Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3726110)   #1
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Räikkönen versus Vettel 2017

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this. Anyway, I started one.

The two Ferrari drivers(who apparently are friends and table tennis players).

It does seem that Ferrari is Vettel's team nowadays. They just seem to be around him now. Kimi is strong - but I wouldn't say that he was the Kimi of old(especially compared to his McLaren days). It does look likely that this will be his last season in F1.

Vettel is jointly leading the WDC. He also soundly thrashed Kimi at China last weekend.

Anyway, share your thoughts on this inter-team tangle?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3726112)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not really seeing much of a contest. Vettel is the team leader, in reality if not in hard print. Kimi will perform well from time to time, but I doubt that he will give Vettel much grief over the course of the season. (Sorry Pete..... ).
Old 13 Apr 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3726128)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if there is a clear team hierarchy at this point, then i wonder why Ferrari didnt tell Kimi to move over (or why Kimi on his own didnt move over) for SV....i suspect this will change as the season goes on and the battle for WDC gets tighter.

also doubt it will lead to any acrimony as Kimi was more than willing to play the role of wing man during Massa's 2008 almost successful WDC campaign.

media black out during the pre season, no team orders (yet), competitive car right out of the gates, team harmony....not used to seeing this kind of Ferrari!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3726227)   #4
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
media black out during the pre season
And Ferrari have continued with their media black out during the season. The black out was in effect for certain days in Melbourne, China and also yesterday in Bahrain. No one in the team was allowed to talk, be interviewed, attend press conferences, etc.

In a sport where the fans are key, and the media is essential for reaching out to the fans, it's bemusing to think that a team like Ferrari would behave in such a way. Disrespectful to the sport even. Add to this the language used by the Ferrari drivers on the pit radio, it's a wonder they have any fans at all. Or have not been sanctioned in some way. It's no way for a so called 'top team' to represent the sport.

As for Kimi, he is nothing special. Over rated. Should've been booted out a long time ago.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3726283)   #5
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. I think there's such a thing as too much media exposure. Yes Fan access is good, but Ferrari have always been bad with media as far as I can recall. All they seem to be able to do is say how great they are, how winning is everything, how F1 is all about them, and how this will be their year. In light of that, media silence is somewhat refreshing.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3726352)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last win that Kimi had was back in 2013. Do you think he'll get another one at Ferrari?
Old 14 Apr 2017, 13:39 (Ref:3726360)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems for Kimi to win nowadays is for everything to be in place for him, otherwise he'll just cruise around and get points
Old 14 Apr 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3726375)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I like it. I think there's such a thing as too much media exposure. Yes Fan access is good, but Ferrari have always been bad with media as far as I can recall. All they seem to be able to do is say how great they are, how winning is everything, how F1 is all about them, and how this will be their year. In light of that, media silence is somewhat refreshing.
agreed. i also find it refreshing.

the media is a hungry animal and at some point you have to stop feeding the beast and it's appetite for manufactured controversy and click bait headlines.

so i dont think its a disservice to the fans nor is it disrespectful...imo, quite the opposite really.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 02:20 (Ref:3726490)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi reminds me of a pool shark. Vettel will score some points, gain some confidence and only to be thrashed by his team mate as the season goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3726492)   #10
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly can't see Kimi touching vettel in any meaningful manner all season. He's not in the same tier anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3726614)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm conflicted. In the first half of 2016, I thought Räikkönen was a busted flush and Ferrari should drop him. But once his contract was renewed, he really came on strongly, and outqualified Vettel more often than not. So the speed is still there; the question is, can he unlock it every weekend?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3726703)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously it comes down to issues with Kimi's car. Rear tire temp issues to under steer. Nothing to do with driver ability.

Old 15 Apr 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3726707)   #13
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sometimes I can't tell if people are trolling or not.

Vettel will win overall. He might have his down days, but over the course of a season he'll always beat Kimi.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3726729)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Look Vettel is no.1, Kimi is no.2. Kimi is in the twilight of his F1 career and he's fully aware of that so he's making hay whilst he can.
There will be fresh options for Ferrari come the end of the season.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 02:35 (Ref:3726765)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Maybe the ghost of Nigel Stepney once again sabotaging Kimi's car?

Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3727134)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

Round 3 to Vettel. Kimi had car issues again, saying he needed a restart for the ERU or something for most of the race.

It would be nice to see both Ferrari drivers on the podium. Kimi just doesn't seem to have the magic of the old days at the moment.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3727169)   #17
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Ferrari have forgotten they have a second car. I'm not concerned. It's only 3 races in.

Old 16 Apr 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3727186)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're 3 seasons in. I'm also not concerned.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3727201)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kimi's not happy with car currently, so he's cruising round collecting points
Old 17 Apr 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3727297)   #20
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kimi's not happy with car currently, so he's cruising round collecting points
And going for fastest laps at the end of a Grand Prix! He regularly attempts this, it seem. Even though he appears quite lacklustre for the most of the time,

Does Kimi have the record for number of fastest race laps ever in F1?
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3727332)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lacklustre performance. Still, he banked another paycheck......
Old 17 Apr 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3727360)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE Does Kimi have the record for number of fastest race laps ever in F1?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3727410)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I guess it's good to have a record in the twilight of your career.......
Old 17 Apr 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3727422)   #24
stripedcat
Veteran

Kimi is second in the all time list of fastest laps with 44 against Schumi's mighty 77. He still has some way to go to be able to catch that record.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3727630)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A minimum of another 33 GPs? I suspect he won't have that opportunity.....