Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 May 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2878358)   #1
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
track 17

Here is my latest creation, fancifully named '17'. It has a few highlights. It starts with a pretty long straight, about 1km. Expect some overtakingaction in turn 1. The next few turns lead to the most interesting place of this track, turn 6. It is a long lefthander, wich goes steeply uphill. The entrance is made difficult by the fast righthander just in front of it, while racers executing the exit must already prepare for the following difficult hairpin. Difficult because the breakingzone is downhill, and the track goes a bit up already at the exit.
Meanwhile, the spectators have a great view on the drivers coming afroml the way down at turn 1.

After the slight rise between 7 and 8, there is some fast stuff, al the way down. At 11 we find the second place where overtaking must be possible. Especially since defending to hard hurts you immediately on the way to the last big brakingzone at 12.

the lap ends with another twist; the drivers have to enter 13 downhill, but in that corner the track flattens out, and later rises again, making a great exit extra difficult ánd important with the finischstraight ahead.

Hope you enjoyed this, comments and edits apreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
track17.bmp  
Old 10 May 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2878360)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately the colors are a bit poorer than they were in paint....
Old 10 May 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2878403)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First thought is that it looks like someone has taken Hungaroring and squished it up a bit.
Old 11 May 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2878617)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I see what you mean there /\

I really, really like this. I can imagine a little elevation change going through 2-7. Could be a really fun uphill climb alá up to T4 in Hungary, but extended.

The only change i'd make, and it's a minor, is bringing T7 out to the West of the track a little more to potentially open it up as an overtaking opportunity.

That's literally it - I really like it. Nice and fast. Also, T1 would be extremely quick. There's a small kink just before it, and the actual apex of the corner is only about 90 degrees, despite looking like a hairpin at first! Could be mayhem in lap 1, which is always fun!

Good job, man.

Selby
--
Sorry i've just read the intro to go with it! I was nearly right anyway Great minds...
Old 11 May 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2878926)   #5
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
I would not change the placing of turn 7. It is the entry of that turn that makes turn 6 just a bit more difficult. And since the purpose of turn 6 is to be as technical as possible, 7 should really be were it is now.

Given the scale of the track, I think turn 1 could be something like Tarzan at Zandvoort, or the first corner at Dijon-Prenois. The kink you see has more to do with my poor graphic skills combined with the excuse for a picture that this forum made of my paintfile.
Old 13 May 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2879816)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Gotya.

I wasn't telling you to change anything - I was just trying to offer some constructive criticism in aid of saving this dying forum.

Selby
Old 13 May 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2879933)   #7
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't look like there are any major overtaking opportunities, (maybe turn 1, turn 12 hard to tell but you get a good run in) but looks like a fabulous track to drive!