Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Rosberg 45 52.94%
Hamilton 0 0%
Alonso 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Vettel 0 0%
Webber 0 0%
Raikkonen 1 1.18%
Grosjean 1 1.18%
Button 0 0%
Perez 3 3.53%
Vergne 1 1.18%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
di Resta 3 3.53%
Sutil 31 36.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 May 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3253408)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Monaco Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the day?
Old 26 May 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3253464)   #2
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg for his dominance.. Sutil for his overtaking.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3253465)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it can only be Nico Rosberg really. Top four all drove fine, but Nico had an edge on them all.

The only person who had a bad one in the top ten was Alonso oddly enough. Button seemed to have a bad race but wound up in a great position at the end so good recovery. But Alonso seemed to be on snooze.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3253469)   #4
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Di Resta for a well driven race from the back and some clean overtakes.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3253470)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nico, he deserved.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3253477)   #6
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rosberg for me, Vettel didn't even bother to put some pressure on him and all of them just cruised the whole race, but it was a home win with a dominant weekend nevertheless.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3253492)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Rosberg's weekend. H.M. for Sutil!
Old 26 May 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3253497)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg. Well deserved, dominated all weekend and in the race itself showed that dominance in the restarts.
Old 26 May 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3253510)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The safety car driver isn't up there so, Nico (unsung) Rosberg. Good on him.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3253551)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some real lame ass stuff from Perez, driving like that against your team mate does you no favours and then basically putting your car in a place where it is impossible for the other guy to make the corner or do anything other than cut a chicane is utterly lame

He should be penalized for the next race in my opinion

Cretinous behaviour and also very dangerous.

Monaco is a place where you drive with your head, and he drove like a karter today, complete berk
Old 26 May 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3253557)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg controlled it well, but Sutil showed what you can do around the streets when you you overtake without barging people out of the way like Perez. I agree with chunder - Perez should have been penalised. Sutil for me.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3253637)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Has to be Nico - the drivers have to deal with this lame tyre situation and he dealt with it well, didn't see him put a foot wrong. Great result with the synergy of family history.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3253663)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Has to be Nico.....I felt Vettel really shot himself in the foot with that "2 seconds quicker than anyone else" stunt......if he could go that much quicker, even if only for a few laps, he should at least have tried to put pressure on Nico, instead od being in cruise mode all race.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3253671)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sutil for some nice overtakes.

You don't want follow-my-leader, so its good to see Di Resta & Sutil making up places. However, it always looked like Perez's race would end in tears - he was going for it, but a number of his moves could have ended in disaster.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3253683)   #15
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Sutil for showing that you can overtake at Monaco. Rosberg was immaculate, but I'm afraid he had benefitted from more seat time in testing than the other drivers.

Grosjean I did consider, considering his help for the British economy in managing four crashes in three days.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3253704)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Some real lame ass stuff from Perez, driving like that against your team mate does you no favours and then basically putting your car in a place where it is impossible for the other guy to make the corner or do anything other than cut a chicane is utterly lame

He should be penalized for the next race in my opinion

Cretinous behaviour and also very dangerous.

Monaco is a place where you drive with your head, and he drove like a karter today, complete berk
Didn't Button do exactly the same thing to Perez in the beginning? There was no way in hell that corner is a 2-car corner, but Button threw it up the inside, Perez had no choice but to go through the chicane or crash. At least where Perez was doing it that is a place where you can pass, and CAN get two cars through it, rarely.

I don't think either should be penalised though. It's not Perez's fault that Monaco is so tight that almost the only way you can pass is taking another drivers line away.

They'd all do the same.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3253710)   #17
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico was THE MAN from start to finish.

Perez and Grosjean need to be sent out of F1 back to drive go-carts.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3253713)   #18
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
Nico was THE MAN from start to finish.

Perez and Grosjean need to be sent out of F1 back to drive go-carts.
Grosjean and Perez taking what could have been a seat for Kobayashi has irked me. Really clueless racing from those two. But Sutil needs a seat in a top team. He should take Massa's spot
Old 27 May 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3253737)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for surprising the commentators when he crossed the finish line for the final point.
Old 27 May 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3253763)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi for surprising the commentators when he crossed the finish line for the final point.
That was great !
Old 27 May 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3253768)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for not taking Perez's over ambitious crap like everyone else did. If the old tyre bundle had of beed there he wouldn't have done it after his attempt at Button because they both would have been out!

Actually I would like to to see them remove that chicane and run straight into Tabac just like the old days, then we could have a genuine passing straight (just don't run wide!)

Nah, Sutil
Old 27 May 2013, 03:40 (Ref:3253796)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just youtubed Kimi's pass on Hulkenberg....a good pass! Too bad it was missed on tv. I couldn't find footage where he passed Bottas.
Old 27 May 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3253818)   #23
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd actually very much like to see Kimi win the WC this year.
Old 27 May 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3253830)   #24
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Perez ... only bloke who made it interesting
Old 27 May 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3253840)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nico, solid drive, even with the "resets" with S/C & race stops he did the business each time.