Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2994811)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MG Car Club

Opening meeting for the club.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3014905)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Our first 50's race under the new FISCAR banner. Hope as many of you can make it. Very important that we create a good impression from the start.
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3014907)   #3
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this going to be the same as the "iconic" series for 50's cars that the MGCC ran a few races for last year?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3014933)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, different set of regs (see www.fiscar.org). MGCC regs are different for theirs, but where MGCC run their Iconic 50's races (not run at this meeting) and we are on the same bill, there maybe cars that are eligible for both so an opportunity to have a second race at the same meeting. The same also applies when they run new Ecurie GTS races (run at this meeting).

Last edited by John Turner; 21 Jan 2012 at 12:16.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3015625)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I shall be there, waving tea towels on sticks again (in theory at least).
Old 7 Apr 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3054728)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, it's tomorrow, so better bring this one to the top. All the usual MG fare plus our FISCAR race which has quite a good entry list for a first so early in the season, so fingers crossed that we give a good account of ourselves. As my plaster cast only came off my leg on Wednesday, my neighbour is taking me, but I should be limping (but only slightly!) around endeavouring to capture a few shots of the proceedings.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3054729)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck John, I'm sure it will be a success.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3054745)   #8
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John (and Mark),
I agree, it is a really nice entry for a first round. I hope everyone enjoys their race and the competitors appreciate the very hard work you guys have put in to making this series happen.
Chris
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3054751)   #9
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent entry for the GTS race. Biggest grid of the day. Sadly I've had to withdraw my entry due to issues with the engine block. A new one is currnetly being created by Peter Burgess!
Old 7 Apr 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3054758)   #10
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Running the Grantura in the Ecurie GTS race tomorrow - just off to load up now. Great grid, should be a good race.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3054764)   #11
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
We hope to be having some fun with the ZS180 in the Peter Best series - but as it's a combined grid with the Trophy ZRs anything could happen, just hope to come out of the day unscathed
Old 8 Apr 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3055323)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Excellent entry for the GTS race. Biggest grid of the day. Sadly I've had to withdraw my entry due to issues with the engine block. A new one is currnetly being created by Peter Burgess!

Not valve cut outs too far down I hope.
Old 8 Apr 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3055375)   #13
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Not valve cut outs too far down I hope.
You shouldn't need cut outs on an 83.5mm bore
Old 8 Apr 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3055504)   #14
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
We hope to be having some fun with the ZS180 in the Peter Best series - but as it's a combined grid with the Trophy ZRs anything could happen, just hope to come out of the day unscathed
A couple of great results for you and Alex. One of your better days??
Old 8 Apr 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3055561)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
thanks Dan, sure was - Alex's first overall win, and my consolation was driver of the race for finishing 2nd, from the back of the grid
Old 9 Apr 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3055718)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
This was very well organised by the MGCC, although I only got to see two of the races - Ecurie GTS (great grid) and our FISCAR race, for reasons I won't bore you with. Very pleased with the FISCAR grid of 22 cars - lovely cars and well presented who gave a good account of themselves, I feel. My recovering foot, stood up well to the walking but I had a disastrous day (again) with my cameras so no pics, I'm afraid. Would be good if someone out that can post a few.

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Apr 2012 at 10:01.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3055819)   #17
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
23 cars actually !!!! with another one pulled at the last minute. The race went well as had a lot of close racing. Sadly, several DNF's due to early season mechanicals (including me). Easter hit us a bit hard on entries but well done to others for getting a turnout.
Next race will be the full Historic team race format at Brands in 4 weeks time so with a max grid size of 32. I suggest we all get our entry papers in asap !!!!!!

Last edited by John Turner; 15 Apr 2012 at 09:40.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3055825)   #18
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mark & John et al for a good event, nice touch was prizes for classes & a bouquet for Anne.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3056817)   #19
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the podium from the FISCar race, and the presentation to Anne Reed.

What a load of reprobates, the guys - not Anne of course......

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0342.jpg   IMG_0341.jpg  
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3059329)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, I can supply a few pics of our FISCAR race, the first 2 courtesy of Jon Gross and the second two of my 'older' camera:-
Attached Thumbnails
50's 020awbJG.jpg   50's 024awbJG.jpg   FISCARDON8April2012 102mb.jpg  

FISCARDON8April2012 103wb.jpg  
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3060061)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few more from my old camera which has rescued me more than once:-
Attached Thumbnails
FISCARDON8April2012 105wb.jpg   FISCARDON8April2012 109wb.jpg   FISCARDON8April2012 119wb.jpg  

FISCARDON8April2012 124wb.jpg   FISCARDON8April2012 128wb.jpg   FISCARDON8April2012 146wb.jpg