Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 1999, 18:38 (Ref:4302)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a good reason for posing the question about "Bira" in the Formula 1 forum but unfortunately the thread was closed before I could provide the correct answer. Mel got it right and the new arrivals got it wrong. It would have been nice to take the opportunity to educate these new guys because they obviously have no knowledge of the history of the sport. YES LIZ. I AM ANGRY!!!!!
Old 8 Oct 1999, 18:53 (Ref:4303)   #2
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Peter, I think the relevance of the question was missed due to it being obscured by red mist.
Unfortunately, unlocking a thread is a bit like getting unpregnant.
Old 8 Oct 1999, 18:55 (Ref:4304)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, just as Mel got to the point of Peter's post the thread got closed. Liz, shame you couldn't have left it for a while to see how that topic developed.
Old 8 Oct 1999, 19:01 (Ref:4305)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!

Peter,
You may or may not have noticed that the F1 forum has been invaded by some idiots recently ? Last night I posted a message saying that there was to be no more off topic posts, mentions of Atlas/Bira, personal attacks or anything which might inflame the situation.

Liz took the decision to lock the thread to preserve the fragile peace which has descended on the forum, and I support her for this. I saw what you were trying to do with the topic, but i'm afraid that the timing wasn't right for that particular topic on that particular forum.

I'm sure you understand our position in this matter.
Old 8 Oct 1999, 19:21 (Ref:4306)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Peter and other "regulars", if I stepped on your toes by closing that thread. But I think we need to keep that stuff off the F1 board. If anybody wants to discuss other matters, perhaps we could let them run a bit under the Gravel Trap; however, I think Craig is right that we need to well and truly stop the off-topic bickering before it gets any worse.

Again, I do apologize if you were offended by being cut off so abruptly.

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 08 October 1999).]
Old 8 Oct 1999, 20:39 (Ref:4307)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to wrap this up.

I think I succeeded in proving that these new people are buffoons. The person who uses the name Bira is obviously an educated enthusiast. The response from the buffoons clearly demonstrates their complete lack of knowledge and education in matters of Grand Prix racing which as we all know is now called F1.
Old 8 Oct 1999, 20:44 (Ref:4308)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!

Thanks for that diplomatic answer Peter
Old 9 Oct 1999, 01:38 (Ref:4309)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Step off the soap box, Peter!
Old 10 Oct 1999, 01:29 (Ref:4310)   #9
JayWay
Rookie

JayWay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, in defense of my atlas counterparts, no they arnt bafoons who know nothing about F1. Actually they are quite the opposite. But Biras name IS NOT based on the former driver, it is short for Biranit.
Old 10 Oct 1999, 05:56 (Ref:4311)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
uh oh... I feel we could be going round in circles here... I'll lock this topic before it gets out of hand.

I did say that I didn't want any mention of the Atlas situation on the F1 forum, so I can't really complain that it's cropped up here, but please keep it off here too - this forum is for feedback about this site!

Thanks.
Closed Thread