Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1830707)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It should be noted that a member of our mod team, Tim Northcutt, is the PR contact for the North American Modern Endurance Challenge (NAMEC). The series will be run in conjunction with the NASA Pro Western Endurance Racing Championship, to start, with the goal of growing to national participation and coverage.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 1 Feb 2007, 00:29 (Ref:1830715)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
IIRC there are GT cars in VdeV as well. Are there also plans for a GT-category in NAMEC? And if so, what kind of cars? VdeV-specifications or specs for existing cars in North America?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 02:54 (Ref:1830761)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The GT plans will follow the growth of the NAMEC series into a standalone race. One option mooted around has been in the vein of GT3. I believe it comes down to what is agreed upon between Edouard Sezionale and Van de Vyver.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jan 2008, 18:39 (Ref:2102059)   #29
ScuderiaV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
ScuderiaV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pilbeam have released details of their new Virage sportscar, which will be eligible for both VdeV series. 4 cars are being produced and will be testing in the UK. From the CAD images the front splitter arrangement bears a clear resemblance to the MP93 LMP2 car.

More details at: http://www.pilbeamracing.co.uk/index2.html
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2102078)   #30
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaV8
Pilbeam have released details of their new Virage sportscar, which will be eligible for both VdeV series. 4 cars are being produced and will be testing in the UK. From the CAD images the front splitter arrangement bears a clear resemblance to the MP93 LMP2 car.

More details at: http://www.pilbeamracing.co.uk/index2.html
Why dig up an old thread that has no credance? This car is specifically designed for CN and VdeV, and as such bears little resemblance to the LMP class of cars Pilbeam have built. No carbon and a tubeframe sees this car in a very competetive field of Juno's and Ligiers, awesome to watch and great fun to be in(privaledged to be taken for a run in the VdeV championship car) As I see it VdeV uk and Britsports are a totally separate ballgame to LMS. Great prooving ground for younger drivers and better than the pedestrian 206 spider cup(yawn) as a feeder for LMS teams.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2102098)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Why dig up an old thread that has no credance? This car is specifically designed for CN and VdeV, and as such bears little resemblance to the LMP class of cars Pilbeam have built. No carbon and a tubeframe sees this car in a very competetive field of Juno's and Ligiers, awesome to watch and great fun to be in(privaledged to be taken for a run in the VdeV championship car) As I see it VdeV uk and Britsports are a totally separate ballgame to LMS. Great prooving ground for younger drivers and better than the pedestrian 206 spider cup(yawn) as a feeder for LMS teams.
?

CN, VdeV, etcetera = "LMP3"
Old 8 Jan 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2102130)   #32
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
?

CN, VdeV, etcetera = "LMP3"
I havent said that at all!!! In fact just the opposite these arent LMP3 they are totally different! Was asking the OP why he had posted the obvious in this old thread!
Old 9 Jan 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2102255)   #33
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Umm I'm pretty confident I'm qualified to say that FIRE is correct...

CN/VdeV/Lites = LMP3.

Spoke to Mike today - the chassis is pretty much finished, he was gutted that it couldn't be at the show after I found a space for it.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2102769)   #34
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Umm I'm pretty confident I'm qualified to say that FIRE is correct...

CN/VdeV/Lites = LMP3.

Spoke to Mike today - the chassis is pretty much finished, he was gutted that it couldn't be at the show after I found a space for it.
Ok my bad! I sit firmly corrected! Hope you are gonna come a berate me in person! Would be good to put a face to such a knowledgable chap! I'm on the BMMC stand hall 9.

ETA Apologies to the OP and FIRE! You were right and Im now licking my wounds! (Figuratively speaking of course)

Last edited by Justin Moran; 9 Jan 2008 at 18:34.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 00:25 (Ref:2103061)   #35
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yup I'll swing by.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2106000)   #36
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
bickers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be very interesting to see how the Pilbeam goes,I'm not sure they realise just how competitive VdeV is! Will also be interesting to see how the new Chiron goes,looks smart,as usual Henry has produced a cracking looking bit of kit!
I hear that VdeV France is pretty much fully subscribed and with 25 cars expected for the first Uk round it's all looking very exciting,We will hopefully be at the first Uk round with the new Bicknell ps7,should be great racing!
Old 14 Jan 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2106166)   #37
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Had a few chats over the weekend with various owners/racers and sponsors about the VdeV uk series and I must admit Im very excited at the prospect of a super calender of races to look forward to! As to my earlier post Im now in full knowledge of the CN LMP3 thing and will concede wholeheartedly I was mistaken in my beliefs!

Cant wait for the season to get under way! I'll see them at both Oulton Park and Anglesey! Maybe another one as well, but we'll see!
Old 15 Jan 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2106674)   #38
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I hope I'll get to see them but I'm not sure.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2125933)   #39
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
New Bicknell PS7

Hi guys,

Just a quick note on the new Bicknell PS7,released on dailysportscar recently.

PS and if you're on Facebook,we have a group on there under the name of Bicknell motorsport,do feel free to add us!

Thanks,

Matt Bicknell

Last edited by bickers; 10 Feb 2008 at 20:22.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2126249)   #40
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by bickers
Hi guys,

Just a quick note on the new Bicknell PS7,released on dailysportscar recently.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...nID=PYMCTASVAK

PS and if you're on Facebook,we have a group on there under the name of Bicknell motorsport,do feel free to add us!

Thanks,

Matt Bicknell
Nice looking car Matt! I hope you will be competetive, wish you all the luck for the season, I'll try to drop in at either Doninton, Anglesey or Oulton park, I'm marshaling all three so should see you there!
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2126467)   #41
ICR
Rookie

ICR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of so many manufacturers, wich ones are worth it and wich arent? Whats the car to have to be competitive in this sort of series?
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:34 (Ref:2126470)   #42
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICR
Out of so many manufacturers, wich ones are worth it and wich arent? Whats the car to have to be competitive in this sort of series?
From last years results either the Juno, Norma or the Ligier. But as with anything racecar oriented a new season brings new developments and a couple of new manufacturers so anythings possible and only time will tell if they have made the grade!
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2126474)   #43
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
The Ligier is good, Norma's reworked M20 looks to be strong, Juno's always win races too. It will be interesting to see how the Chiron, Radical, Bicknell and ADR fare. I have to say though this year my money is on a JS49 winning all three championships
Old 11 Feb 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2126628)   #44
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
Thanks for the comments on the car,we will be highly disappointed and surprised if we are not challenging straight away,come by and say hello if you're marshaling there. The Normas have always been quickest in VdeV France last year,with the Ligier about a second off with Juno usually a couple of seconds off,although Juno did get closer towards the end of the year! The Juno had 2 good steady drivers and great reliability,that helped towards the title.
Out of the new cars coming in, I think the Chiron will be quick,if you believe Radical then the aero changes they have made to the bodywork(30 percent gained seems a bit high to me)then they should be quick.The Bicknell will be good,although I am a wee bit biased as I'm Rob Bicknell's son!I don't really see the ADR doing all that well although we may be surprised,and it will be interesting to see how the Pilbeam goes.

I will post the press release and pics again for those of you who aren't
subscribed to dailysportscar.

Matt Bicknell
Old 11 Feb 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2126632)   #45
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
New Bicknell PS7
Getting Ready For UK VdeV Debut

There’ll be another name joining the ranks of Juno, Norma, Chiron etc on the VdeV UK grids in the coming season, with the new Bicknell PS7 hitting the track in its a first shakedown test at a chilly Silverstone last week.

The PS7's designer Rob Bicknell was delighted with his latest creation: "For a brand new car to run without major issues is a great start to any programme, and I'm particularly pleased that Chris reported that he was comfortable in the car immediately.
British GT and Britsports racer Chris Ward: "The Bicknell felt good straight out of the box. The car was easy to drive, no buffeting and with loads of torque low down.

"Even though we ran today with a temporary damper solution (the PS7's custom dampers not ready for the test) the signs are there that the car can be set up to be challenging strongly straight away."

”We're now getting really excited about the Donington race (the first round of VdeV UK on the 12/13 April),” adds Matt Bicknell.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/publis...8D2-1143-FDC9-
35EFE7EA6818D6E2&_sessionID=W6MC5JBGGJ&_subSessionID=QJ4MCSU4BY

http://www.dailysportscar.com/publis...nID=QJ4MCSU4BY

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot...428307_652.jpg

Last edited by bickers; 11 Feb 2008 at 17:07.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2126691)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice looking car
Old 13 Feb 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2127949)   #47
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
Cheers Fire!
Old 13 Feb 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2128028)   #48
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet looking car.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2128299)   #49
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
Cheers,

lets just hope it goes as well as you guys think it looks!What do you guys reckon to the start of the livery,colour, ect! Obviously not the finished article yet!
Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2128329)   #50
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
will see when its done. There are some horribly ugly paintjobs in VdeV