Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Jun 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3426686)   #326
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Read an article by Mr Ryder the other day that was total rubbish on soup.net.

He stated that in his eyes the 2000 season when loads of differnet people won was one of the worst according to several seasoned hacks.

To me, 2000 was the best I ever saw as it was so unpredictable, you had Biaggi, Mccoy, Roberts, Barros Loris, Abe all winning and up there, what could be bad. And Rossi learning too, near wins for Aprilia. Awesome.

He said and those hacks prefer a battle between two riders miles out front a la Mick and Alex, Rossi/Biaggi, Rossi/Lorenzo etc.

I see his point in some ways, but think the point he makes is garbage! I have little interest in watching the same bloke win every race, means little to me other than he is an alien, I don't rate him above my heroes like Rainey, Doohan and Lawson coz he rides with a safety net. He is incredible yes, but better than a series when you dont know who is going ton win... cmon Julian you are wide of the mark there son, almost out for a throw in in fact!

"Another veteran paddock person chipped in that the worst 500cc championship in recent years was 2000, a year in which a record eight different riders won races: Roberts Jnr, Rossi, Biaggi, Barros, McCoy, Abe, Capirossi, and Criville. Anyone going to be telling their grandchildren about that season? Thought not. You'll be telling them about how you saw Mick Doohan, Valentino Rossi and Carl Fogarty destroy fields, how you saw Casey Stoner do things with a motorcycle that no-one else before or since has been able to do. What we hope to see is greatness. Yes, it's nice to be entertained as well but when you flick back through the memory banks the champions and their victories are what you find.""
Old 26 Jun 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3426836)   #327
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought 2000 was pretty good; loads of competition, different winners, and a talented newcomer showing what the future could be; Rossi. I'd rather have a year like that than what we have now; 1 rider head & shoulders above the rest, with 2/3 trying to challenge - and the others in a different race.

I'd say 1999 was average; with a Champion who possibly 'lucked in' in Criville.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3428678)   #328
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marc Marquez...
Old 1 Jul 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3429199)   #329
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Marc Marquez...
has Borg implants. Always adapting and coming out on top no matter what.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3432613)   #330
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is absolutely no reason he cannot sweep the entire season. The pace advantage is clear. As long as he can keep it on the track he's on course to do just that.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3432998)   #331
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Dani got another 2 Repsol years - guess he would only get replaced by a Spaniard anyway... Prefer Dani over Rabat!
Old 12 Jul 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3433286)   #332
Articus
Veteran

Does Dani Pedrosa expect to be able to challenge for the championship on the same bike as Marquez?
Old 13 Jul 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3433491)   #333
Articus
Veteran

How much bonus money does Marquez get for each win?

And how the mighty have fallen. Lorenzo is behind Dovi on the Ducati...
Old 13 Jul 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3433655)   #334
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given how chaotic the start was, that was an extraordinarily dull race.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3433775)   #335
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is starting to worry me a bit.

Sart of the season the comments about Marquez here and elsewhere were largely encouraging.

I am now starting to see poeple walk away, make comments like "I have no interest watching the same bloke win every race".

I said before the season and now, this is only benefitting Marquez and Honda, noone else.

Yes, the other teams need to do better, but this kid is a total freak, one of a kind. I just cant warm to him though, I warmed to Stoner mkore for some reason I dont know why, maybe more of a grafter, this kid is maing the series I love look stupid, and I do think there will be a backlash before long.

I bet he starts getting booed before the end of the season.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3433779)   #336
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He needs to go to Suzuki or Ducati - 2 world titles on a Honda should be enuff, next challenge MM93?

In 1.5 seasons look at the company his pole position stats are in...

Wayne Gardner - 19
Barry Sheene - 19
Eddie Lawson - 18
Kenny Roberts - 18
Marc Marquez - 16
Wayne Rainey - 15

Wins stats... (Shoud be able to knock a few of these LEGENDS of this season too)

Geoff Duke - 22
Kenny Roberts - 22
John Surtees - 22
Freddie Spencer - 20
Barry Sheene - 19
Wayne Gardner - 18
Alex Criville - 15
Marc Marquez - 15
Max Biaggi - 13
Randy Mamola - 13
Old 14 Jul 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3433883)   #337
Articus
Veteran

Marquez is signed with Honda until the end of 2016 unfortunately. but Marquez to Suzuki would be interesting.

I actually didn't start taking an interest in MotoGP until last year when I heard about this Rookie Marquez upsetting MotoGP world order. Unfortunately I don't watch the races anymore. Just check in to see how long the streak will last, and how many records he can break.

But Pedrosa hasn't looked that good on the same bike. And for someone like Lorenzo to just be having such a crummy time, it is strange.

Marquez has made it look like no one else knows how to ride a bike.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3434061)   #338
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It's strange, but for some reason I cant get into watching him.

I somehow got a lot more out of watching Casey, he seemed more relevant and more expanding on what wll the greats did.

This kid just seems to have a safety net somewhere, crashes a lot still but never seriously.

Almost like he is toouched by the hand of God or something.

Hence, I find watching him boring, predictable and dull.

And interestingly, so are a lot of people.

Never good this kind of thing, never.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3434083)   #339
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
And there doesn't seem to be anyone in Moto2 who will challenge him in the coming years either - before we know it MM93 will be a 5-time MotoGP champion, all by the age of 24!
Old 15 Jul 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3434117)   #340
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know someone who probably would have challenged him on the same bike and that man is Marco Simoncelli, but sadly fate took a hand.

That said I don't find Marquez boring. The technique he uses to brake is amazing and he is like a Rossi or a Senna. He certainly seems to enjoy the sport more than Stoner did.

I think the others need to up their game. Pedrosa threw away the Spanish GP which was his for the taking and Lorenzo has had too many off days. Rossi is no doubt doing well, but I doubt he is as good as he used to be, even if this season is 10x better than last.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3434358)   #341
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I do not doubt the kids talent or that he is enjoying himself, who wouldnt, you are making winin in the sports best class look easy.

That worries me though Im sorry.

As for teams doing better, he got the tyres he wanted, that no one else likes, what more do you need.

Its why Lorenzo is struggling, they dont suit him or the bike, hence Rossi all of a sudden is quicker than Jorge, do you REALLY think he is? After years of being dominated by Jorge?

I think not.

But either way, noone, not Simoncelli, not Stoner, not Rossi in his prime would beat this kid.

And that is a worry long term. Enjoy it while it lasts coz I guarantee if he doesnt move and does a Loeb, this will get very boring
Old 17 Jul 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3434856)   #342
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simoncelli's reputation has seemingly gone through the roof since he died.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3434944)   #343
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just like ..... senna?

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Jul 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3434965)   #344
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuki need to get a top rider (Stoner) why they would be interested in Crutchlow beats me, only place i can see him going is BSB !
Old 18 Jul 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3435052)   #345
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
just like ..... senna?
Yep, indeed.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3435081)   #346
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
So can we 100% say Crutchlow wont be on a Ducati in 2015 then?
Old 18 Jul 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3435132)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I see Simoncelli more as Bellof. A great character with loads of potential cut off before he achieved anything.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3435150)   #348
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
i would guess bsb Kwak or Honda
Old 19 Jul 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3435604)   #349
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Winning a 250 world championship isnt not achieving anything to be fair.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3435660)   #350
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Apparently not.
It has just been announced that the Factory Ducati team will be unchanged in 2015.