Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2473528)   #51
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjo View Post
no penalty for matt neal ?
Which incident(s) do you feel he should get a penalty for?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2473581)   #52
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a bad weekend for Turkington. Perhaps being 2 points behind is worth not having the extra ballast for Croft till the end of Race 1. He should be strong there.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2474634)   #53
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Not a bad weekend for Turkington. Perhaps being 2 points behind is worth not having the extra ballast for Croft till the end of Race 1. He should be strong there.
Exactly what I thought. 1-2points means so little compared to a good result in qualy & first race next weekend. Smart move to let Neal carry the 45 and only have to lug around 36kg instead.

And good clean racing again this weekend.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2475200)   #54
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it a smart move, or did it just come out like that?
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2475273)   #55
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think it was totally planned, otherwise he would have not been pipped to the last point in R3.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2475283)   #56
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 Kgs are not much, I think he would have taken points and the lead of the championship if he could.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2475297)   #57
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
9 Kgs are not much, I think he would have taken points and the lead of the championship if he could.
It's 9kg to the field, but 18kg to the current main contender. With about 50 points max available in a weekend, 2 points don't mean much.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2475538)   #58
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It just happened like that. I understand Plato broke Turkington's rear subframe and that crippled the car's handling, leaving him in 11th.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2475553)   #59
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have been interesting to see how far up Turkington could have got in the closing stages of that race, had his car have held up. The back bumper was caved in early on, so it looked like he got a fairly big hit in the race. He was fast at Croft last year as well, so it will be interesting to see wether he can keep this run going.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 22:56 (Ref:2475635)   #60
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting point from oulton was that WSR had to work til the last minute to get Jelleys car repaired, I was under the impression they had a spare?
Old 4 Jun 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2475656)   #61
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14 View Post
Interesting point from oulton was that WSR had to work til the last minute to get Jelleys car repaired, I was under the impression they had a spare?
You mean a spare car?

Sorry stedevil, didn't you write that Turk has a 36 kgs ballast while Neal has 45? I didn't check the weight situation, so I'm sorry if I misunderstood.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2475658)   #62
kristof14
Veteran

yes I meant a spare car, I thought they used it during pre season testing whilst prepping the race cars?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2475840)   #63
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've got a spare car but I don't think it's race ready. So they either had to fix his car or prep the spare. I suppose they're still hoping someone will come along with a budget to run the third car.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2475863)   #64
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are drivers even allowed to use a spare car during a weekend?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2475875)   #65
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Sorry stedevil, didn't you write that Turk has a 36 kgs ballast while Neal has 45?
Yupp . Now Neal has relatively 9kg more, but if T would have been ahead Neal would have been at -9kg relatively. 9 + 9kg = 18kg in relation to the (current) main competitor.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2475886)   #66
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Are drivers even allowed to use a spare car during a weekend?
No. They used to be able to back in the early days of Super Touring, but then it was outlawed. In the event of someone needing a car, they either had to use the spare and be ineligible for points (like Yvan Muller at Brands Hatch 1999) or commandeer their teammate's car, again Yvan Muller who took over Vincent Radermecker's car at Snetterton in 2000. I don't think that's allowed anymore.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2475887)   #67
kristof14
Veteran

No they're not, which is why Jelley didn't race again at Donington, I was just intrigued as I thought it would have been easier to prep the spare car than rebuilding the almost destroyed car?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2475895)   #68
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Probably because it's his car and he's comfortable in it. If they then had to prep the third machine and get him used to that one, then it may have taken them back a step at Oulton. He's really clicked with that car this year and the team probably wanted to maintain that momentum. It's just bad luck that's holding him back.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2475899)   #69
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
I don't think it make much of a difference when you have to adapt to a new car of the same type, or a completely rebuild car, that might still have a few bruises from a crash.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2475923)   #70
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I don't think it make much of a difference when you have to adapt to a new car of the same type, or a completely rebuild car, that might still have a few bruises from a crash.
Believe me, it does make a huge difference. In the Italian C1 Cup I tested with a car and then raced in another, and that resulted in me being 0.8s slower when I first hit the track.
T-cars are not allowed, but big teams virtually have one in their trucks, just unmounted. I think they have all the spares needed.
stedevil as has been said before, though, looks like Turk wasn't able to be faster than he was.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2476081)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Entertaining races.