Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3433426)   #5201
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Delta-ADR designed Coyote body for AXR?
Old 13 Jul 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3433447)   #5202
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
What happened to the Delta-ADR designed Coyote body for AXR?
Since the whole thing was "backed" by Millennium, I suspect it'll never see the light of day.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3433448)   #5203
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Since the whole thing was "backed" by Millennium, I suspect it'll never see the light of day.
agree, I've never believed so much in that custom coyote bodywork... also because surely GM won't sell/lease their engine without a corvette DP bodywork
Old 13 Jul 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3433456)   #5204
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
agree, I've never believed so much in that custom coyote bodywork... also because surely GM won't sell/lease their engine without a corvette DP bodywork
Hmm, they were more than happy to before the 'Vette' body work came along.

L.P.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3433460)   #5205
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
All we need to see is Jaguar.
SURE!
Old 13 Jul 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3433536)   #5206
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Would be really good news. Although you won't catch me calling that effort a "return" to Le Mans.
But at least it sounds as they would/could be actually bringing some of their own to the table, unlike these fake rebranding names of Ligier, Morgan, Alpine etc, and that's something...
Old 13 Jul 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3433559)   #5207
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
But at least it sounds as they would/could be actually bringing some of their own to the table, unlike these fake rebranding names of Ligier, Morgan, Alpine etc, and that's something...
Yep agreed, hence why I think it's good news.

At the same time - this isn't Ligier, Morgan or Alpine. It's Ford. Expectations will be higher and for me if you're talking about Le Mans returns - it needs to be in a pro class.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3433593)   #5208
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
See your point about Pecarolo and Oreca rebrandings (although in both cases I'll argue that they've been reasonably effectively done), but what are we supposed to see the Ligier as?
Old 13 Jul 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3433599)   #5209
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
See your point about Pecarolo and Oreca rebrandings (although in both cases I'll argue that they've been reasonably effectively done), but what are we supposed to see the Ligier as?
Oak. Onroak.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3433601)   #5210
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oak. Onroak.
Even though Nicolet's bought the existing Ligier sportscar business? I'm inclined to allow him this one, even though I wish it followed the traditional JS numbering sequence.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3433634)   #5211
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Good news, but if only Ford would buy Lola/Multimatic and join the ranks on building LMP2 cars...
It would be interesting to see them partner with Riley to get their P2 car off the ground. This would greatly depend on what their relationship with Dodge is like.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3433635)   #5212
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
I would not be surprised if Chevy yanks the C6 bodywork from the series in favor of something more generic. It does not really make sense to run something that looks like a car that the company will not have made in 2 model years heading into the 2015 season. They were rumored to be yanking it heading into this season.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3433640)   #5213
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

At the same time - this isn't Ligier, Morgan or Alpine. It's Ford. Expectations will be higher and for me if you're talking about Le Mans returns - it needs to be in a pro class.
It should be noted that the ACO and FIA are allowing all-pro driver line ups in LMP2 as of the end of the WEC season. This is following the TUSC model where all pro line ups are allowed in the Prototype (combined LMP2/DP) class.

But then again, this is what lead Porsche and HPD into the LMP2 class--increase in factory involvement in the class, not wanting to invest in LMP1, and allowing all-pro driver line ups with factory/semi-factory teams.

Or this could be the ACO and FIA posturing that they'd prefer to see the Daytona Prototypes fade away ASAP from TUSC, considering that a cost capped LMP2 is cheaper than a DP currently is.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3433642)   #5214
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I would not be surprised if Chevy yanks the C6 bodywork from the series in favor of something more generic. It does not really make sense to run something that looks like a car that the company will not have made in 2 model years heading into the 2015 season. They were rumored to be yanking it heading into this season.
That's not C6 bodywork though on the Corvette DP's. It's C7/Stingray bodywork.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3433643)   #5215
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
That's not C6 bodywork though on the Corvette DP's. It's C7/Stingray bodywork.
No it isn't. It's the same bodywork that has been on the car since 2012.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3433648)   #5216
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I doubt that, until the new cars for 2017 are brought on.

L.P.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3433649)   #5217
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Yep.

L.P.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3433670)   #5218
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Agreed, but remember that P2 will become a WEC Pro class again next year, and it's already Pro, and the top class, in their native North America. I would look at this as a TUSC-designed programme that could also run at Le Mans.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3433679)   #5219
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yep.
L.P.
The point I was making was that yes it's from 2012 before the stingray and C7R were introduced but the bodywork is still a half breed between the old and the new car. From an overall standpoint the bodywork is unmistakably corvette but the front and the rear lights are somewhere in between the old C6 and the new Stingray.

It was a hint at the styling langauge we were to see on the new C7.
Old 13 Jul 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3433680)   #5220
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It should be noted that the ACO and FIA are allowing all-pro driver line ups in LMP2 as of the end of the WEC season. This is following the TUSC model where all pro line ups are allowed in the Prototype (combined LMP2/DP) class.

But then again, this is what lead Porsche and HPD into the LMP2 class--increase in factory involvement in the class, not wanting to invest in LMP1, and allowing all-pro driver line ups with factory/semi-factory teams.

Or this could be the ACO and FIA posturing that they'd prefer to see the Daytona Prototypes fade away ASAP from TUSC, considering that a cost capped LMP2 is cheaper than a DP currently is.
I’d argue that this is more an attempt by the FIA and ACO to attract to the WEC young gold-rated drivers with funding that currently spend their time in F2 and WSR. It could also allow for factory junior teams for the development of prototype drivers before they step up to driving a P1. This may also explain the WEC's interest in a winter schedule.

I'd agree with Rodger Davies about what a Ford P2 program would look like. And having a chance for overall wins at Sebring and Daytona is a nice added benefit of such a TUSC plus Le Mans approach.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 00:11 (Ref:3433684)   #5221
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The point I was making was that yes it's from 2012 before the stingray and C7R were introduced but the bodywork is still a half breed between the old and the new car. From an overall standpoint the bodywork is unmistakably corvette but the front and the rear lights are somewhere in between the old C6 and the new Stingray.

It was a hint at the styling langauge we were to see on the new C7.
I don't see much resemblance between the C7 and the Chevy DP body.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3433685)   #5222
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Indeed! I'd be happy if they had a long-term P2 plan, would be good news for the North American scene and a viable Nissan alternative would be nice.
+1
Old 14 Jul 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3433728)   #5223
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Speaking of factory junior teams, I wonder if Audi decides to get involved in P2 and let Porsche do P1?

Sure that the P2 class is increasing, not to mention having the all-pro lineup, but I wonder if some manufacturers like Ford decides to add some subtle branding to their prototypes, much like the Lola/Aston Martin prototype car?
Old 14 Jul 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3433753)   #5224
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I keep seeing speculation on whether Audi will pack it in - usually predicated on whether VAG will decide to 'let Porsche win'.

The fact is that Audi's continued participation in top level sportscars is commercially successful, and has been for most of the programme - look at Audi's sales figures over a decade and more and there's little reason to believe that there's a case to stop. The current TV ad campaign again underlines their basic message - We are proving our road car technology through our (super successful) race programme. Few other carmakers can credibly claim the same.

Add to that that Audi have just moved into a bespoke, and much larger, motorsports HQ, and I'd be VERY surprised to see them leave LMP any time soon.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3433759)   #5225
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Audi are very much in the process of making Le mans and prototypes part their image. Can't really see them leaving.