Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jul 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4170166)   #3201
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, a nice guy and really not a pussy. I met him more than once at Monaco and Le Mans of course, for instance. My best souvenir with him is a fight against Couscous-Schlesser during what was the last race of the 505 Turbo French Trophy held at Pau Arnos. See You, Roger!
Old 9 Aug 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4171936)   #3202
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hear of ACO giving first acces to ticketing to people living in Sarthois, is that fair? Is that even before members?
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:35 (Ref:4171946)   #3203
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I hear of ACO giving first acces to ticketing to people living in Sarthois, is that fair? Is that even before members?
No, incorrect. Members first, then the Sarthois, then the general public.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4171948)   #3204
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although we may escape next year it would be worth keeping an eye on this. Knowing the Eurocrats they'll bring it in just as we want to travel! https://visaguide.world/news/etias-t...2C%20VisaGuide.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4171949)   #3205
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, incorrect. Members first, then the Sarthois, then the general public.
https://www.tentenths.com/forum/show...3&postcount=64
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4171951)   #3206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Although we may escape next year it would be worth keeping an eye on this. Knowing the Eurocrats they'll bring it in just as we want to travel! https://visaguide.world/news/etias-t...2C%20VisaGuide.
Yeah, I've been keeping half an eye on it....
Old 9 Aug 2023, 11:06 (Ref:4171959)   #3207
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Aaah, missed that one, thank you.
Old 12 Aug 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4172337)   #3208
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
What Eurocrats are saying: "Both the ETIAS and the EES are considered to be a revolution in travel, with the EU claiming that the systems will not only enforce security in the block, but will also make the border crossing procedures for travelers easier." When you know how our new biometric passports "work" (don't work actually!) Peter is right to keep an eye, may be both, on this new regulation.
Old 15 Aug 2023, 08:46 (Ref:4172847)   #3209
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ETIAS can maybe kicked further down the road as was planned for 2020, 2022 and 2023 - it's not that bad if the passport check tie in is quicker than now.

EES doesn't work well for car ferry/tunnel terminals -

would expect both to come in probably after LM 24 (and Paris Olympics surprisingly)
Old 15 Aug 2023, 09:56 (Ref:4172851)   #3210
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

would expect both to come in probably after LM 24 (and Paris Olympics surprisingly)
Are you applying logic?
Old 15 Aug 2023, 10:52 (Ref:4172855)   #3211
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Are you applying logic?
A dangerous thing to do.....
Old 15 Aug 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4172870)   #3212
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Theoretically, yes…
Old 15 Aug 2023, 13:40 (Ref:4172875)   #3213
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You’d think they’d want to get this in before a big event like the Olympics. Lots of people traveling is exactly what it’s about. They need to get a wriggle on mind.

One thing to note is that you get some scammers with things like this. They get high up in the google search results and charge you a large admin to do a simple low cost process. You have to provide all the same information anyway (and detailed personal info to them too!). This is quite common for the US ESTA. My parents did this one time when they came over.

Check out the gov websites for the official link.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Aug 2023 at 13:48.
Old 15 Aug 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4172878)   #3214
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Le Mans '24 mid June, OG's end of July. I don't think UK residents will be bothered, not more than on usual, but others could (not Schengen ones). Just found this for the OG's atm:https://www.paris2024.org/en/faq/doc...vel-to-france/ May be worth contact French embassy or consulate for those coming from the US.https://franceintheus.org/spip.php?article330
Old 25 Aug 2023, 19:56 (Ref:4173951)   #3215
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So bikes were having their fun on track so didn't venture out to the track but I did stop by the museum this afternoon. Great visit for the 10€ and the cars actually got my wife identifying some of them. Have to say the shop, maybe they need to go by Road Atlanta and get some pointers on swag, but I did pick up a few things for my coolers, tool boxes and friends. Wife made the wrong exit at first and hitting the roundabout just before the museum was a very cool, over the hill and there's the front stretch stands from behind, very cool. Was a very nice hour or so break from the drive from Auray to Paris and just about mid way.

Don't know why but not the 24H and bikes on track meant I just couldn't bring myself to have that be the first sight of the track itself. Although we did end up detouring down the Mulsanne and a bit of the roads back around to the A road so that was fun
Old 25 Aug 2023, 22:30 (Ref:4173964)   #3216
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonderful. You’ve seen the hallowed ground.

And there is a Skoda in your photo. Good cars. They are just cars, but brilliant at being them.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4173994)   #3217
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So bikes were having their fun on track so didn't venture out to the track but I did stop by the museum this afternoon. Great visit for the 10€ and the cars actually got my wife identifying some of them. Have to say the shop, maybe they need to go by Road Atlanta and get some pointers on swag, but I did pick up a few things for my coolers, tool boxes and friends. Wife made the wrong exit at first and hitting the roundabout just before the museum was a very cool, over the hill and there's the front stretch stands from behind, very cool. Was a very nice hour or so break from the drive from Auray to Paris and just about mid way.

Don't know why but not the 24H and bikes on track meant I just couldn't bring myself to have that be the first sight of the track itself. Although we did end up detouring down the Mulsanne and a bit of the roads back around to the A road so that was fun
I'm delighted to see that you managed to get a visit to the 'hallowed ground'.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4174161)   #3218
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And there is a Skoda in your photo. Good cars. They are just cars, but brilliant at being them.
Sure they are. It reminds me a hairy trip with a Yéti.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4174268)   #3219
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I remember being driven part of the way to the first Le Mans Classic by Whizzo Williams in an early Octavia VRS.... He enjoyed drifting around a roundabout so much that we went round and did it again........
Old 28 Aug 2023, 02:11 (Ref:4174306)   #3220
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Wow!
Old 24 Oct 2023, 15:47 (Ref:4182807)   #3221
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So is the coming race the last real competitive outing for the LM GTE cars? Assume no other series still has them
Old 24 Oct 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4182832)   #3222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Le Mans next year? I thought we were GT3'ing..... Or do you mean the WEC?
Old 25 Oct 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4182903)   #3223
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last race for GTE is the WEC Bahrain round at the beginning of November.

I'm sure they will appear in historic racing in due course, and they probably already have in the States.
Old 25 Oct 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4182931)   #3224
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Le Mans next year? I thought we were GT3'ing..... Or do you mean the WEC?
Did mean Bahrain - just about sorted avatar out after a technical pfaff getting it out of the clouds and small enough - avatar soon will be redundant car.

EDIT Did go to LM for first time in 2017 to see previous version in its last year in GTE Pro class so posted here rather than in a very specific race/category box

reposted https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...e-numbers.html

Last edited by RL17; 25 Oct 2023 at 11:56.
Old 31 Oct 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4183861)   #3225
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
A few connected years/numbers at Le Mans questions.

Just 5 questions and Questions only cover 1st 5 occurances in the sequence (as some of the occurrances really start to ramp up in 1980's onwards).

And apologies if most things nearly always start in 1923 (as they do) and it is a bit of a quiet time with week or so before ticketing opens.

What's the missing year/number in the sequence and why?

1. 1923, 1968, 2020, 2021?

2. 1923, 1931, 1967 ? (only 4 years in this sequence/series)

3. 1923, 1924, 1952, 1966?

4. 12, 13, 25, 26?

5. 1923, 1926, 1962, 1982?