Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Jun 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2487867)   #51
MikeD
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen
MikeD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was confirmed today on Eurosport that James Thompson is the new LADA driver. It was also confirmed that Danish driver Michel Nykjaer will drive a Chevrolet at Oscherleben (don't know if it will be a Lacetti or a Cruze)
Old 22 Jun 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2488123)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So he will miss one BTCC race?

Nykjaer will use his Lacetti.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2488192)   #53
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As I read it he will only participate in WTCC events that does not prevent him from attending the rest of this years BTCC and DTC events.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2488858)   #54
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
If I were Thommo I'd rather stick to the Btcc. He's already doing the Dtc in a works car, doing fantastically in the UK and I wouldn't go out in a Lada without knowing where I would be compared to the others. As you said, I'd rather go for the Btcc title, which he can achieve, realistically.
But, unfortunately, I'm not him
Totally agree, its not a good time for Thommo to jump ship from either catogery when he stands a great chance of taking the title in both. I would have thought he has obligations to stay with Dynamics.
I also don't think WTCC is the place to be over and above BTCC, the championship seems a bit of a mess with the regulations and does he really want to be in a Lada running at the back initally?, top driver deserves a top drive at Thommo's level IMO.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2489165)   #55
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why he will probably drive just the non-colliding with BTCC and DTC rounds...
Old 23 Jun 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2489177)   #56
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a shock. Don't see what Thompson will gain from it though.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2489280)   #57
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably more what the team will gain from it?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2489303)   #58
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Money probably.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2489343)   #59
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he's very lucky, he may even reach some independant driver.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2490163)   #60
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out our latest news with some more details. I think that, just as he did with the Honda Civic, James is going to surprise a lot of people. But we will see... Anyway, who said this story wasn't true?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2490180)   #61
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
At worst, he gets to race a touring car damn near every weekend. There are worse fates!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2490929)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Photos of new Lada:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76530
http://img218.imageshack.us/i/zolder609005.jpg/

Looks not bad
Old 26 Jun 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2490961)   #63
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few more pics here:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3645
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:00 (Ref:2490980)   #64
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pictures are taken in Zolder, at least the one on touringcartimes in the pitlane. I thought I'd read somewhere that there was no opportunity for Thompson to test the car before the first race in Portugal? Was that a mere guess, or is this test arranged at the last minute?
Old 26 Jun 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2491237)   #65
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
I guess it was done on Thursday, the day after I wrote the story. My info was that Thompson was going to have no testing or a shakedown shortly before Porto, so it was possibly planned for next week right before the trukcs left Holland to Portugal. They probably managed to make the car complete before than expected, which enabled them to test. And I'm Glad that happened! Go Thommo!
Old 26 Jun 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2491241)   #66
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reminds me a bit of the Chevy Lacetti, whilst it wasn't the worlds best looking car, lets hope the Lada can end up winning sometime.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2491266)   #67
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know I'm going to go to bed, screaming, trying to get to sleep, but it won't help to get the image out of my mind...whilst muttering over and over "those wheel arches, those wheel arches..."
Old 27 Jun 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2491466)   #68
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I know I'm going to go to bed, screaming, trying to get to sleep, but it won't help to get the image out of my mind...whilst muttering over and over "those wheel arches, those wheel arches..."
Hehe, IMO they are and advantage. They almost completely mask the fact that it's a Priora, which IMO is a butt ugly car.

Still, hope Lada will start getting into the points soon. And Tommo is just the guy they need to get things sorted.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2491508)   #69
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You'd better start getting used to it. Under NGTC's standard width rule most BTCC cars are going to need them.
Old 27 Jun 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2491518)   #70
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All they need is a BTC-T style door sill
Old 27 Jun 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2491698)   #71
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Looks a lot like the 110. That's why they're using spare parts of the 110 on the Priora, too... Anyway, Thommo's going to be heavy for the first 2 events, it's gonna be even harder for him to get into the points. I'm confident he can and will, though!
Old 28 Jun 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2492655)   #72
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im suprised Thompson has taken the drive as he has plenty of options to drive a car that can win races although i suspect this one comes with a pay packet, a link below of Thompson in testing action..

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....va-resized.JPG
Old 29 Jun 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2493590)   #73
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And it's questionable whether other offers would be quite as copacetic with him honouring his Hartmann Honda and Team Dynamics deals where he has his best chance of driving cars that win races...