Adrian Sutil 10 30.30%
Jules Bianchi 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3208872)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Force India-Second driver...

Okay if you are on the board of directors at Force India who do you choose..

Go ahead, and explain why please...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3208873)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Way more experience, and a better driver...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3208881)   #3
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sutil , purely for the experience but I am sure I read that there may be worries about travel because of his conviction .
Old 22 Feb 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3208891)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I don't believe that to be an issue otherwise the team would not be testing him..
Old 22 Feb 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3208901)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Sutil for experience. Bianchi for the short term, and some cash and/or Ferrari engines next season. Karthikeyan just for cash.

hmmmm.........

It's not easy.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3208950)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bianchi. One of the strongest junior category CVs of drivers not in F1, discounted Ferrari engines for next year and someone who isn't cancer for sponsorship.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3209010)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
jules, he's damn quick, he delivers, his blonde moments are relatively infrequent, and he's a good racer too. his racing brain is pretty much second to none.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3209020)   #8
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jules - he's shown in the junior categories that he has the racecraft and the drive. I think the new blood deserves the chance here, given that FI have di Resta with a couple of year's experience - if their other driver was a rookie, I might choose the other way.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3209021)   #9
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
jules, he's damn quick, he delivers, his blonde moments are relatively infrequent, and he's a good racer too. his racing brain is pretty much second to none.
I don't disagree with that at all!

But the question is "If you were on the board..." and I think 2014 and engines/drivetrain must be a factor in all this?

That might be be red herring though....
Old 22 Feb 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3209028)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
looking at it if i was on the board? well, i'd be privy to a lot more information than i am now - for example, the commercial offers from both ferrari and mercedes, the amount of work that changing the engine supplier (and technology provider, whatever that means) entails, exactly how big a factor money is in all this and exactly how critical wallet girth is in all this.

without all that knowledge i can only assume it's purely down to driver factors. it's not as if we know who has the best commercial offering on the table
Old 22 Feb 2013, 11:47 (Ref:3209047)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Neither of those. I'd go for Kamui Kobayashi because he's pretty quick and coming on quite well.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3209102)   #12
Wasted Talent
Rookie

Wasted Talent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Sutil - too much Groundhog Day going on....

WT
Old 22 Feb 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3209105)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Sutil. People forget he had a blinder of a season in 2011. He pushed that car real, real hard!

Selby
Old 22 Feb 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3209114)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Sutil. People forget he had a blinder of a season in 2011. He pushed that car real, real hard!

Selby
I remember the season. I just don't remember it being outstanding?
Old 22 Feb 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3209115)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would i have the guts to make the hard call? Sutil is good but a known quantity. if he does well would anyone notice?
its a risk but with the rookie you have a chance to confound expectations and if it works then thats a lot of positive attention for the team which could use it.

if he comes with a cheap engine deal then the risk becomes more manageable.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3209124)   #16
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bianchi. Out with the old and in with the new. Sutil has too much baggage and Bianchi has a fresh impetus which could lead to additional support for the team from 2014
Old 22 Feb 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3209127)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Neither of those. I'd go for Kamui Kobayashi because he's pretty quick and coming on quite well.

Okay but one of these drivers is going to get the drive so...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3209143)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am going to throw a spanner in the works because this wont happen. BUT I would have taken Adrian and Jules and let Paul go...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3209154)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am going to throw a spanner in the works because this wont happen. BUT I would have taken Adrian and Jules and let Paul go...
The only way that would have happened is if they had moved to Ferrari engines this season.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3209187)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Okay but one of these drivers is going to get the drive so...
Bianchi because Sutil doesn't look like he could be great (the known quantity thing). That said, should we be discarding competent drivers because of this?

I know little of Bianchi, so I'm not well-placed to comment, but from what I've read here he's taking a while to get good form, so he seems to be in a fortunate place with Force India (I'm mainly thinking of how I've interpreted bella's comments previously).
Old 22 Feb 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3209353)   #21
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well said Sir ! I voted Sutil but i thought the same thing . Did not want to post it for fear of being shot down and laughed at !!
Old 22 Feb 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3209356)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Well said Sir ! I voted Sutil but i thought the same thing . Did not want to post it for fear of being shot down and laughed at !!
You should never fear posting what you feel, as long as it is polite...
Old 22 Feb 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3209379)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I choose Sutil for fear of being beat up by him if I chose someone else.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3209389)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I choose Sutil for fear of being beat up by him if I chose someone else.
What..
Old 22 Feb 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3209393)   #25
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Sutil's a good driver... and has lots of experience. The only reason Bianchi is an option is because Sutil's got a lot of emotional "baggage".