Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Jan 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2379563)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC Clubnight February

Our February Clubnight will be on 3rd at the White Horse pub at 8pm our guest speaker will be Andy Wallace.

Andy wallace started racing in 1976 in Formula Ford he has raced F3, F3000, DTM and most types of sportscar including winning at Le Mans, Daytona & Sebring.

Andy has just taken part in the Daytona 24hrs.

It is also hoped that the draw for BMMC marshals for the Super Day at Bedford Autodrome will also take place with Andy Wallace pulling the lucky ticket.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2381903)   #2
Alan Crook
Veteran

I have had confirmation from Andy that he will be there on Tuesday at 8.00pm
Old 30 Jan 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2382783)   #3
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope we don't jix Andy's season like we did Darren's Daytona!

Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2388082)   #4
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our last two guests, Darren Turner and Andy Wallace, have been hugely entertaining. Andy seems not to have changed since his early days in FF, mainly at Silverstone.

Thanks to Bob Sketchley and Alan and Fay Crook for organising such entertaining evenings.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2388087)   #5
Alan Crook
Veteran

Not a problem George as long as people continue to turn up for the clubnights we will continue to organize them.

I also thought Andy was very entertaining also good that he brought Catherine along, I`m sure she would have been a great guest speaker on her own, she is actually the daughter of Max Crawford but is a very talented aero dynamasist. For those reading this who were not there Catherine is married to Andy.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2388396)   #6
PeterM
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
PeterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another excellent evening. I'll echo George's thanks to Bob, Alan and Fay.

Programme is to start at 8, talk for an hour, drink/comfort break and finish around 10. We left at 1110 which shows how enthralled we were.

They say married couples should never be Bridge partners. Catherine is not only Andy's wife but his Crew Chief too!
Old 4 Feb 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2388494)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only these happened sometimes a bit north of Silverstone. Lots of interesting people I'd love to hear, but getting down there on a week-day is out of the question, unfortunately. Kudos to you for organising these events and getting such good speakers on a regular basis.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2388535)   #8
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Chris, but it is South Mids that organise the evenings and we do live in the Silverstone area. We do give as much notice as possible and invite all marshals along, you would be more than welcome on any evening.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 23:57 (Ref:2388577)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, I understand that, just wishful thinking on my part (since I'm an infrequent regular at Silverstone). I'd love to come, but the 200 mile round trip on a Wednesday evening starting in the midlands rush hour doesn't appeal too much!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2389841)   #10
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
If only these happened sometimes a bit north of Silverstone. Lots of interesting people I'd love to hear, but getting down there on a week-day is out of the question, unfortunately. Kudos to you for organising these events and getting such good speakers on a regular basis.
The Midland Region now has a Social Secretary and she will hopefully be setting something up in the near future.

Check out the BMMC Midland Social Activities thread for latest events.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2389921)   #11
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've long said that if they are able to do this sort of thing at Silverstone, then why can't the other regions do the same or similar (mind you, as the White Horse is spitting distance...).

But then again I've always held out against joining any committee, so who am I to talk.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2389937)   #12
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shelagh:- Fay Alan,Pete and myself are not on the SM commitee, we just talk to drivers etc and ask them along. I am sure any one of would pass contact details over if asked.