Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:04 (Ref:931326)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTCC - The Season is Nearly Here

As we're nearly ready for the start of the BTCC season, just thought I'd start a topic to see what everyone's hopes and expectations are for this year.

What would you like to see? Who do you want to win and who do you think will win?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:19 (Ref:931349)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'd like to see lots of announcements of big name drivers and manufacturers for next year... This years line-up just doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. Maybe if we start seeing a few non-VX winners my interest will increase and I'll actually venture out to the tracks again.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:46 (Ref:931381)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we might be in for a good year. OK the star names might be missing. But I reckon the Honda's and MG's will be able to mix it with the Vauxall's. I also think that the ETCC cars might not be on the pass for the first part of year but towards the end of the year they will challanging for postions on the podium.

Roll on the weekend.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 10:34 (Ref:932059)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would love to see Matt Neil and Anthony Reid take a few race wins from Vauxhall. If Reidie drives the MG like he did the little MG at last weekends Britcar race we are in for a treat!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 11:57 (Ref:932146)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No disrespect to Vauxhall, but I hope someone else wins it. The field behind them seems really close, with a lot of works and independant teams looking fairly even, but, as with Ferrari in F1, it's less exciting when one team is dominating. While other teams have lost funding or made illogical driver choices, Vauxhall have stayed strong and replaced a mediocre though likable driver with a stunning prospect.

I think it'll be a great year. The field is full of young talent, and with Plato back there's some extra spice. You can't really think of Warren Hughes, Bennett or Owy as true stars - none of them could compete on an international level.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:02 (Ref:932382)   #6
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be very interesting to see how Plato fares on his return I think - would be good to see someone other than Vauxhall win the first couple of races just to give the season a bit of an edge
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:19 (Ref:932655)   #7
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I right in thinking we should have 20 cars at Thruxton? Add 2 Varta Civics and an Edenbridge BMW to that for Brands and an extra MG for Silverstone. And it's anyones guess for when the other Arena cars will appear!?!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:30 (Ref:932679)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remember there is the VLR Pug's to added in there aswell.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:42 (Ref:932700)   #9
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see the Seat's competative as well as the WSR MGs.
I would love for someone else than a Vauxhall to win!
And most importantly...plenty of close action - no Snormula 1 strung out cars!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:50 (Ref:932709)   #10
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see wins by Chilton, Plato, Huff, Howell, Neal, Reid, Turkington, Thompson and Breeze
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:29 (Ref:932743)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I want to see is some rubbin' and some characters develop both on and off the track this year, I think Plato could be the catalyst...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:29 (Ref:932799)   #12
100%hondafan
Racer

England
Northampton
100%hondafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im hoping that Plato,Brezze,George and neal will kick arse this year

i want to see the gas car of john george do welland all the etcc cars beating the btcc cars.

also all the etcc field for the silverstone race.

also a game for the series or some 1 to make a mod for race driver 2.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:11 (Ref:933450)   #13
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the TOCA forum, Alan Gow said he expects 20 cars at Thruxton (which we have accounted for) and 24 at Brands, which means an extra BMW, 2 Vartas and possibly a 2nd Arena Civic...?
Old 7 Apr 2004, 17:32 (Ref:933693)   #14
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ATF
On the TOCA forum, Alan Gow said he expects 20 cars at Thruxton (which we have accounted for) and 24 at Brands, which means an extra BMW, 2 Vartas and possibly a 2nd Arena Civic...?
Hopefully you'll be right... so long as 'done deals' stay done!