Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Feb 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1214411)   #26
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i once made the short circuit robot with working pneumatic arms and pop out eyes etc
Old 1 Feb 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1214458)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember building an Eagle (from Space 1999) out of Lego.... I thought it was just Christmas... I had just the right number of blocks to make it, it had a laser on the top, room for a man to sit inside... and had plenty of caps to put on a green base to make a landing pad (like on Moonbase Alpha)

But then I discovered the diecast version, my old Lego one looked very sad...

I ended up giving my Lego away to my cousins... who recently sold it on Ebay I found out last week!!!! I bought it all, they flogged it off!!!! Serenity Now!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Feb 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1214691)   #28
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
lego the creator of childhood dreams !!!!! i loved it i got my box in the attic might myander up and go and play ........ anyone been to legoland ?????
went to Windsor Lego Land a couple of years back with my daughters who where about 3 at the time.
2 main memories
1. the fences are not high enough to keep children of the displays
2. there is a racing circuit built out of lego, complete with what looked like Pesca's white & green Courage!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1214743)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember the days when the little Lego men didn't even come with arms or legs.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1214761)   #30
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I was just watching the bonus 2nd-DVD from "The Search for the Holy Grail".
In it, they recreate the entire "Camelot" scene using Legos and the original soundtrack. Really cool.
Old 11 Feb 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1223243)   #31
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I was born too soon. All this nice new Lego stuff and I am too old to use it, at least in the eyes of my parents. I used to have a set in a red box, and then a girly one in a pink box, the only difference was the pink set was simpler with bigger pieces. *Dreams of being younger again*
Old 12 Feb 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1223888)   #32
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm 36 and playing Lego regularly with my kids. And loving every minute of it!

My Mom kept all of my old ones, and somebody gave the kids a box full, they got some more for Christmas, and now we've got several thousand pieces.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1477548)   #33
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh lego, i remember when i was younger i had masses of the stuff, most is in the loft now lol. But i remember making start finish straights complete wit pit walls and garages etc.
Amazing times hehe.
Old 6 Dec 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1478443)   #34
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lego

haha my mate had the best we used to have races on road tracks through vilages, making crashes!! the bits flying everywhere, build them back up and go go go, never a dull moment!!!

technic to complex for me!
Old 11 Dec 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1481441)   #35
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too had loads of Lego when I was young. My sister started collecting it before I was born: she collected enough Weetabix tokens and got a small town! It was the real early stuff, when the people didn't have faces, and the arms were merged with the body, so it looked like they were walking around playing pocket pool! Most of the stuff I got was from around '84 to '90. The last stuff was the Pirate collection, although I could never manage to save enough for the Pirate ships (damn!). I reckon it started to go down hill from the mid 90's though, far too many single use bricks... turns out I was right, Lego made their first losses last year! The coolest set I had was a Model Team truck with a helicopter on the trailer. I still have all of it, mostly in the attic! Along with scalextic I reckon it's the only reason most blokes start families!! Wonder if the Danes know how much they've contributed to the global population...
Old 5 Apr 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1571500)   #36
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember I made a VERY big F1 Car out of lego, I got to the stage where I put the wheels on and it was taking shape and then I droped it....

the pull back Ferrari has such a smooth action!
Old 1 Jul 2006, 17:18 (Ref:1645711)   #37
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody ever made stop-motion videos with lego? I have made loads on my phone!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1652102)   #38
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do. Anyway, I have some ferrari lego cars, but they are delecate, and when you pick it up it breaks in half. Should have seen me trying to get it up on a shelf.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1653552)   #39
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Many years ago our family went to the CN Tower in Toronto. Just as you walked into the front door, there was an incredibly-detailed Lego version of the tower, easily over three-stories tall. That is something I'll never forget - at that age I was in awe.
Aww! I don't think that was there last year! That'd have been cool hehe
Old 8 Aug 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1677610)   #40
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
My wee brother wanted me to make a Grand Prix car out of lego, so I went and got the pullback motor from the ferrari lego car (which has merged into the rest of the lego in seperate peices) with the wheels and stuff The front nosecone from the ferrari, with no sticker, which had graddually come of, some wheels for the front (big ones, the same size as the Ferrari ones) a few big flat peices and some red 2 x 4's and 2 x 2's, some long flat peices, and bingo, a brilliant little red F1 car. So we went to test it, on its first run, it hit one of those bits of wall that kind of sticks out, both front wheels and front wing and nose cone were flying in midair, the car rolled a few times, and came to a rest, minus 2 wheels, a nosecone, a front wing, a rear wing, and parts of the side pod. It looked so relistic! And another time with smaller cars, I made two for my litte brother, he gave one to me, his car spun, and my car sliced right through it causing lego to go every where, my car slowed down alot and rolled over, landing upside down, and it was't even scratched. The driver of the other car was at either side of the room and the cleanup would last a while...
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1688612)   #41
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes. I'm a big kid. I've bought a Lego Ferrari set. My freind makes awesome models with Lego, and I quite liked the look of the Ferrari set. Then I saw this:

A Lego Ross Brawn! I just HAD to have it when I saw that!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1688976)   #42
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The worrying thing is is does look like him!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1688991)   #43
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgot the Bananas though.

Will there be one of Jean Todt? Very small, and always in a jumper?
Old 23 Aug 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1689468)   #44
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparantly you can get lego bananas, I'll have to be on the look out for one
Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1689675)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That Ross Brawn beard is not vague enough...
Old 5 Mar 2024, 00:00 (Ref:4199994)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I’m thinking of investing in another one, getting the right accents for a French flag and a blue helmet
Old 5 Mar 2024, 10:21 (Ref:4200051)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I’m thinking of investing in another one, getting the right accents for a French flag and a blue helmet
Nah, you've got the right one.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 10:36 (Ref:4200057)   #48
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There's some unhappy people on various Lego sites regarding the fact that the rear tyres are the same width as the front ones. I've seen a few people 3D printing their own rears.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4200072)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That would be a nice mod. That mildly bothered me too.
I looked to see if there was a wider version, but unsurprisingly there isn’t.

Although they are pleasing thing even if the wrong size.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 09:22 (Ref:4200204)   #50
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nah, you've got the right one.
Should come with his best supporter representation, JMB, in proper suits.