Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3253976)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh yes, but http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107691
Old 27 May 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3253979)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Ouchies. Not too surprised. Could have been a dangerous one, that.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a new driver take that penalty for him in Canada (that is how it works in that scenario, isn't it?).

Selby
Old 27 May 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3253993)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Grosjean does seem to be running out of lives. You can have all the speed in the world, but if you can't unlock it, there's no point in you being there. I think he'll see out the season but I'd expect a new face at Lotus next year.
Old 27 May 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3254017)   #29
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus lost 56 million last year. If Grosjean keeps squandering points then they will also lose Kimi. I sense replacement sooner than later. It's funny that peripheral vision was mentioned and how it may be lacking for Grosj. Gilles V apparently had beyond excellent peri vision almost to the point of having eyes in the back of his head.

Heikki was seen in Monaco all suited up...not in a race suit. Driver interview maybe? HHeikki, keep your phone on.
Old 27 May 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3254024)   #30
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a degree of sympathy for Fat John: he has got himself trapped between the risk of crashing and the risk of being too slow, and he just can't find the right balance. I can imagine the little wheels spinning round inside his head "A bit slow - must push harder - ooooooooops, wham, bam, crash, ugh - Excuse me Eric. How many sets of suspension did you bring this weekend?"

F1 is not a sympathetic place to live though, and I think he is on borrowed time. I doubt he will be directly fired before the next race but the best he can hope for is to see out this season. More probably he will be replaced within the next three races.
Old 27 May 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3254044)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After looking back on the latest Grosjean episode he might be getting too much of the blame, although he is definitely on the hook for his stupidity. Doubt he was expecting Ricciardo to break that early but he was risking it shadowing him that closely and when Ricciardo brake checked him, or even just lifted a little, it was over. Sadly this one left a vivid picture of debris everywhere and a grid penalty to hurt himself and the team and that can leave a lasting memory.
Old 27 May 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3254098)   #32
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
After looking back on the latest Grosjean episode he might be getting too much of the blame, although he is definitely on the hook for his stupidity. Doubt he was expecting Ricciardo to break that early but he was risking it shadowing him that closely and when Ricciardo brake checked him, or even just lifted a little, it was over. Sadly this one left a vivid picture of debris everywhere and a grid penalty to hurt himself and the team and that can leave a lasting memory.
If Dan brake checked him it would appear in the data that the stewards would have access to, and could have taken appropriate action.
Old 27 May 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3254100)   #33
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be a little surprised if Grosjean were to be replaced before the end of the season as the only alternatives would be a rookie (such as Valsecchi, with the team having to put up with the possibility of some rookie errors) or taking a more experienced, if perhaps uninspiring driver with little knowledge of the 2012 car (such as d'Ambrosio or another driver). Whilst Grosjean has his faults; there is no doubting that he can be quick on his day. 2014 is another story of cause.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3254117)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If Dan brake checked him it would appear in the data that the stewards would have access to, and could have taken appropriate action.
Exactly. Despite how it may appear from the outside to us, also the fact that Lotus did not lodge an appeal... I think we have to assume this was Grosjean's fault.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3254119)   #35
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I would be a little surprised if Grosjean were to be replaced before the end of the season as the only alternatives would be a rookie (such as Valsecchi, with the team having to put up with the possibility of some rookie errors) or taking a more experienced, if perhaps uninspiring driver with little knowledge of the 2012 car (such as d'Ambrosio or another driver). Whilst Grosjean has his faults; there is no doubting that he can be quick on his day. 2014 is another story of cause.
If it were down to me I'd be thinking Heikki or Kamui for the remainder of this season and hedging my bets for 2014. Given Grosjean's previous and current form, doing nothing would seem to be a bit dumb.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3254122)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
agreed.

the stewards have much more info then we do. that doesnt mean they always get it right but if there was any evidence against Riccardo then i would think Lotus would have made that case after the race and to the press...neither of which they have done.

instead they seem to be letting Grosjean flap in the wind with no press releases of support or positive spin on his race. as of today he seems a man alone.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3254124)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
There's nothing wrong with Romain Grosjean's raw driving talent. Nothing at all. Infact, I would go as far as to say he is probably in the top 5 'fastest' drivers on the grid. The problem Grosjean has is mental, a concentration issue. He loses focus too easily. Grosjean does not need driver coaching, as was once offered to him by sir Jackie Stewart. He's got plenty of raw driving talent. He needs to get his mental space sorted when on the track, and then we would see a different picture.
But driver coaching would help him sort his mental side. It is all about mental preparation and how you think through a race. This is Grosjean's problem.

I couldn't believe the stick JYS got for suggesting coaching, but I keep forgetting this is F1 and progressive thinking is always second to being macho. Shame really, as Grosjean is now in a tough position but he knows best obviously...
Old 27 May 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3254129)   #38
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Although I want Grosjean to stay with Lotus, CAN YOU IMAGINE KIMI AND HEIKKI TOGETHER? Brilliant !!!!
Old 27 May 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3254133)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
agreed.

the stewards have much more info then we do. that doesn't mean they always get it right.....

Like Alonso having to let Perez past......
Old 27 May 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3254135)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heikki?
Old 27 May 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3254160)   #41
GTE
Rookie

Netherlands
GTE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Kamui anywhere near the frame? He seems to be pretty tied up with Ferrari. As an AF Corse-driver (practically a factoryteam) and he has tested a 2010 Ferrari Formula 1 car earlier today.

I suppose Boulliers patience is running low, but I am not too sure about the alternatives. No doubt Grosjean is quick but his judgment seems to be a bit off at times, which is a BIG handicap for any racingdriver.
Old 27 May 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3254211)   #42
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
Is Kamui anywhere near the frame? He seems to be pretty tied up with Ferrari. As an AF Corse-driver (practically a factoryteam) and he has tested a 2010 Ferrari Formula 1 car earlier today.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't an out in whatever contract Kamui has with Ferrari to allow him to take up an F1 race offer if it became available.
Old 27 May 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3254253)   #43
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question out of ignorance: are Grosjeans driving standards being reviewed by Lotus internally, or by the FIA as part of his superlicence? A lot of the comments here are working on the assumption that Lotus will decide when / if he goes. If the FIA decide to pull his licence for being a plank then the issue of who replaces him boils down to simply who has a licence and is available on short notice. Given Mystic Eddie's success ratio for predictions I wouldn't put money on Grosjean racing in Canada just now.
Old 27 May 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3254266)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Link?????

Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 May 2013, 02:53 (Ref:3254313)   #45
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not so concerned about Grosjean's number of incidents. Although 4 crashes at Monaco is a lot. Eventually the incidents will come down.

I remember a certain 7 times world champion and possibly the greatest driver in history having a massive rear ender twice in one year during his comeback. Webber had a beauty at Singapore was it...

I'd be more concerned with Grosjean not keeping up with Kimi, at all. Apart from his single podium, he's been nowhere near Kimi's pace, and for someone with his experience he should be closer. He was last year, but it seems that might have been more to do with Kimi still getting up to speed.

There's no way I'd get rid of him yet though. You're only replacing him with a F1 outcast like Kobayashi, Kovi, Alwasari (screw the correct spelling) - there's no reason why any of these guys would be faster than Grosjean. None won the Gp2 title. Remember who won the last IROC, beating Schumi and Vettel?
Old 28 May 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3254317)   #46
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Romain will stay with Lotus... at least for Canadian GP.
Old 28 May 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3254358)   #47
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Link?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Thanks GTR, but I was only kiddin'. Some people around here seem to get their panties in a knot if you don't post a "link".
Old 28 May 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3254359)   #48
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In F1 of course a driver needs to be quick AND consistent.......just being quick is no good at all...

And for that reason........he's fired
Old 28 May 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3254361)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What have they got to replace him and how will that effect sponsors etc
Old 28 May 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3254423)   #50
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, true. They'd lose Total, presumably.

Although you'd have to wonder if Nokia would want to get involved if they did get Heikki.

That'd be the first (ever?) all Finnish line-up in some time!

Selby