.

All-in-all perhaps labelling homemade puddings might have been a better option.

Like you Viv, I feel sorry for those sad types who have to spend their humdrum lived trolling around the continent in unreliable foreign trucks loaded with mouldy tea bags.

Oh, what chance of the admirable Mrs Vauxhall donating a few of her excellent comestibles to the Marshal's Prize Draw fund?

Every little helps.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3746277)   #2061
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=bauble;3746265

Oh, what chance of the admirable Mrs Vauxhall donating a few of her excellent comestibles to the Marshal's Prize Draw fund?

Every little helps.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could donate some slices from your mighty birthday cake?.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3746279)   #2062
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little pictorial quiz from the BBC on former and present GP circuits. Ashamed to admit, only 9/10 for me. What about you lot who have just a couple of minutes to spare?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40346569
Old 23 Jun 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3746281)   #2063
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Well! A bitter disappointment! The Garden Centre was even more boring than the usual type, had none of the plants Mrs Baub wanted, and did not have a café at all.
A long cross country drive ensued as I had to take the ladies to another centre where a decent café was part of the attraction, indeed it turned out that since our last visit the 'cafe' had become a fully fledged restaurant. Very flash, so not too cheap either.

All-in-all perhaps labelling homemade puddings might have been a better option.

Like you Viv, I feel sorry for those sad types who have to spend their humdrum lived trolling around the continent in unreliable foreign trucks loaded with mouldy tea bags.

Every little helps.
That would be nice, all washed-down with a lovely cup of tea, courtesy of Delta & Alan Morgan!!
Old 23 Jun 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3746283)   #2064
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.D View Post
Maybe you could donate some slices from your mighty birthday cake?.
Still trying to source sufficient candles to set ablaze, once the Fire Brigade have assembled their hoses.
Don't panic if Dunstable becomes hidden under a mighty cloud of smoke, it will soon clear away.

PS; Any cards sent should contain large sums of money in keeping with local tradition, and I'll treat you at the Pikey's Charp.

Every time I look over my shoulder I see you not far behind, but then I always did.

RF
Old 23 Jun 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3746289)   #2065
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Gordon, I number you among the 'clever people' mentioned.... For me, anything more than plugs and points, plus a sidedraft Weber or two and I'm lost...... I'm not sure if the 'leakage' in this case is combustion gasses or fuel, and whether a cheap tester is available that can be used on a 13 litre truck engine!

Mike common rail diesel engines all work pretty well all the same, all of the injectors are under a constant pressure up to 15000 yes 15000 (or more) psi via a "common rail" from a serious HP pump. the injectors are fired electrically from a crank sensor via the ECU.
If one of the return valves in an injector goes on the blink then the rail will not have sufficient pressure to fire the diesel into the engine and it will not start because it affects all of the cylinders and the diesel will be returned to the fuel tank.
Sometimes the engine will start and keep running but if the valve gets really bad the engine will stop completely, unlike the old style rotary diesel pumps that had separate feeds to the injectors, if the same thing happened to an injector then the engine would start up with that cylinder misfiring.

I would think a cheap tester would work on any common rail engine as it only collects the quantity of fuel being returned to the tank from all of the separate injectors whilst running via a number of bottles that you hang up and you can see what one is at fault. An old tech tool in a high tech world !!
although I expect the Volvo tester probably costs a fortune !
This is in the most simple terms that I can say as I am sitting by the pool in high 30s heat.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3746317)   #2066
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What is?

Old 23 Jun 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3746320)   #2067
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had best day ever . After last weekend at Cadwell seemed to have everyone moaning at me this weekend at Spa makes last weekend seem light years away .,Day started with bike ride into Stavelot to get Quassons. Bit of work on the.the cars then went of again around old Spa track . Popping into super market for supplies. Got back to track bit of lunch and a nap in the sun . "I am very nearly an OAP😀".Drivers briefing and just about everyone had time for a chat and then Peter said hello so wished him happy birthday. Qualy this evening and car is running well and I thought how lucky am I to be driving around Spa on a lovely summers evening . Quick shower and back on bike back down to Stavelot for more beer and pizza.Just when things can't get any better I get back to van and MG David is waiting with fresh T Bags .How good is that . Night all,looking forward to sounds of the 60's first thing .
Old 23 Jun 2017, 22:04 (Ref:3746323)   #2068
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cadwell.

For context.
Attached Thumbnails
1024px_60_HSCC_Cadwell_Park_June_2017-06-18_IMG_0098.jpg  
Old 24 Jun 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3746371)   #2069
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
What is?

Sorry Grant, I meant to persons with a basic level of common sense

Ski jumping leverets??

Leave it 'aht!
Old 24 Jun 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3746376)   #2070
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Ski jumping leverets??

Leave it 'aht!
Are you splitting Hares?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3746403)   #2071
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:

Ski jumping leverets??

Leave it 'aht!
Well, you avoided any guidance about the sanity (in a remarkably adept sentence of which even the most skilled politician would be proud). The more I thought about it the less clear the point became.

I thought it worthy of asking (possibly rhetorically) for guidance.

But in the end I suspect that you were, in your own way, leaving it up to the reader to decide whether all here are, individually, realistically sane or barking mad hatter bonkers.

Do you have to be a leveret to be mad to go ski jumping at dusk? Or is a vivid imagination enough?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3746414)   #2072
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well, you avoided any guidance about the sanity (in a remarkably adept sentence of which even the most skilled politician would be proud). The more I thought about it the less clear the point became.

I thought it worthy of asking (possibly rhetorically) for guidance.

But in the end I suspect that you were, in your own way, leaving it up to the reader to decide whether all here are, individually, realistically sane or barking mad hatter bonkers.

Do you have to be a leveret to be mad to go ski jumping at dusk? Or is a vivid imagination enough?

Grant, In my expert opinion it is quite obvious that several regular posters on this forum are, if not stark staring, definitely mad to some degree. I did indicate in cryptic fashion the identity of two of the most obvious characters, but left it to a sort of 'If the hat fits wear it' judgement for people to make for themselves as to others. The tenor or you post quoted above, would suggest to me that you are entirely sane, although I might be mad to say it.
Would you use for instance Vauxhall Velox as a user name when you did actually have one?

Get my drift?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3746440)   #2073
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not sure if Bauble is suggesting that I am mad because I have a 911S & also have that as part of a username .

Or because I like watching rabbits Ski Jumping .
Old 24 Jun 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3746450)   #2074
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The more I thought about it the less clear the point became.
Grant, is this sentence a direct link to this one of yours too: remarkably adept sentence of which even the most skilled politician would be proud. ?
By the way I did ignore you were using living ducks for ball trap. Its a wild world…
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3746454)   #2075
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Brilliant