Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Jul 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2726481)   #26
Steve917
Rookie

England
Stretham, Ely, Cambs
Steve917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know the paddock area at the back of the pits has never been open for public access at the bigger meetings in recent years. The GP paddock as they call it is the outer paddock area behind paddock hill and I think the reason they include this in the pit walkabout ticket is because at some of the bigger meets the pit walk has been cancelled so avoid having to give a refund they included access to the outer paddock.

If you must stalk drivers then why not hang around the Thistle Hotel outside the circuit (most of the drivers will be staying there) and you’ll avoid paying any sort of entrance fee whatsoever, simples.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2726511)   #27
Ferlaren
Rookie

United Kingdom
Orpington, Kent
Ferlaren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve917 View Post
As far as I know the paddock area at the back of the pits has never been open for public access at the bigger meetings in recent years. The GP paddock as they call it is the outer paddock area behind paddock hill and I think the reason they include this in the pit walkabout ticket is because at some of the bigger meets the pit walk has been cancelled so avoid having to give a refund they included access to the outer paddock.

If you must stalk drivers then why not hang around the Thistle Hotel outside the circuit (most of the drivers will be staying there) and you’ll avoid paying any sort of entrance fee whatsoever, simples.
I am telling the truth! The WTCC paddock pass is for the Saturday only so if you want to get into the "inner" paddock, then you can get a pass from the Megastore which is £20. Yes I know it's a lot of money, but believe me it's worth it.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2726512)   #28
Ferlaren
Rookie

United Kingdom
Orpington, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
You don't need a pass for the WTCC anyway. In my experience the drivers do plenty of appearances on the spectator's side of the fence if that's what you're after.
So in other words, I can go into the WTCC paddock anytime I like? And you can't do that for the BTCC because of its popularity.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2726562)   #29
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just found out something amazing: Brands Hatch has a telephone line!

Excuse the sarcasm, but why not just phone them?

Here, I even found it for you: 01474 872331
Or try the booking office: 0870 950 9000

That way you can ask the circuit directly. This new technology stuff is amazing!
Old 14 Jul 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2726587)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlaren View Post
So in other words, I can go into the WTCC paddock anytime I like? And you can't do that for the BTCC because of its popularity.
No by "the spectator's side of the fence" I mean the outside of the circuit. The outer paddock and the area along the outside of the Brabham Straight. There were numerous autograph sessions from manufacturers and sponsors there last time I went.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2726592)   #31
Ferlaren
Rookie

United Kingdom
Orpington, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
No by "the spectator's side of the fence" I mean the outside of the circuit. The outer paddock and the area along the outside of the Brabham Straight. There were numerous autograph sessions from manufacturers and sponsors there last time I went.
Well at least ever year since 2006 you are able to buy a one-day WTCC paddock pass from the Megastore that entitles you to access to the paddock alongside the Cooper Straight. However, you may have to exchange a pit walk pass to do this. I had a Saturday pass last year and the pit walk was cancelled, but they said you could exchange your pit pass for a paddock pass so therefore you can get into the paddock with a pass.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2726866)   #32
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Steve917;2726481]As far as I know the paddock area at the back of the pits has never been open for public access at the bigger meetings in recent years. The GP paddock as they call it is the outer paddock area behind paddock hill and I think the reason they include this in the pit walkabout ticket is because at some of the bigger meets the pit walk has been cancelled so avoid having to give a refund they included access to the outer paddock.

No, the GP Paddock is the area behind the pits, the area outside the track is the Outer Paddock. The only Pit Walkabout is on Sunday morning at 9:00 and is restricted to the pit lane, not the GP paddock.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2727039)   #33
Ferlaren
Rookie

United Kingdom
Orpington, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
[QUOTE=Steve917;2726481]As far as I know the paddock area at the back of the pits has never been open for public access at the bigger meetings in recent years. The GP paddock as they call it is the outer paddock area behind paddock hill and I think the reason they include this in the pit walkabout ticket is because at some of the bigger meets the pit walk has been cancelled so avoid having to give a refund they included access to the outer paddock.

No, the GP Paddock is the area behind the pits, the area outside the track is the Outer Paddock. The only Pit Walkabout is on Sunday morning at 9:00 and is restricted to the pit lane, not the GP paddock.
Yes, but in recent years as far as I can remember, if the pit walk is cancelled, you are able to exchange your pit walk pass (it is entitled for exchanges and refunds!) for a WTCC paddock pass. This happened only on the Saturday, but you can get into the paddock. The only paddock restriction is the BTCC, which is not allowed for the general paying public.