Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Apr 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1288134)   #1
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haydon back at Suzuki........for now.

James Haydon has been called up by Rizla Suzuki to replace the injured John Reynolds and race for the team at the next two rounds, starting at Oulton Park this weekend.

Also, Steve Plater and Ryuichi Kiyonari face hospital checks to see if they are fit to ride after their respective get-offs at Mallory last Sunday.

Plus, the rumour is that Jeremy McWilliams has quit the Stobart Honda team........how true this is, is open to conjecture as the rumour was that Haydon would be replacing him.................. I was of the understanding that Paul Bird was looking to slim the team down to two riders after the terrible start to their season?

All will be revealed on Saturday at Oulton in the first free practice session!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1288308)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was Hayden dropped from the Airwaves/GSE Ducati team? I know Lavilla is doing exceptionally well as his replacement, but according to an interview we saw with the team owner on our coverage over here of Round 2 on the weekend (when interviewed after the race), he said they would have 3 bikes at the next round....obviously not.

Good to see he gets a ride, albeit temporarily, he had a good chance with the Ducati
Old 27 Apr 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1288361)   #3
CallumC
Rookie

Scotland
Preston, Lancashire
CallumC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he stepped down "for the interest of the team", or so he told every one. wasn't dropped supposedly.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1288410)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm actusally pretty concerned by Suzuki's performances so far. Obviously Reynolds isn't 100% fit and has given up on his attempt at riding through the pain, which ultimately ends his championship chances, but Scott Smart has largely failed to be competitive as well.

Paul Bird was a little too ambitious this season. The team completely under-estimated how difficult it would be to run a Honda competitively, and I woldn't be surprised if Jezza is regretting his choice, and feeling that he might be better off out of it.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1288870)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gotta agree wit you there boots. Seems with Denning notbeing there the team have lost a bit of leadership maybe.
Think another reason might be tat Smarty had to do a lot of the testing and maybe the bike is not that well set up. Dont know if JR and Scott have different styles?
Have to say I dont know why Scott left for Suzuki, he, the team at Hawk and the bike just worked together. Must have been money I reckon, the rass isnt always greener but then you have to try eh!
As for Greg I think Wright new a good un when he saw it, Haydon had no chance of winning the title and is a crasher alwas has been. He signed Greg with no intention of having three riders, he couldnt get hold of another 2 bikes, not at that money!
Was just careful management i my opinion
Old 27 Apr 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1288915)   #6
Junior Senior
Racer

McWill is not riding at Oulton due to a shoulder injury which he picked up at Thruxton, and which restricted his performance at Mallory.
The Stobart team will now run just the two existing Blades for Gary Mason and Michael Laverty with McWill hoping to be back for his home race at Mondello Park.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1289028)   #7
Howard G
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
Howard G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with you Chunder, since Paul Denning went off to run the Moto Gp effort for Suzuki although he's in the background something seems to have gone wrong over the winter
Think with J.R breaking his leg and Scott Smart being new to the team and perhaps the bike not quite suiting his style? they are having trouble
Suprising though when you look at WSB and AMA the bike is obviously superfast straight out of the box
As for Haydon he's going try and put on a good show as he's after a job now - but think your right he's always been prone to sending the bike down the road and him along with it

Last edited by Howard G; 27 Apr 2005 at 23:46.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 23:52 (Ref:1289032)   #8
Howard G
Rookie

England
Hertfordshire
Howard G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Senior
McWill is not riding at Oulton due to a shoulder injury which he picked up at Thruxton, and which restricted his performance at Mallory.
The Stobart team will now run just the two existing Blades for Gary Mason and Michael Laverty with McWill hoping to be back for his home race at Mondello Park.
Will we see Mcwilliams back out with Stobbart racing again?, Paul bird was saying on Sky TV during Mallory park meeting that he was going to knock the team back down to two bikes in effort to bring on the development quicker and that perhaps they were over confident to run three in the first place
Plus when Mcwilliams pulled into the pits during race they didn't even speak or look at one another
Shame if he does drop out from BSB as it's good for the series to have a Moto GP rider come into it
Old 28 Apr 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1289357)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure the decision on which of the 3 riders is dropped won't be made until after Oulton. Laverty has obvious potential and McWilliams can offer the team a lot if he returns to form and fitness, and can find the motivation for wht will obviously be a much tougehr season than he bargained for. Mason's position might be the most vulnerable as he's been anonymous so far this season and also flopped at Yamaha last year.

In theory, moving to Suzuki was a good move for Scott, as the bike is surely better and he was taking on a really good team-mate. The end result has been rather different, perhaps due to Reynolds' injury and the resultant effects on testing, and perhaps a lack of leadership. Looking at BSB and WSBK together it's difficult to know whether the Honda or Suzuki is teh better bike.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1289572)   #10
Junior Senior
Racer

The advantage that Mason brings to any team is cash with his Vent Axia money.
If it was on ability alone i think he would be first out of the door but money talks....
Old 8 May 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1295614)   #11
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8th and 4th respectively on a new bike seems like a good start for him, hopefully he can improve next week in Ireland, Scott seems to be having a bad start to the season though, infact, the team seems to be having a bit of a difficult one.
Old 9 May 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1296725)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How good is Scott Smart really? I can't help but thinking his 2004 results were no better than what a fully-fit Glen Richards might have gained. Haydon has jumped straight onto the bike and given him a run for his money.