Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2478521)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jeez those things look good........a little artistic licence and you're back in 1970 with the 917s......
Old 9 Jun 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2478540)   #27
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
yeah, i saw that yesterday, just need to see what the others have.

If anyone see's a side view of Team Seattle Ferrari or Ginetta shout. Team Seattle changed their livery from their mock up
Andy, Here is a shot of the GZ and Team Seattle car, though not real good of the Ferrari.

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2478561)   #28
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
thank you mr blackmore, laminated and ready to go. Actually, it's the only thing packed so far, I'd best go do the rest...

(has Ginetta not been able to find a single sponsor for that car?)
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:35 (Ref:2478568)   #29
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
thank you mr blackmore, laminated and ready to go. Actually, it's the only thing packed so far, I'd best go do the rest...

(has Ginetta not been able to find a single sponsor for that car?)
You'd of thought they would of done the car up with a big Union Jack if nothing else.

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2478576)   #30
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
**** I have so many updates to do tonight!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2478673)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Jeez those things look good........a little artistic licence and you're back in 1970 with the 917s......
Still don't like the blue air inlet.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2478751)   #32
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
IMPORTANT: I am now aware of 6 different websites who have taken it upon themselves to use the guide without a) credit b) cropped out header c) + my logo photoshopped out and/or d) just GT1 cars cropped out ... not impressed.

The guide has taken 50 hours to complete and other than a nominal fee from SpeedTV for their own branded version later this week, I have made no financial gain from this. If you are a website and want to share the guide with your readers, feel free to link to the Spotters Guide website (and its ok to show the guide as a JPEG as a header image), but DO NOT pass if off as your own, change or crop out logos.

The likes of Marshall Pruett, Hindy and Graham Goodwin have been very helpful with this guide and your also being disrespectful to them and their time.

If this continues, I wont bother with the guide in future.

Having said all that Version 2 will b out tomorrow with a big host of updates...

....I just seem to have lost a whole chunk of enthusiasm to do it all of a sudden.

regards
Mr Angry
Old 9 Jun 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2478778)   #33
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is just pitiful.......
It's a great job you're doing for the fans.
Pretty pathetic of some to knock something like this off just to give their site some notoriety.

You could try putting some faint watermarks on the design to help.
Watermarks on the numberplates for example, or along the black strips with the team names. Make them work to knock it off! They'll see it's too much work and stop!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2478798)   #34
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
here is something that cheered me up. Can anyone better this....

http://www.qik.com/video/1845363
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2478804)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably not really
Attached Thumbnails
peearound.jpg  
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2478808)   #36
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Probably not really
HAH shamefull attempt at photoshopping that! Hmmm Although it would be nice to be able to print it off onto something more durable than paper!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2478811)   #37
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Probably not really

LOL!!!!!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2478812)   #38
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Andy, respectfully, lendurance have NOT done anything to upset you. I have little doubt we will, but more from ignorance than malice...
I am in awe of the work you do. Reminds me of Jim Allington!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2478837)   #39
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Andy, respectfully, lendurance have NOT done anything to upset you. I have little doubt we will, but more from ignorance than malice...
I am in awe of the work you do. Reminds me of Jim Allington!
of course not! Your one of the partners on the guide!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2478915)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
IMPORTANT: I am now aware of 6 different websites who have taken it upon themselves to use the guide without a) credit b) cropped out header c) + my logo photoshopped out and/or d) just GT1 cars cropped out ... not impressed.

The guide has taken 50 hours to complete and other than a nominal fee from SpeedTV for their own branded version later this week, I have made no financial gain from this. If you are a website and want to share the guide with your readers, feel free to link to the Spotters Guide website (and its ok to show the guide as a JPEG as a header image), but DO NOT pass if off as your own, change or crop out logos.

The likes of Marshall Pruett, Hindy and Graham Goodwin have been very helpful with this guide and your also being disrespectful to them and their time.

If this continues, I wont bother with the guide in future.

Having said all that Version 2 will b out tomorrow with a big host of updates...

....I just seem to have lost a whole chunk of enthusiasm to do it all of a sudden.

regards
Mr Angry

I'd just like to say I have linked - and I didn't ask permission as I've done the same as last year, using the official link html going straight to the page, not linking to the guide itself. But effectively nicking it from you without permsision or credit is disgraceful. I don't suppose you want to 'name and shame'?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2478937)   #41
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
you are welcome to link, its when people decide they can crop or photoshoshop out credits etc. I wont lower myself to name and shame (two sites have corrected now).

------------------------------------------

Anyway, on more positive news. VERSION 2 is now online @ www.spotterguides.com

(thanks Grant - been messing him around with zip files, emails etc)

Features the Phil Bennett drive change, lots of new finalised livery including the Advanced Engineering car and the LNT Ginetta. Lots of ID colour flashes listed as well including the latest changes with AMR, Oreca, OAK and AF Corse. All correct as of EOD Tuesday. The guide wont be updated again. Have sleep and life to catch up on.

Thanks to everyone who has supported this, particuarly the partners who are listed at the top of the guides. They have done a great PR job in expanding this to a wider audience.

Extra special thanks to Marshall, John Hindhaugh and Grant. Without these three people it wouldnt have been possible

andy
Old 10 Jun 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2478949)   #42
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
007 should say 'Orange Mirrors and windscreen strip'. Oh well...
Old 10 Jun 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2479009)   #43
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
007 should say 'Orange Mirrors and windscreen strip'. Oh well...
that's what you get from working late at night
Old 10 Jun 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2479018)   #44
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again absolutely brilliant.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2479094)   #45
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Better than briliant I think! Anyone who is printing this out at A4 or A3 is missing out I reckon! Zoom in to 400% on the pdf and see all the detail andy has put into this! Just amazing!

That mad fella on the plotter is one lucky guy! Although the printout wont be very mobile!?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2479099)   #46
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Outstanding Andy, totally ace!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2479121)   #47
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Better than briliant I think! Anyone who is printing this out at A4 or A3 is missing out I reckon! Zoom in to 400% on the pdf and see all the detail andy has put into this! Just amazing!

That mad fella on the plotter is one lucky guy! Although the printout wont be very mobile!?
Damn, you're right. Especially useful to zoom in if you want to see what is written on the side of the Strakka Ginetta (Relentless in fancy lettering)
Massive job.

The PSD must be in the range of 50/60 mbs, huh?!? If you did it in Photoshop of course.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2479252)   #48
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
did it in Adobe Illustrator. That way, the vector art is carried over into the PDF and thus it can be scaled to fit on a truck without loosing any res.... go on, I dare you Cougar
Old 10 Jun 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2479358)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hey, just got a nice mention on RLM - 'It's the best'......
Old 10 Jun 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2479378)   #50
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
He got a big mention during Midweek Motorsport. Hindy seemed rather ticked off at the ripping lol. Told everyone to send nasty emails to the owners of any site posting the Guides as their own (photoshopped alterations like Andy mentioned).