Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3283557)   #1
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2014 USCR Entry List Speculation

I thought it was a good time to put one of these things together since there have been quite a few announcement recently. I tried to make this pretty conservative and understand that it might shrink/grow a lot.

P (20/24x)

2x Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x 8 Star Motorsports Coyote Chevy
2x Action Express Coyote Chevy
2x Level 5 HPD ARX-03b Honda
2x Michael Shank Racing Riley Ford
2x Team Sahlen Riley BMW
1/2x Wayne Taylor Racing Coyote Chevy
1/2x Starworks Riley BMW
1/2x Dyson Racing P2
1/2x Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Riley BMW
1x GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Coyote Chevy
1x Deltawing Racing Cars Deltawing Elan
1x Spirit of Daytona Coyote Chevy
1x Marsh Racing Coyote Chevy

P Rumored

2x Audi Sport DP/P2
1x Pickett Racing/Muscle Milk P2
1x Conquest Racing P2
1x Mazdaspeed Lola B12/80 Mazda
1x Panther Racing

PC (7/9x)

2x BAR 1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1/2x Star 8/DragonSpeed Mishumotors Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1/2x Starworks Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1x RSR Racing Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1x Performance Tech Motorsports Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1x PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Oreca FLM09 Chevy
1x CORE Autosport Oreca FLM09 Chevy

GTLM (11x)

2x Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
2x BWM Team RLL BMW Z4 GTE
2x SRT Motorsports SRT Viper GTS-R
1x Falken Tire Porsche 991 GT3-RSR
1x Team West/AJR Ferrari 458 GTE
1x Paul Miller Racing Porsche 991 GT3-RSR
1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 458 GTE
1x CORE Autosport Porsche 991 GT3-RSR

GTLM Rumored

2x Factory Connected Porsche 991 GT3-RSR
1x TRG Aston Martin Vantage GTE

GTD (19/21x)

2x Dempsey Racing/Del Piero Porsche 997 GT3
2x Speedsource/Mazdaspeed Mazda6 GX
2x Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 997 GT3
1/2x Turner Motorsports
1/2x AIM Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia Grand-Am
1x Park Place Motorsports Porsche 997 GT3
1x Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia Grand-Am
1x JDX Racing Porsche 997 GT3
1x Alex Job Racing Porsche 997 GT3
1x NGT Motorsport Porsche 997 GT3
1x Snow Racing/Wright Motorsports Porsche 997 GT3
1x TRG Aston Martin Vantage GT3
1x SRT Motorsports SRT Viper GT3
1x Magnus Racing Porsche 997 GT3
1x Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche 997 GT3
1x Fall-Line Motorsports Audi R8 Grand-Am

GTD Rumored

1x AF Waltrip Ferrari 458 Italia Grand-Am
1x Black Swan Racing Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
1x Stevenson Motorsports
1x Brumos Racing Porsche 997 GT3
1x BGB Motorsports
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3283565)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
There was a rumor floating around that AIM may do GTLM in a Ferrari. Any merit to that?

Also, the thread title should be changed to 2014 USCR Entry List Speculation.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3283570)   #3
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ok so riddle me this, what is the point of Action Express or Spirit of Daytona continuing if there are going to be 20 P cars?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 02:43 (Ref:3283588)   #4
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
There was a rumor floating around that AIM may do GTLM in a Ferrari. Any merit to that?

Sorry quite a typo. A fix by the moderators would be much appreciated.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3283599)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
L5 continues to be a day to day thing, as their court case continues in the wrong direction. (Yes there has been recent updates, that didn't go well for them).

While BMW might stay, it has been suggested maybe not in Z4's.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 03:34 (Ref:3283602)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Came from the horses mouth, so to speak.

L.P.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3283605)   #7
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
When is Acura planning to run the new NSX GTE car? Is it next year or the year after?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 04:46 (Ref:3283624)   #8
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
When is Acura planning to run the new NSX GTE car? Is it next year or the year after?
That's for 2015 from what I've read, though it seems weird that the car won't be available until then because I feel like I've been seeing pictures of it in auto magazines for the past 2 years.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3283632)   #9
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The road car prototype will lap mid Ohio before the Indy car race .http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...,7689523.story
Old 30 Jul 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3283679)   #10
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was under the impression that Flying Lizard were only intending to do GTC this year and return to GTLM when they were able to get a 991
Old 30 Jul 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3283708)   #11
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's pretty wildly speculative, but I will go out on a limb and say there will be an entry list for the first event, which might be at Daytona. I refuse to go any further out on that limb.

As for ActExp and SoD ... the other P2 and DP owners could organize and demand the same deals from NASCAR that those two teams are getting .... Hahahah....the owners could organize! I crack myself up.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3283887)   #12
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
L5 continues to be a day to day thing, as their court case continues in the wrong direction. (Yes there has been recent updates, that didn't go well for them).
Link? Info? Still waiting for the FBI chains and locks to go back on the doors....
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3283889)   #13
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elton Julian looking to run his GT3 R8, via Twitter:

Quote:
Looking more and more likely. We will be there if allowed and run [the R8] alongside our PC program
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3283891)   #14
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
It's pretty wildly speculative, but I will go out on a limb and say there will be an entry list for the first event, which might be at Daytona. I refuse to go any further out on that limb.

As for ActExp and SoD ... the other P2 and DP owners could organize and demand the same deals from NASCAR that those two teams are getting .... Hahahah....the owners could organize! I crack myself up.
I wonder if that will go away? If it does will those teams go away too?
Old 30 Jul 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3283916)   #15
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Elton Julian looking to run his GT3 R8, via Twitter:
I had a feeling this would happen since Elton was pushing for GT3 cars to be allowed into ALMS GTC this year (so that he could run the R8). So it makes sense that with a new opportunity he would follow his original plan.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3283929)   #16
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizox View Post
i was under the impression that Flying Lizard were only intending to do GTC this year and return to GTLM when they were able to get a 991
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Not a peep out of them about it so far this season, though, which worries me that they may be content to stick in GTD. Hopefully GTLM won't turn into the old ALMS GT1.

It would be great to see them back again, racing with Risi, Corvette, Viper, BMW, etc.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3284253)   #17
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizox View Post
Doubt it. They're building a customer program...

-mike
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3284270)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Link? Info? Still waiting for the FBI chains and locks to go back on the doors....
http://www.yumanewsnow.com/index.php...-indian-tribes
Old 31 Jul 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3284282)   #19
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
The question about Porsche in GTLM is really when and how the 991 will be introduced into the USCR. Does Porsche create a pure factory team, do they hire someone to run the car (Flying Lizards or somebody else), or just leave it to privateers? And in any case, to what degree will the 991 even be available to privateers in 2014, and how does as all this effect the three teams that currently run GTE Porsches in the ALMS.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3284294)   #20
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The question about Porsche in GTLM is really when and how the 991 will be introduced into the USCR. Does Porsche create a pure factory team, do they hire someone to run the car (Flying Lizards or somebody else), or just leave it to privateers? And in any case, to what degree will the 991 even be available to privateers in 2014, and how does as all this effect the three teams that currently run GTE Porsches in the ALMS.
I can't speak for Porsche (obviously), but their entire GT racing program is for customers. There's no way there will be a real factory team in USCR next year and there's no way they'd run a full factory team against competitors (customers) in the same car. Once they release the 991 RSR to customers there might be some factory supported teams (like FLMS in the past), but that's it.

-mike
Old 31 Jul 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3284429)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I can't speak for Porsche (obviously), but their entire GT racing program is for customers. There's no way there will be a real factory team in USCR next year and there's no way they'd run a full factory team against competitors (customers) in the same car. Once they release the 991 RSR to customers there might be some factory supported teams (like FLMS in the past), but that's it.

-mike
Mike, I'm not sure how much factory involvement was meant in this article, but it seems Porsche hadn't ruled out a factory GTLM program as of this April:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...gram-for-2014/

Of course, the only really important Porsche is the Falken Tire car!
Old 1 Aug 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3284451)   #22
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the pony cars going to be gone for next year? What's Stevenson thinking of doing?
Old 1 Aug 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3284726)   #23
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardfolk View Post
Are the pony cars going to be gone for next year? What's Stevenson thinking of doing?
My understanding from talking with people on the team is the Camaro's are definitely not being run next year (they have no interest in Pro-Am category). I think they would like to run DP, but the costs are high and I don't think they'd get much help from GM. I also think GrandAm is throwing them a bone (BOP) for this year to help them finish out strong after so many years of supporting the series. If they go out on top, John is more likely to pony up for the DP class next year.

-mike
Old 1 Aug 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3284738)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I also think GrandAm is throwing them a bone (BOP) for this year to help them finish out strong after so many years of supporting the series.
-mike
That thought has crossed my mind a time or two as well. Something I hope ceases in USCR.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3284776)   #25
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardfolk View Post
Well there is a FIA GT3 Camaro built by Reitner Engineering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AIJecvXIR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQVUVJSAnU