Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2001, 11:38 (Ref:106135)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Le Mans live at Radio Le Mans

Go t autosport site. The race is on radio Le Mans there, live.
Old 17 Jun 2001, 14:46 (Ref:106159)   #2
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is the first time that I have followed the race on the web, and even with a regular modem, the radio coverage always worked, and even ran without interuptions when I was going around to other sites etc. A very well run operation,and great to be able to get the written hourly reports from the autosport site, while still listening to the radio guys with the sounds ofthe cars rumbling by-great stuff. My son was up at 4am with a fever and so after he was settled, there I was down in theliving room in the dark, listening and reading....
Old 17 Jun 2001, 15:01 (Ref:106163)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I second those credits to the guys behind the Radio Le Mans coverage, good flowing audio, and that with a regular modem at this end as well.
Old 18 Jun 2001, 17:54 (Ref:106515)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Absolutely brilliant - that's all I can say about Radio Le Mans! I've listened to it on the web for the past two seasons and felt like I was there... in fact it convinced me to go myself this year...

And it was better than I could ever have imagined! What a huge event! And, thanks to Radio Le Mans, I could follow every last part of the race - whether I was trackside, at the campsite, on the bus to Mulsanne (or indeed waiting for the mechanic when it broke down...!) and even at the supermarket...

My thanks have to go to all the guys involved with the setup... but can we have Alan Hyde next year please ?
Old 19 Jun 2001, 03:52 (Ref:106724)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig and all who went, makes sense that you would be able to keep track of what was going on in the race while on site, and probably seeing only one area. Do they have the big tv's around as well?

Slightly off topic, but I have done alot of camping in my life, and I was really thinking of all you sodden sods out there this weekend. Hope you took your wellies... I look forward to reading of all of your experiences. I have numerous racing fantasy trips, and Lemans is one of them, although it's pretty unrealistic for many many years. I'll have to make by now with vicariously reading of yours.

cheers
Old 19 Jun 2001, 20:51 (Ref:107060)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I especially enjoyed their frequent digs at F1 - which they clearly consider second class racing by sissie boys. Real Men Race Sports Cars, eh?

It is funny to see so many people walking around with headphones or earphones, and to hear four people out of a group laugh for apparently no reason until you see that they are "plugged in"!

Camping is THE ONLY way to experience Le Mans. The traffic is so bad and the hotels so far away that you would simply miss all the good stuff if you had to leave the site.

Everyone should go to Le Mans. It is like nothing else in the world. And Radio Le Mans means we can tune in all year and listen to the fun we had ...
Old 20 Jun 2001, 11:40 (Ref:107311)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Radio Le Mans on the web is amazing. It's the only way to "see" the race when not there. And I've got my name on every year it has been broadcast over the web (since 1998) including the race in Adelaide. Unfortunately my mention of 10 Tenths didn't get on, but spoonerbono's did.

If anyone heard a mention of Queensland Raceway, that was from me. I did my usual updates for a couple of 10 tenthers (crash-test being one).
Old 20 Jun 2001, 12:07 (Ref:107327)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

Everyone should go to Le Mans. It is like nothing else in the world. And Radio Le Mans means we can tune in all year and listen to the fun we had ...
Liz, they did give a big "HI" to the gang from 10-tenths. I also heard them mention heavy rain and hail - was there really hail or did they say it was a possibility? It was going on much too late and I stopped just on the last hour to go to bed. I just had to post it on the F1 forum because it was an emergency and I just wanted to tell as many people as soon as possible about the broadcast. By the way, welcome back, we missed you inthe F1 forum; things were so quiet and boring.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 20 Jun 2001 at 12:09.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 14:06 (Ref:107396)   #9
Anorak
Rookie

Anorak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your kind comments, it is good to know that the effort is appreciated. You all are right - it is a great event, offering far better value for money for the spectator than any Grand Prix and a bigger challenge for the driver to boot.

Yes, the weather was truly 'orrible. An amazing job done by the drivers that there was only one major accident - on lap 4 - and thankfully no driver injuries. Marc Goossens was taken to hospital but released after an hour or so. I think we can count ourselves lucky in the circumstances.

I know all you ten-tenths guys missed Hyde - but did anyone miss Titchmarsh? He's more a part of Radio Le Mans than Alan is, after all. Incidentally, I've spoken to both and apparently they had a great time in Ireland.

Thanks again for listening, here's to next year.

From
Paul Truswell (in a rather damp anorak)
Old 20 Jun 2001, 16:11 (Ref:107449)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, Titch was very sorely missed. I was actively looking forward to tuning in to him.

And no Le Mans is really complete without Neville Hay popping his head around the door at least once during the weekend.

VB, if it wasn't hail, then the raindrops were very big, very cold, and made a *ping* noise as they ricocheted off the tent poles, the canvas and indeed my nose.

Radio Le Mans is an absolute necessity, as demonstrated by the fact that several radio-less strangers kept wandering up to me asking for updates (in English and in German), and by the fact I was left feeling utterly bereft at one point when the battery went on the little Rockingham radio that I was using. (No staying power, these Rockingham radios...)

Cheers to all involved with the broadcasts. Looking forward to listening in again next time, and BRING BACK TITCH, WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT!
Old 20 Jun 2001, 22:27 (Ref:107597)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
VB, if it wasn't hail, then the raindrops were very big, very cold, and made a *ping* noise as they ricocheted off the tent poles, the canvas and indeed my nose.

I suppose this must have been worrying for the cars, hitting this stuff at 200 MPH
Old 22 Jun 2001, 12:35 (Ref:108239)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Bathurst last year was bad...then saw Phillip Island Superbikes...then heard about Misano GP bikes...then along came Le Mans!

I missed Titch. Also the wave wasn't quite as good this year. Something about the stand naming...but "the new stand" just doesn't sound right.

Oh and Paul...Mr Truswell, sir, I hope I didn't annoy the email sorter people too much. I only posted from about 3 different email addresses asking all sorts of questions
Old 25 Jun 2001, 12:30 (Ref:109535)   #13
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Anorak
but did anyone miss Titchmarsh? Paul Truswell (in a rather damp anorak)
Yes missed Tichmarsh like anything. You all did well, and thanks a million for keeping all us sodden fans informed, but Tichmarsh is unique