Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Aug 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3569796)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR Silverstone 2015

time for the World Sereis by Reanult cars to hit Silverstone with 4 seats need to be filled next weekend due to clashing races
Old 30 Aug 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3569808)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and if you can't make it to silverstone, park yourself in front of your telly - over 12 hours of live coverage and all 7 races being broadcast on bt sport with presenters on site.

somewhat bittersweet to see the level of coverage the event supported in one of its final events in its current format in a way, but there you are...
Old 30 Aug 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3569854)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idiotic to have this clashing with F1 and GP2 in Monza. I know what I'll be watching on Sky+
Old 30 Aug 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3569855)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
blame motogp for taking the original date, it was supposed to be happening this weekend...
Old 30 Aug 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3569980)   #5
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With F1, GP2, GP3, European F3, Euroformula Open and ELMS all racing next weekend, it's difficult to see how all the available seats are going to be filled.

I'm guessing that Meindert van Buuren will carry on with Pons, this time subbing for Roberto Merhi while he's at Monza.

You'd imagine that Lotus would definetely want to have a team-mate to aid Vaxiviere in his title fight so for me it would be nice to see someone like Marco Sorensen get the seat, even if it were just for one weekend - he knows the series, the car and importantly the team so it would make sense too.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3570165)   #6
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll jump in a seat if they're desperate. And when I say desperate, I mean it!
Old 31 Aug 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3570208)   #7
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alfonso Celis has tweeted to say he'll be racing at Silverstone with AVF and thus misses the GP3 round at Monza.
Old 1 Sep 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3570438)   #8
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be a great weekend!
Old 2 Sep 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3570776)   #9
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Bratt will replace Monza bound Merhi
Old 2 Sep 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3570786)   #10
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I was a bit surprised when I saw the announcement, but fair play to him!

So at the moment we have 19 cars for the weekend with Lotus yet to announce anyone to partner Vaxiviere. It would have been nice to see Comtec at their home round, but there's been no news recently so I doubt we'll see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi View Post
Going to be a great weekend!
Should be a great event all round! I'm going on the Sunday and so far the weather forecast looks fairly good.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3570798)   #11
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marlon Stockinger will finish the season at Lotus-Charouz, although he will miss this particular round.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120567
Old 2 Sep 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3570868)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wonder how busy it will be? I hope there is a support but not to the insane degree the meeting suffered from when it was free!!
Old 2 Sep 2015, 22:45 (Ref:3570873)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
think it's going to be quite civilised, chunty. judging by the amount of pushing silverstone have been doing on twitter anyway...!
Old 3 Sep 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3570974)   #14
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
Seeing the response among a few social networks, it does sound like it's going to be a popular event! Plus lets be honest, for £8 you'd be a little silly not to have a weekend out (and it's supposedly dry, winner!)
Old 3 Sep 2015, 09:57 (Ref:3570991)   #15
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Interesting driver news emerging.. Simon Trummer is apparently replacing Nick Yelloly in the #24 Hilmer Motorsport GP2 car for the Monza weekend and rumours are that Yelloly will race with Lotus in FR3.5 at Silverstone.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3571040)   #16
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
Interesting driver news emerging.. Simon Trummer is apparently replacing Nick Yelloly in the #24 Hilmer Motorsport GP2 car for the Monza weekend and rumours are that Yelloly will race with Lotus in FR3.5 at Silverstone.
Yelloly has been confirmed so I read earlier! He changes teams quicker than British weather changes it's mind!
Old 4 Sep 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3571314)   #17
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know why Yelloly didn't try and make a proper fist out of FR3.5. He always looked much quicker there than GP2/3
Old 4 Sep 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3571406)   #18
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Don't know why Yelloly didn't try and make a proper fist out of FR3.5. He always looked much quicker there than GP2/3
That's quite true, he'd built himself a nice platform with his 2012 season and it was a shame not to see him carry the momentum over into 2013.

Once again, Tio Ellinas is fastest after Friday's running, but the obvious question is can he finally transfer his traditional Friday performances over to the weekend? As usual, I really hope he can finally break his podium duck, which would be fitting at Strakka's home round.

I just have this feeling that Nyck de Vries might be one to watch this weekend - he had a great weekend in Austria last time out and he seems to be making consistent progress at each round - DAMS seem to have got over their Hungaroring blip too and are looking in good shape for a strong weekend.

Hats off to Will Bratt too - he hasn't raced a single-seaters in nearly four years and was only just over 0.1s shy of teammate Armand in the afternoon session.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 09:15 (Ref:3571500)   #19
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
And Tio gets his first FR3.5 pole ahead of Vaxiviere!

Rowland and Jaafar on row two with Fantin and Dillmann on row three.

Stoneman only 11th and Will Bratt qualified 17th ahead of Philo Paz Armand.

Yelloly and Nissany both failed to set a time.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3571534)   #20
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great 3.5 race for 2nd position.

Massive accident on lap 1 of the Formula Renault 2.0 race, one car on top of the barriers and another about 30 foot into the air. Both drivers okay but wouldn't surprised if Ferdinand Habsburg doesnt have some back problems.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3571549)   #21
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Just seen the Habsburg accident and I haven't seen a single-seater get that high in the air in a long time! Sounds as if he and Daruvala (the one who ended on top of the barriers) escaped pretty much unharmed so that's good news.

As for FR3.5, what a race from Tio! He drove a brilliant race, no mistakes and was never really under any real pressure. Great result for him and Strakka - hopefully he can keep this momentum going for the rest of the season.

Rowland seriously impressed me with his racecraft in some of the battles he was involved in and his overtakes at The Loop were excellently judged - made all the better by the fact his brakes were on fire on the grid which didn't bode well!

It's a shame that Stoneman had his second DNF in a row and also for Jaafar as his early season form has just vanished over the past few rounds.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3571776)   #22
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a great day out there yesterday, i missed the last WSR event 4 years ago so was looking forward to this. Thankfully the weather stayed cool but dry which seemed to bring plenty people out to watch.
Good racing from all the series involved and best news is tho no one suffered any major injuries from the 2 first lap crashes in the FR2.0 race.
Plus as a bonus it was great to hear a proper F1 engine again.

Anyway here my vid from the day, including at 6:25 mark the RB8 doing a good rendition of God Save the Queen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCu...ature=youtu.be
Old 6 Sep 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3571790)   #23
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vaxiviere bags pole for R2, trying to keep his title hopes alive. He's the only man who can match Rowland right now.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3571795)   #24
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He didnt just take pole, he absolutely smashed it. 7 tenths over Rowland, crazy lap.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3571857)   #25
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Rowland strikes back! Vaxiviere 2nd after putting up a good fight, with Fantin getting his first podium of the season in 3rd...