Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Jul 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1665645)   #26
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One other factor I get from time to time is a crackling noise on the sound.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1665653)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't get Motors TV
Old 27 Jul 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1665681)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
One other factor I get from time to time is a crackling noise on the sound.
I get this too. You have to turn the volume on the set-top-box down and the television set volume up and that sorts it out. I guess MotorsTV's signal is compressed far more than other channels or something technical like that.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1666056)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I can't get Motors TV
We noted this first time round, Peter. If you are looking for sympathy you have it. I think Motors TV is excellent; more power to its elbow. I can live with the niggles!
Old 27 Jul 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1666071)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Sorry! All a load of ********!
So you disagree, nice of you to put it so politely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM other post
I didn't see it as an outburst, and AA hasn't flamed me (yet!)...
I hadn't read it at that point. I normally consider people who swear at me as having an outburst!

I was a little taken aback because that post quoted in its entirety wasn't really about your issue, it was a post about the word "conspire" and how I thought it had been slightly misused! Surely your main beef is with the thread starter! Although you have less chance of being negged for swearing at a mod I reckon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
but if that's the way Messrs Mallet & Knowles see it then, apologies are offered to AA.
Apology accepted

Back to the discussion...
Quote:
Motors TV features very poorly produced programming in the main...
I quite agree with the production quality. When removing adverts I notice that often adverts are dealt with in different ways! It is clear they are on a budget and probably don't have time for some of the editing niceties especially when highlighting (see the verbing noun thread in PF).

However adverts are on generally louder than the main programme on many channels and IMHO Motors is one of them.

I have not noticed Motors being much louder than other channels, I shall look (hear!) out for it in the future. Although I rarely flick.

Generally the poor production of Motors TV doesn't bother me. The races are there live and that is the important thing. Unlike other channels it could never be accused of being style of content. It is just content.

It is just a shame that Peter can't get it.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1666189)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A crying shame.

I wonder what's on now....
Old 27 Jul 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1666276)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, there's a few negatives, as noted above, but on the whole I find it shows a whole heap of stuff nobody else is showing that I want to watch. Much of it is live, and much of that is repeated later in the week so I can watch it if I forgot it, was too busy or was out marshalling at the time (which surprisingly seems to happen at the same time as motorsport is on live. Tch, how inconsiderate!)

On that basis, I think I can put up with putting the sound down from time to time. I'll even put up with some dodgy cheap editing since they're not charging me any extra for doing it.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1666416)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It is just a shame that Peter can't get it.
I used to get it in Turkey.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1666441)   #34
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I get this too. You have to turn the volume on the set-top-box down and the television set volume up and that sorts it out. I guess MotorsTV's signal is compressed far more than other channels or something technical like that.
Thanks,will give that a try.I had never noticed that the sky box had a volume control and its been sitting there for about 7 years! Could account for why digital programmes always seem to be louder and I often need to turn the sound down?
Old 31 Jul 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1669347)   #35
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't Motors TV TX'd from France?
Perhaps the ads are played in from the UK which could possibly explain why they are at a different level?
Good theory but what I think its down to is the fact on other channels on sky is they make the adverts twice as loud as the program so you pay more attention when the adverts come on. All it does for me is reminds me to mute it!

If dead boring compensation adverts wern't boring enough. Loud ones are unbearable.