Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1029257)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Micheal's successor

Who will it be... i can't see it being Rubinho do you. I would heve to say Fernando Alonso or Fellipe Massa would be my favourites with and maybe drop Rubens at the end of 06 and bring in someone like Sato to play the Traditional No' 2. Your Thoughts????
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1029269)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Do you mean successor as in #1 seat at Ferrari, or as in next WDC?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:42 (Ref:1029275)   #3
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it me, or are you making the wild assumption that Michael will retire before 2006? He doesn't know himself yet, so I can't see how anyone else can.

As to who his replacement will be, whenever that is, I think you're right that Rubens isn't quite up to assuming team leadership. And by the end of 2006 I could see him looking elsewhere.

But my crystal ball isn't yet good enough to see who of half a dozen or more will have distinguished themselves above the others. Maybe Webber if he doesn't land a Willi seat, quite possibly Alonso. Dunno about those who'll be at Mac and Willi in 2005 - their contracts would not be cheap to buy out.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:47 (Ref:1029280)   #4
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Well its being rumored in the "Gazzeta Della Sport" that his wife Corrina said she does not wish for him to continue after he's beaten Fangios record and when they spoke about post 2006 Micheal wasn't included but this could be false ( Note i wasn't saying that sarcastically) It could actually be false. But who would Ferrari want and would MS have a say in the matter like Hakkinen and Raikkonen
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1029284)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Fielden
Well its being rumored in the "Gazzeta Della Sport" that his wife Corrina said she does not wish for him to continue after he's beaten Fangios record
He beat it last year, and he's racing this year. Not quite sure what you're tryng to say here.

I can't see Ferrari putting their faith in Massa, he would probably have another 1 1/2 season to mature, and he's showed few signs of it so far. Alonso shows more potential, but he seems well settled in at Renault, and it'd take a lot to persuade Flavio to sell. Someone like Webber might be the best option, as a lot of the other promisng drivers seem tied in with other topline teams. It could even be a chance for someone like Liuzzi or Wilson, if they can prove themselves elsewhere (Sauber?) by then?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1029296)   #6
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Good Point. But i think he's going to drive untill his contract expires in 06.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1029301)   #7
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Michael has a contract to the end of 2006, and the only 'talk' that has involved Michael or Willi Webber directly has been around the possibility of extending that, and the fact that he's enjoying his racing more than ever.

But I believe Ralf's accident may have changed Michael's perspective somewhat (and no doubt Corrina's!) and it wouldn't surprise me if he announced his retirement at the end of this season. That's purely my feeling on the matter - I wouldn't trust a single word in Gazetta!

The thing is, I'm not sure Michael will be ready to make a decision soon, which may leave Ferrari looking to fill a seat after everyone else has moved round. If it does happen at the end of this season, then I reckon it'll be Alonso or Webber (IF he hasn't gone to Williams).

Last edited by garcon; 7 Jul 2004 at 15:06.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:29 (Ref:1029395)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ms i think will stay till 2006.... i mean the Ferrari is superior and he is under no mental pressure o win as he has already acheived everything...

After that i cant see Massa in a no.1 role!! the guy is too erratic and inconsistent
Old 7 Jul 2004, 17:54 (Ref:1029472)   #9
Tamás
Rookie

Tamás should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Rubinho will leave the team when or before Schumacher finishes racing. I think it wouldn't be so easy to prove Flavio Briatore to let Alonso drive at Ferrari. And Sato isn't going to move to Scuderia because BAR-Honda will be able to beat Ferrari some years later. But Massa has a good chance to drive the red car at the week-ends.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1029499)   #10
Mr A Pie
Rookie

Mr A Pie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber....
Old 7 Jul 2004, 19:16 (Ref:1029529)   #11
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber Schmebber. He's pulled in too many directions as is. So far he is under contract with Mr. Renault, driving a Jag and going to Williams. He's good but in my book he has still to prove himself as a top tier pilot. Jury's still out.

As for MS's replacement I'd speculate that his successor has yet to make himself known. He could be 19 years old flying carts around an little track somewhere and none of us have even know he exists. 2006 is a long way off and as a great man frequently said "anything can happen in Formula 1 ... and usually does."
-
Old 7 Jul 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1029560)   #12
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with QuickSilver here, I don't think we've really seen MS' successor at Ferrari yet.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1029630)   #13
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Hang on i'm currently flying round a little track in a Kart here on the rock...... OH YES I'M NOW IN FRAME TO FILL THE SEAT!!!
LOL
Sorry had to be done
Old 7 Jul 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1029646)   #14
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree Quicksilver I don't think the world of F1 has even heard of his successor.Mark Webber will end up at Williams and probably finish there.(will arive there sooner than most think)I think the next MS will appear at the start of 05 testing but because he is an unknown no one will take much notice till towards the end of 05 when he fills in for someone or smashes a lap record in front of team Ferrari.

The Grumpy1
Old 7 Jul 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1029653)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
.Mark Webber will end up at Williams and probably finish there.(will arive there sooner than most think)
Hockenheim?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1029668)   #16
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
I heared that!!! also Possibly bring back Pizza-Man to Jag as he is Williams Tester at least untill DC arives in 05.

Ohh no here we go LOL
Old 8 Jul 2004, 00:03 (Ref:1029742)   #17
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Hockenheim?
One can not rule this out.(more than likly if all terms can be agreed to)As a famous person once said anything can happen in F1 and usely does.
Although it sounds outragious that this could happen it would give Williams a good head start on next year if the No1 driver is there now ready to improve the car.

The Grumpy1