Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Aug 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2529968)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP2 2009 - Spa-Francorchamps

The Ardennes are again with GP2 buzz, and Maldonado was the quickest on practice, ahead of Alvaro Parente and Giedo Van der Garde.

Alas, ScuderÃ*a Coloni (ex-FMSI) has his assets arrested due to an old demand made by Andy Soucek:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24592&cat=4
Old 28 Aug 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2530023)   #2
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Parente on pole, top 17 cars are within 1 second of his time!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78058
Old 29 Aug 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2530309)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes the interesting things from qualy, for me were:

Parente getting what seems like was an ace, last gasp pole lap.

Hulkenberg not getting the pole.

Nunes a stunning 4th

Maldonado down in 9th

Kobayashi having a mild resurgence with 10th (Sunday pole man perhaps?)

It's a drivers circuit, and no one can dispute that Alvaro ain't a driver!! Hopefully we get a race long tussle between him and Nico!!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2530446)   #4
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some link to see the race ?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2530448)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's on Eurosport, well British Eurosport 2 here anyhow.

Anyone got any feeds for anyone who hasn't got access to this channel?

BTW start delayed 15 mins because one of the emergency vehciles was called to attend to someone in the paddock.

It's going to be a dry race come what may.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2530449)   #6
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://es.justin.tv/rippermoreno27

An Ocean mechanic is injured.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2530455)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Perez unable to stop at his grid position necessitating another parade lap!!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2530470)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

For those who haven't managed to get any tv, Petrov is out with what appears to be blown engine on lap 14. Earlier he had a monster moment going up Eau Rouge when trying to take a stubborn Karun Chandok!!!

Well, the championship is finished unless Hulkenberg has at least a couple of non scores.

Rigon collected a spinning Chandhok, Karun had stopped for tyres.

Parente looks clear in the lead, Nico is 2nd, Di Grassi 3rd and Maldonado has just done Nunes for 4th but some uncertainty if he had made the move stick before a waved yellow period at Les Combes. Interesting to see if he can catch Di Grassi now.

Despite the relative carnage no SC period!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2530473)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Err well we'll get one now with 11 left!!

Valsecchi just cannoned into a spun Filippi (who had only taken him 2 laps previously) coming out of Les Combes.

There's only about 13 cars left, but there's only been a couple of accidents??!!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2530477)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it top 10 that score in race 1?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2530485)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Top 8 I think?

Plus 1 point for fastest lap.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2530488)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Maldonado pressuring Di Grassi who had a major wobble mid Eau Rouge last time but he's doing a mega defensive job!

Van de Garde just forced Nunes to go off track at the final chicane.

D'Ambrosio's had a black and orange and has pitted so Stefano Coletti is on for the Sunday pole if he can get past Kobayashi!!!

Hulkenberg gaining on Parente now....
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2530494)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

****, Coletti's crashed at Eau Rouge or something, replay looks like he's gone straight on at the bottom and slid sideways right side on onto the outside tyres.

Nasty, nasty shunt marshalls had to put a fire out but he's moving in cockpit.

As that was the penultimate lap, that'll be that.

Order:
Parente
Hulkenberg
Di Grassi
Maldonado
Nunes
Rodriguez
Van der Garde
Kobayashi
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2530496)   #14
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
huge shunt. I wonder what could have caused that? Wheel bearing, suspension?

Huge shame, i was hoping Pastor and Lucas would get together and give Stephan a Pole for tomorrow...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2530499)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes well it looked like the 2 in front tried to go up the hill side by side, and then he was next and then seemed to go straight on after an initial turn at least?

Must be a mechanical failure of some sort, unless someone ahead put some muck down on the line?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2530506)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well petrov trailed oil on the racing line for at least half a lap earlier...

there shouldn't really have been a fire in the car after hitting a wall head on should there??

edit: also remember 3 cars didn't even make the start (perera, the coloni cars). so that brought the numbers down straight away.

does anyone feel that they weren't justified in not letting perera start either races?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2530512)   #17
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
does anyone feel that they weren't justified in not letting perera start either races?
I can't even remember what he did now.

I thought that was a good race, especially by current GP2 standards. Nice to see Parente and Maldonado at the front of the field , I was mainly glad Pastor didn't go crazy and run into Di Grassi... Nasty accident for Coletti, as Bella mentions, the fire was the most surprising thing.

Just to go back to the start, do anyone know for sure what happened? I've heard various accounts, including someone being hit by a car in the pit lane to some metal dropping on someone. Was anything shown on screen?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2530517)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
I can't even remember what he did now.
shame on you

qualified outside 107% (on half the laps everyone else did), and didn't have good enough pace in the (wet/dry) practice session to justify the rules being bent...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2530534)   #19
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the replays on tv showed Petrov's car smoking heavily at Eau Rouge and a woman (his mother) repeatedly hitting one his pitwall engineers on the shoulder.

Petrov should get a penalty for laying oil on most of the fastest corners.

Hope Coletti is ok. The fire was massive, luckily the marshals dealt with it quickly.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2530543)   #20
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
shame on you
I hang my head...

Quote:
qualified outside 107% (on half the laps everyone else did), and didn't have good enough pace in the (wet/dry) practice session to justify the rules being bent...
The stewards seem to have it in for Pererae, specially when it comes to qualifying. I still can't believe they were so harsh on him for this incident.

Going back to Coletti's accident, what the heck was with the random shouting and explosions after the accident? It sounded like absolute chaos! You can hear it better on the video below which doesn't have commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqPDAqhsDhI

EDIT: Oh yeah, before I forget, Charlie Whiting pointing at Perez was funny after he overran his grid slot at the start.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2530557)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the noise and camera shaking seemed to be in the foreground where the camera was, which iirc is on the gp2/support pit building.

by the tyremarks he'd locked all 4 wheels, but if the throttle was open why would he carry straight on like that...

edit (really must think before i type): the durango site says that he's bruised but the car is unrepairable so they're just running 1 car tomorrow.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2530558)   #22
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
News on what happened to delay the race:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78135

Maybe not to blame, but I wasn't surprised to see Teixeira's name here...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2530560)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I don't think Petrov's failure contributed, I think his engine started to fail into Les Combes and he pulled off coming onto the back stretch IIRC. As that was 2/3 of a lap I think he should've pulled off asap though I agree.

Can't seem to find any news on Stefano though. Anyone got any news on the chap?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2530564)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by durango.it
Stefano suffered some bruises but tomorrow he will not be able to take the start just because his car monocoque cannot be repaired.
ropey english theirs not mine
Old 29 Aug 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2530566)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
ropey english theirs not mine
Indeed!

Thanks for that line bella!! Glad he's ok and hope he's fit for Monza.